The Education Forum

William Greer - the fatal shot from the front

The book "Murder from Within" by Newcomb and Adams sounds like it has some interesting early interviews in it, regardless of what one thinks of the Greer theory.

The theory that Greer fired the fatal shot, which I think has been summarily dismissed by most folks, does make sense (as a last recourse with JFK still alive, and with the distraction of other shots) and answers a lot of questions, but brings us back to the Z-film alteration issue, which may be the sticking point.

In any case, the linked article says the book "Murder from Within" is still unpublished, yet it is cited with page numbers as a source in articles by Fetzer and by Palamara that I know of. Does anyone know how one might get ahold of a copy of this book or manuscript?

Ron

The possibility of Greer having to shoot would explain, among other things, why McHugh was asked not to ride in the limo between Greer and Kellerman, a removal that McHugh said was "unusual." Of course this would also be for McHugh's personal safety when the shooting started. (It's also possible, if one thinks McHugh may have been in on the plot, that McHugh removed himself from the limo and then claimed someone made him do it. Would this Air Force officer really have obeyed such a last-minute request from an SS agent or other civilian, for no logical reason, if he felt it his duty to ride in the limo?)

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Just to follow up, when one looks at the individual Z frames leading up to and including Z313 (I use the Costella Combined Edit Frames site for this, which is the best that I know of), it is obvious that Greer at no time produces and points a gun at JFK. What one might interpret in the moving Z film as light reflecting on a gun is clearly seen, in the still frames, as sunlight on the top of Kellerman's head.

I had not looked at these frames before with the Greer theory in mind, but now having done so it is obvious to me that the theory has been properly dismissed. That said, I would still like to read Newcomb's book "Murder from Within." Very odd that this work has been so unavailable all these years if it contains what is claimed, e.g. interviews by Newcomb of Parkland medical staff.

Ron

In any case, the linked article says the book "Murder from Within" is still unpublished, yet it is cited with page numbers as a source in articles by Fetzer and by Palamara that I know of. Does anyone know how one might get ahold of a copy of this book or manuscript?

A search of the Abebooks database suggests that the book was never published.

A search of the Abebooks database suggests that the book was never published.

John,

Thanks. For anyone who has a manuscript but no publisher or who wishes to self-publish, take a look at the Instabook deal offered by Bradley Ayer's publisher Vox Pop. It looks very reasonably priced, and they produce the book from Word or PDF files, no expensive publishing program needed. (Although they don't mention it, you may need some kind of font file too, though, that seems to be required by all printers and I don't know exactly what it means or costs.) Here's the link to the Instabook program:

http://instabook.voxpopnet.net/

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker