The Education Forum

Smoke and Mirrors: LBJ and Texas

Who really assassinated (executed) JFK?

LBJ all the way!

Why? JFK found out about political murders in Texas, which were best left in Texas.

In order to understand the JFK assassination you have to understand Texas politics of the time. Texas was a nation unto itself. It created its own laws. It worked its own Justice system.

"If you Play with Texas-You Pay in Dallas. ..".

From 1945 until 1963 Texas walked a very thin line between right and wrong; justice and injustice; some fell off the ballot box and others were stuffed in. You don't mess with Texas.

"... JFK needed another Parade like he needed a hole in the head. ..". (A Texas political Joke of 1964)

Tosh,

That sounds pretty much in line with the words of Billie Sol Estes that I've quoted before, from his book Estes: A Living Legend, pp. 141-142:

"The real story behind the assassination is just plain simple. Nothing elaborate, just a country turkey shoot with some country boys doing the shooting. The fact is President Kennedy did not understand Texas and its business ways. Even today, if I want to make sure something happens, I invite the people to meet me in my county. If things do not work out, I have them arrested. Pretty soon, they see things my way. Kennedy should never have come to Texas. He knew a majority of Texans hated him but he just did not realize the danger. He was a member of the intellectual elite and pretentious. He did not realize that LBJ and his friends intended to kill him."

Ron

Tosh,

That sounds pretty much in line with the words of Billie Sol Estes that I've quoted before, from his book Estes: A Living Legend, pp. 141-142:

"The real story behind the assassination is just plain simple. Nothing elaborate, just a country turkey shoot with some country boys doing the shooting. The fact is President Kennedy did not understand Texas and its business ways. Even today, if I want to make sure something happens, I invite the people to meet me in my county. If things do not work out, I have them arrested. Pretty soon, they see things my way. Kennedy should never have come to Texas. He knew a majority of Texans hated him but he just did not realize the danger. He was a member of the intellectual elite and pretentious. He did not realize that LBJ and his friends intended to kill him."

Ron

Yes Ron. Sounds very much like some of the things Billy Sol said under oath.

I think the following should be considered by any serious researcher. (ref" Spartacus search)

"... LETTER #2 - FROM DOUGLAS CADDY:

August 9, 1984

Mr. Stephen S. Trott

Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division

U.S. Department of Justice

Washington, D. C. 20530

RE: Mr. Billie Sol Estes

Dear Mr. Trott:

My client, Mr. Estes, has authorized me to make this reply to your letter of May 29, 1984. Mr. Estes was a member of a four-member group, headed by Lyndon Johnson, which committed criminal acts in Texas in the 1960's. The other two, besides Mr. Estes and LBJ, were Cliff Carter and Mac Wallace. Mr. Estes is willing to disclose his knowledge concerning the following criminal offenses:

I. Murders

1. The killing of Henry Marshall

2. The killing of George Krutilek

3. The killing of Ike Rogers and his secretary

4. The killing of Harold Orr

5. The killing of Coleman Wade

6. The killing of Josefa Johnson

7. The killing of John Kinser

8. The killing of President J. F. Kennedy.

Mr. Estes is willing to testify that LBJ ordered these killings, and that he transmitted his orders through Cliff Carter to Mac Wallace, who executed the murders. In the cases of murders nos. 1-7, Mr. Estes' knowledge of the precise details concerning the way the murders were executed stems from conversations he had shortly after each event with Cliff Carter and Mac Wallace.

In addition, a short time after Mr. Estes was released from prison in 1971, he met with Cliff Carter and they reminisced about what had occurred in the past, including the murders. During their conversation, Carter orally compiled a list of 17 murders which had been committed, some of which Mr. Estes was unfamiliar. A living witness was present at that meeting and should be willing to testify about it. He is Kyle Brown, recently of Houston and now living in Brady, Texas.

Mr. Estes, states that Mac Wallace, whom he describes as a "stone killer" with a communist background, recruited Jack Ruby, who in turn recruited Lee Harvey Oswald. Mr. Estes says that Cliff Carter told him that Mac Wallace fired a shot from the grassy knoll in Dallas, which hit JFK from the front during the assassination.

Mr. Estes declares that Cliff Carter told him the day Kennedy was killed, Fidel Castro also was supposed to be assassinated and that Robert Kennedy, awaiting word of Castro's death, instead received news of his brother's killing.

Mr. Estes says that the Mafia did not participate in the Kennedy assassination but that itparticipation was discussed prior to the event, but rejected by LBJ, who believed if the Mafia were involved, he would never be out from under its blackmail.

