The Education Forum

Juan Francisco Blanco Fernandez

Wade Rhodes

What information do we have on this guy?

I have this excerpt 'Within days of the assassination, for example, the Secret Service, which had launched its own investigation, received an urgent report from its Chicago office about a Cuban exile who had been seeking to buy guns in Chicago since September. He was traveling in the company of one Juan Francisco Blanco Fernandez, a friend of Salvat and a member of the DRE's military section. On the day before the assassination, the exile told a Secret Service informant that the group had "plenty of money" and would buy weapons "as soon as we take care of Kennedy." But Hoover, whose bureau took over the investigation with the support of President Johnson, forced the Secret Service to drop further inquiries. The FBI preferred to pursue the theory that Oswald had acted alone.'

What information do we have on this guy?

I have this excerpt 'Within days of the assassination, for example, the Secret Service, which had launched its own investigation, received an urgent report from its Chicago office about a Cuban exile who had been seeking to buy guns in Chicago since September. He was traveling in the company of one Juan Francisco Blanco Fernandez, a friend of Salvat and a member of the DRE's military section. On the day before the assassination, the exile told a Secret Service informant that the group had "plenty of money" and would buy weapons "as soon as we take care of Kennedy." But Hoover, whose bureau took over the investigation with the support of President Johnson, forced the Secret Service to drop further inquiries. The FBI preferred to pursue the theory that Oswald had acted alone.'

I think Larry Hancock gets into this in his book. Hopefully he'll chime in with what he's uncovered.

Blanco Fernandez was reportedly military director for the DRE circa 1963 and was heavily

involved in their arms buying efforts...both in Chicago and in Dallas. In Chicago, the

FBI determined that Blanco was an associate of Homer Echevarria (the fellow

who mentioned "taking care of Kennedy" to an informant). Since Blanco was operating

out of Miami and later in Dallas that makes him one candidate for passing along gossip

about a possible move against the President. Another candidate who was also

traveling to Chicago and New Orleans from Miami would be Victor Hernandez. Yet another

who was wording with Paulino Sierra out of Chicago would be Carlos Quesada , closely

associated with Alpha 66, Veciana and Menoyo.

I'd probably put my money on the other two rather than Blanco if I were a betting man...

virtually no way to resolve it as far as I can tell.

-- Larry

Blanco Fernandez was reportedly military director for the DRE circa 1963 and was heavily

involved in their arms buying efforts...both in Chicago and in Dallas. In Chicago, the

FBI determined that Blanco was an associate of Homer Echevarria (the fellow

who mentioned "taking care of Kennedy" to an informant). Since Blanco was operating

out of Miami and later in Dallas that makes him one candidate for passing along gossip

about a possible move against the President. Another candidate who was also

traveling to Chicago and New Orleans from Miami would be Victor Hernandez. Yet another

who was wording with Paulino Sierra out of Chicago would be Carlos Quesada , closely

associated with Alpha 66, Veciana and Menoyo.

I'd probably put my money on the other two rather than Blanco if I were a betting man...

virtually no way to resolve it as far as I can tell.

-- Larry

Interesting, thanks Larry.