The Education Forum

Where Was Lee?

Tim Gratz

In another thread, Greg Parker wrote:

Baker did not have an encounter with Oswald on the 2nd floor - and perhaps, not at all.

Baker did have an encounter on the 3rd or 4th floor with perhaps, the real shooter. Baker's same day discription did match the description given by Rowland and was also very similar to those broadcast for the Tippit murder.

Greg, I am sure a lot of members were intrigued by these statements. Many of us reject LHO as a shooter because of Baker's encounter with him so soon after the shots stopped.

Can you expand on your thoughts re this? And where was Truly?

Thanks much.

Edited by Tim Gratz

In another thread, Greg Parker wrote:

Baker did not have an encounter with Oswald on the 2nd floor - and perhaps, not at all.

Baker did have an encounter on the 3rd or 4th floor with perhaps, the real shooter. Baker's same day discription did match the description given by Rowland and was also very similar to those broadcast for the Tippit murder.

Greg, I am sure a lot of members were intrigued by these statements.  Many of us reject LHO as a shooter because of Baker's encounter with him so soon after the shots stopped.

Can you expand on your thoughts re this?  And where was Truly?

Thanks much.

Yes, Tim, I can -- and will in due course. Am working on something which I hope will make people think about the official version of events on 22/11/63 and how they were distorted. Very slow going due to family commitments and am also in the middle of preparing to move way down south.

The 2nd floor Baker encounter is particularly difficult to get people to accept was a crock. I blame the movie JFK for that -- etched the scene into minds of the audience.

Greg is right. Most people probably view JFK as the "Gospel" as it relates to the assassination even though Oliver Stone never so asserted that every scene was historically accurate. I am sure many people believe that there was actually a "Mr X" that met with Garrison. And, as we discussed before in a different thread, Garrison did not participate in the original Ferrie interview even though the movie places him there.

What I am wondering is how Oswald could have moved one stairs up, supposedly bought a coke and even turned his back (before) while Baker was "trotting" and confronted Oswald approximately 75 seconds after the shooting. Remember that Baker supposedly saw Oswald through the small window on the first floor and then again on the 2nd, 3rd or the 4th floor. Could Oswald have made it? This one is a big mystery and the person who can explain it has surely done "one heck of a job". ;)

In my opinion the speculation about the 3rd or 4th floor probably won't take us anywhere. But that is just me..

Edited by ville huoponen