The Education Forum

GCSE History Revision section

I have created a new section of my GCSE history website dedicated to revision

http://www.educationforum.co.uk/revisiontips.htm

This section is designed to support GCSE History students prepare for their examinations

Dealing with exam nerves gives you tried and tested tips on how to overcome the exam jitters.

Basic exam skills helps to expalin what key examination words mean.

Revision and Preferred Learning Styles helps you understand how best you learn and offers strategies to play to your strengths

External Revision Links identifies the best External revision sites.

Students are also encouraged to download a Revision Planner today and to make a start organising your revision

There is also basic revision advice for SHP students

http://www.educationforum.co.uk/revisiontips.htm

Great stuff Andy as usual, but as you will see from your posting here you have a typo on the first page and one of your links doesn't work - History study stop - maybe you could replace it with comptonhistory!. I really like the glossary of key terms and a good link to John D's VAK revision techniques - why have you kept ActiveHistory on there if it's subscription? Keep up the good work - my boys are using your site to revise - saves me having to do the hard work!

Great stuff Andy as usual, but as you will see from your posting here you have a typo on the first page and one of your links doesn't work - History study stop - maybe you could replace it with comptonhistory!. I really like the glossary of key terms and a good link to John D's VAK revision techniques - why have you kept ActiveHistory on there if it's subscription? Keep up the good work - my boys are using your site to revise - saves me having to do the hard work!

Thanks for the feedback... much appreciated :) . I'll correct the spelling and consider your suggested link :lol:

Are you really suggesting that I should remove the link to our Comenius colleague's website?

I have no doubt that it is an excellent website, and worthy of a link, but I can't comment cos I've never used it since it went pay per view :lol:

Actually I didn't use it much even before it went "pay per view" as it was clearly pitched at the level of a highly selective intake.

I think the boy Tarr deserves a bit of encouragement however. He has some excellent ideas and doesn't seem to charge that much for his wares.

There comes a point in the life of any website where you either start charging or you carrying advertisements to pay your costs. I disagreed with Russel when he decided to take the route he chose - a disagreement he for some reason decided to take very personally... I do however wish him well with his site.