The Education Forum

Jesse Curry

I tried to see if a similar thread existed, but I didn't see one. So, sorry John if I started a new thread in vain.

I know Chief Curry wrote a book, but have the other "higher ups" of the Dallas Police Department and/or the Sheriff's office spoken about their views of the investigation? Has Curry gone beyond his book?

I'm particularly interested in what they had to say once the FBI took over the investigation, and what they had to say once the Warren Report came out.

Do any Forum members have knowledge of what these men may have said?

I'm sure that since Will Fritz was "in charge" of the investigation in the beginning, he would have been able to give some valuable insight, in the years that followed...

The same goes for Decker too.

Thanks.

I tried to see if a similar thread existed, but I didn't see one. So, sorry John if I started a new thread in vain.

I know Chief Curry wrote a book, but have the other "higher ups" of the Dallas Police Department and/or the Sheriff's office spoken about their views of the investigation? Has Curry gone beyond his book?

I'm particularly interested in what they had to say once the FBI took over the investigation, and what they had to say once the Warren Report came out.

Do any Forum members have knowledge of what these men may have said?

I'm sure that since Will Fritz was "in charge" of the investigation in the beginning, he would have been able to give some valuable insight, in the years that followed...

The same goes for Decker too.

Thanks.

Could you start three separate threads on this three individuals. This will enable me to place it on the index. I will then let you know what I have got on all three. To start I have changed the title of this one to Jesse Curry.

Jesse Curry was born in 1914. After leaving Dallas Technical High School he worked for the Vitalic Battery Company. He also had his own cleaning and pressing shop before joining the Dallas police force in 1936. By taking civil service examinations he was able to gain promotions to a detective, sergeant, lieutenant of police, captain of police, inspector of police. He was sent to the FBI National Academy in Washington and in January, 1960, Curry was appointed as chief of police.

Curry was involved in the discussions with Kenneth O'Donnell (special assistant to Kennedy) and Winston G. Lawson (Secret Service) about the route of that President John F. Kennedy was to take on 22nd November, 1963. However, Curry always insisted that it was Lawson who made all the major decisions.

Curry drove the presidential motorcade's lead car and took control of the situation after the killing of Kennedy. The next day Curry told reporters that he could tell by the sound of the shots that they had come from the Texas School Book Depository.

Curry was also responsible for protecting Lee Harvey Oswald. However, he later claimed that just before Jack Ruby shot Oswald he was "called to take a phone call from Dallas Mayor Earle Cabell".

Dorothy Kilgallen later managed to obtain the Dallas Police Department radio logs for the day of the assassination. This revealed that as soon as the shots were fired in the Dealey Plaza, Curry issued an order to search the Grassy Knoll area. This contradicted what Curry had told reporters and the Warren Commission.

After viewing the Zapruder Film Curry came to the conclusion that Governor John Connally and John F. Kennedy had been hit by separate bullets. He told interviewer Tom Johnson that he was not convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy: "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building (Texas School Book Depository) with a gun in his hand."

Jesse Curry, who published the book, The JFK Assassination File (1969), died of a heart attack in June, 1980.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcurryJ.htm

Namebase entry for Jesse Curry:

http://www.namebase.org/main2/Jesse-E-Curry.html

Duffy,J. Ricci,V. The Assassination of John F. Kennedy. 1992 (141)

Fensterwald,B. Coincidence or Conspiracy? 1977 (433-7)

Groden,R. Livingstone,H. High Treason. 1990 (155, 160-1, 212, 214, 237, 252-4, 285)

Hepburn,J. Farewell America. 1968 (284, 346-9, 351-3)

Kantor,S. The Ruby Cover-up. 1992 (112, 116, 119-20, 138, 142-3, 148-9, 385-6)

LaFontaine,R.& M. Oswald Talked. 1996 (69, 299)

Marrs,J. Crossfire. 1990 (9, 14, 219-20, 244-5, 259, 357, 440, 566)

Melanson,P. Spy Saga. 1990 (15)

Russell,D. The Man Who Knew Too Much. 1992 (314)

Scheim,D. Contract on America. 1988 (23, 29, 111)

Scott,P.D... The Assassinations: Dallas and Beyond. 1976 (36)