Mr. Estes asserts that Mr. Ronnie Clark, of Wichita, Kansas, has attempted on several occasions to engage him in conversation. Mr. Clark, who is a frequent visitor to Las Vegas, has indicated in these conversations a detailed knowledge corresponding to Mr. Estes' knowledge of the JFK assassination. Mr. Clark claims to have met with Mr. Jack Ruby a few days prior to the assassination, at which time Kennedy's planned murder was discussed.

Mr. Estes declares that discussions were had with Jimmy Hoffa concerning having his aide, Larry Cabell, kill Robert Kennedy while the latter drove around in his convertible.

Mr. Estes has records of his phone calls during the relevant years to key persons mentioned in the foregoing account.

II. The Illegal Cotton Allotments

Mr. Estes desires to discuss the infamous illegal cotten allotment schemes in great detail. He has recordings made at the time of LBJ, Cliff Carter and himself discussing the scheme. These recordings were made with Cliff Carter's knowledge as a means of Carter and Estes protecting them selves should LBJ order their deaths.

Mr. Estes believes these tape recordings and the rumors of other recordings allegedly in his possession are the reason he has not been murdered.

III. Illegal Payoffs

Mr. Estes is willing to disclose illegal payoff schemes, in which he collected and passed on to Cliff Carter and LBJ millions of dollars. Mr. Estes collected payoff money on more than one occasion from George and Herman Brown of Brown and Root, which was delivered to LBJ.

In your letter of May 29, 1984, you request "(1) the information, including the extent of corroborative evidence, that Mr. Estes sources of his information, and (3) the extent of his involvement, if any, in each of those events or any subsequent cover-ups."

In connection with Item # 1, I wish to declare, as Mr. Estes' attorney, that Mr. Estes is prepared without reservation to provide all the information he has. Most of the information contained in this letter I obtained from him yesterday for the first time. While Mr. Estes has been pre-occupied by this knowledge almost every day for the last 22 years, it was not until we began talking yesterday that he could face up to disclosing it to another person. My impression from our conversation yesterday is that Mr. Estes, in the proper setting, will be able to recall and orally recount a criminal matters. It is also my impression that his interrogation in such a setting will elicit additional corroborative evidence as his memory is stimulated.

In connection with your Item #2, Mr. Estes has attempted in this letter to provide his sources of information.

In connection with your Item #3, Mr. Estes states that he never participated in any of the murders. It may be alleged that he participated in subsequent cover-ups. His response to this is that had he conducted himself any differently, he, too, would have been a murder victim.

Mr. Estes wishes to confirm that he will abide by the conditions set forth in your letter and that he plans to act with total honesty and candor in any dealings with the Department of Justice or any federal investigative agency.

In return for his cooperation, Mr. Estes wishes in exchange his being given immunity, his parole restrictions being lifted and favorable consideration being given to recommending his long-standing tax leins being removed and his obtaining a pardon.

Sincerely yours,

Douglas Caddy

Read the LATEST (4/20/98) DOCUMENTS!!... ...".

Local and national media reports:

"... Estes later claimed Johnson was involved in a conspiracy to murder witnesses in the Estes trial as part of a wider conspiracy related to the Kennedy assassination. In 1984 Estes' lawyer Douglas Caddy wrote to the Department of Justice claiming that Estes, Lyndon B. Johnson, Malcolm "Mac" Wallace and Cliff Carter had been involved in the murders of Henry Marshall, George Krutilek, Harold Orr, Ike Rogers and his secretary, Coleman Wade, the president's sister Josefa Johnson, John Kinser and John F. Kennedy. Caddy added, "Mr. Estes is willing to testify that LBJ ordered these killings, and that he transmitted his orders through Cliff Carter to Mac Wallace, who executed the murders. ...".

Until these matters are put to rest and the above information completely investigated as to its accuracy, I do not feel the focus on the Kennedy assassination should be place upon the 'Cubans, the CIA, or the Mafia'.

It seems strange to me that when someone gets to close to this Texas connection then they are discredited of labeled as "Crazies". We have to look at "Motive, Means, and Opportunity". You cannot exclude the above and incert theories about CIA, MI, Mafia, and Cubans as the killers of JFK. Why do you think it has been so easy to publish 'CIA, Military, Mob, and Cubans as the killers of JFK? Because that is your "Smoke and Mirrors". and too, that is your 'cover up'. This investigation is still being controled by the Powers that Be and will stay that way until all of us are dead and gone...some of us sooner than others.

-

Its a very simple case when you assemble all the nuts and bolts and take your head out of the sand. It is a case which is much more than "Prepondence of the Evidence". When properly evaluated the JFK assassination becomes an overwhelming conviction toward LBJ and his "Fat Cats" as some call for flavor "The Texas Mafia".

