The Education Forum

HistoryGCSE.org

Hi Andy

As usual your website is packed to the rafters with great material and I like the way you have consolidated all your various sites together - a lot easier to navigate.

I would think about a couple of things though - when the page initially loads the link bar is in the centre of the page and then it shifts to the left leaving a huge green gap. It is only when you scroll down that you read the statement describing each page. I would either keep to one colour or at least shift up the description to the top of your page.

Also do you need adverts at the top and the bottom of the page? and maybe you should standardise the size of your adverts.

There is also a funny grey box on the left hand side at the bottom of the page - why?

And finally how about a link to My Website for some more Nazi and Medicine SHP downloads!! :tomatoes

I would think about a couple of things though - when the page initially loads the link bar is in the centre of the page and then it shifts to the left leaving a huge green gap. It is only when you scroll down that you read the statement describing each page. I would either keep to one colour or at least shift up the description to the top of your page.

Thanks Dan

I think many of the issues you raise might be something to do with your browser - try pressing ctrl-alt F5 a few times.

I will certainly link to your materials as requested

Andy

You have 2 ask a teacher buttons which appear to lead to the same place....

But maybe I'm being dense (wouldn't be the first time!)

Ed

So I have :D

I'm obviously keen to answer questions... I 'll get rid of one now!

I take it you are not seeing the same issues as Dan identified??

I am using Firefox as my browser so there shouldn't be any problems, but despite your recommendations I still get the same blank green until I scroll down.

Indulge me old boy and try it in another browser refresh the page and then try Firefox again

Say what you like about Uncle Bill and 'his' software, but the site works fine in IE :ice

:tomatoes

Firefox can be a problem up you haven't downloaded the necessary plugins.

This doesn't however explain why Dan is "seeing green" as it were.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the page http://www.historygcse.org ?