William Plumlee

Edited by William Plumlee

Tosh,

Ron

Until these matters are put to rest and the above information completely investigated as to its accuracy, I do not feel the focus on the Kennedy assassination should be place upon the 'Cubans, the CIA, or the Mafia'.

It seems strange to me that when someone gets to close to this Texas connection then they are discredited of labeled as "Crazies". We have to look at "Motive, Means, and Opportunity". You cannot exclude the above and incert theories about CIA, MI, Mafia, and Cubans as the killers of JFK. Why do you think it has been so easy to publish 'CIA, Military, Mob, and Cubans as the killers of JFK? Because that is your "Smoke and Mirrors". and too, that is your 'cover up'. This investigation is still being controled by the Powers that Be and will stay that way until all of us are dead and gone...some of us sooner than others.

-

Its a very simple case when you assemble all the nuts and bolts and take your head out of the sand. It is a case which is much more than "Prepondence of the Evidence". When properly evaluated the JFK assassination becomes an overwhelming conviction toward LBJ and his "Fat Cats" as some call for flavor "The Texas Mafia".

William Plumlee

Goodness me, William. Your conclusions dovetail nicely with hypothesii(?sic?) I've come to myself.

The way I see it, it's a matter of 'getting back to basics', and that the conspiracy IS the conspiracy in the sense of being successfully (from the point of view of the conspirators) adopted by researchers world wide. In other words it is not the assassination that is being investigated, but rather the 'smokescreen' which is just smoke and hence fruitless.(not fruitless in the sense of uncovering lots of interesting things, thats for sure, but anything to do with the assassination is coincidental and readily countered by the tried and true 'smoke machine' which skilfully steers the boat.)

Where I diverge is in considering LBJ. There are things about numbers involved and other things that 'don't make sense' to me. I get the impression you're far more knowledgeable than me in all these things so for now I'll just continue to listen and learn. (BTW as a skeptic, I'm also skeptical about my own views and accept the possibility of being wrong, I'd even accept the 'Castro dood it' theory if the evidence was there, which I certainly don't see as anything more than more smoke to this point, ditto mob, CIA(as an institution),

(FBI I'm not so sure about , seems a preponderance of ex FBI involved in some way), they were so heavily into the COINTELPRO thing in the south re integration. So many overlaps there)

Who really assassinated (executed) JFK? LBJ all the way! Why? JFK found out about political murders in Texas, which were best left in Texas. In order to understand the JFK assassination you have to understand Texas politics of the time. Texas was a nation unto itself. It created its own laws. It worked its own Justice system. "If you Play with Texas-You Pay in Dallas...." From 1945 until 1963 Texas walked a very thin line between right and wrong; justice and injustice; some fell off the ballot box and others were stuffed in. You don't mess with Texas. "... JFK needed another Parade like he needed a hole in the head...." (A Texas political Joke of 1964)

Texas used to be a "nation unto itself." Now it's taken over the whole shooting match (pun intended).

The reason that there is so much convolution is that one of the operations, planned from D.C., was an assassination "attempt" which would either discredit Dallas' extreme right wing or be presented as a Castro assassination "attempt" which would accomplish the goals set forth in Operation Northwoods. Johnny Roselli's abort team, rather than preventing a risky political demonstration, apparently piggy-backed onto it and turned it into an actual assassination. By definition, those implicated in the earlier Northwoods-type operation would have appeared guilty of a far more serious crime than they ever imagined - most especially Oswald - thereby generating such a widespread cover-up.

We know that word had leaked from a November 4, 1963 interoffice memo from Hunt Oil security chief Paul Rothermel to H.L. Hunt that there were "unconfirmed reports of possible violence during the parade." There was information from Dallas police and FBI informants that General Walker's right-wing political group on the campus of North Texas State University was "planning an incident." But Rothermel wrote, "There is another report from a left-wing group that an incident will occur with the knowledge of the President whereby the left-wingers will start the incident in hopes of dragging in any of the right side groups or individuals nearby and then withdrawing.... If an incident were to occur, the true story of who perpetrated it would never come out."

If there was a White House operation that was piggy-backed and turned into an assassination, one can imagine the hesitancy of the SS, the deviations from standard security procedures and the need for so high a level of cover-up, including by RFK. Oswald purchased the rifle in an unnecessarily traceable manner and left it in place for someone to take a few stray shots with the Carcano while he waited by the phone for a call that never came. Alternatively, Oswald did fire the Carcano three times, one shot hitting the asphalt straight below him and one shot hitting the curb that caused Tague's injury. It's very possible that numerous people knew of an operation, but were shocked that the president was killed, as David Phillips later wrote.

I know elements within the federal government knew it was going to happen (FBI for one) and as a result of that information a military styled Covert Action Group attatched with CIA support was sent to try and stop it.
It has always seemed odd to me that an abort team would be sent to try to stop the assassination, instead of the White House being informed that there was a plot and that the trip should therefore be aborted. The Chicago trip was aborted for this very reason. Why didn't they just keep JFK out of Dallas, or at least out of a motorcade (as they did on the Miami trip)?
The way I understand it was the information was late in getting to the right people at the White House, namely the Secret Service. The information was at first very vague and had been received from parties in Miami after they had been picked up (detained) by the FBI attempting to fire a "Bazooka" on Air Force One at West Palm Beach airport (time frame about Nov 17 I think).... The abort team was put together very fast and was not very organized, as I have stated in the past. MI seemed to be the main contact as well as sections within the CIA that formed the team, TFW Sec-C, and dispatched the team to Dallas. I think after the assassination the government had a real problem if the information they had received before the hit had been made public at the time or released shortly after. Oswald was UC for MI (OMC section 235) and was an FBI informant and had infiltrated the Dallas Cubans and their network. His "cut-out" was the Dallas PD....

The question I have about Tosh's LBJ/Texas post is how the Dealey Plaza plan related to the Miami events just days earlier. If it was a well-thought-out Texas plot, intended to take place in Texas, how would knowledge of it be derived from the anti-Castro detainees in Palm Beach, and why would there be a JM/WAVE connection? Can anyone confirm whether there were any official arrests made relating to the Palm Beach Airport on November 17, 1963?

Regarding Texas, one of the long-discussed issues has been JFK's purpose in making the trip. While the feuding within the Texas Democratic Party has always been considered a strong factor, some Kennedy loyalists have insisted that it was the opening salvo of the 1964 campaign, pure and simple. But it was that very intramural feud which had Kennedy working on the motorcade seating arrangements right up until the landing at Love Field. It's also strongly suggested by Manchester that the heated exchange between JFK and LBJ behind a closed door at the Hotel Texas was over this same issue. As Tip O'Neill said: "All politics is local."

T.C.

Edited by Tim Carroll

Who really assassinated (executed) JFK? LBJ all the way! Why? JFK found out about political murders in Texas, which were best left in Texas. In order to understand the JFK assassination you have to understand Texas politics of the time. Texas was a nation unto itself. It created its own laws. It worked its own Justice system. "If you Play with Texas-You Pay in Dallas...." From 1945 until 1963 Texas walked a very thin line between right and wrong; justice and injustice; some fell off the ballot box and others were stuffed in. You don't mess with Texas. "... JFK needed another Parade like he needed a hole in the head...." (A Texas political Joke of 1964)

Texas used to be a "nation unto itself." Now it's taken over the whole shooting match (pun intended).

The reason that there is so much convolution is that one of the operations, planned from D.C., was an assassination "attempt" which would either discredit Dallas' extreme right wing or be presented as a Castro assassination "attempt" which would accomplish the goals set forth in Operation Northwoods. Johnny Roselli's abort team, rather than preventing a risky political demonstration, apparently piggy-backed onto it and turned it into an actual assassination. By definition, those implicated in the earlier Northwoods-type operation would have appeared guilty of a far more serious crime than they ever imagined - most especially Oswald - thereby generating such a widespread cover-up.

We know that word had leaked from a November 4, 1963 interoffice memo from Hunt Oil security chief Paul Rothermel to H.L. Hunt that there were "unconfirmed reports of possible violence during the parade." There was information from Dallas police and FBI informants that General Walker's right-wing political group on the campus of North Texas State University was "planning an incident." But Rothermel wrote, "There is another report from a left-wing group that an incident will occur with the knowledge of the President whereby the left-wingers will start the incident in hopes of dragging in any of the right side groups or individuals nearby and then withdrawing.... If an incident were to occur, the true story of who perpetrated it would never come out."

If there was a White House operation that was piggy-backed and turned into an assassination, one can imagine the hesitancy of the SS, the deviations from standard security procedures and the need for so high a level of cover-up, including by RFK. Oswald purchased the rifle in an unnecessarily traceable manner and left it in place for someone to take a few stray shots with the Carcano while he waited by the phone for a call that never came. Alternatively, Oswald did fire the Carcano three times, one shot hitting the asphalt straight below him and one shot hitting the curb that caused Tague's injury. It's very possible that numerous people knew of an operation, but were shocked that the president was killed, as David Phillips later wrote.

I know elements within the federal government knew it was going to happen (FBI for one) and as a result of that information a military styled Covert Action Group attatched with CIA support was sent to try and stop it.
It has always seemed odd to me that an abort team would be sent to try to stop the assassination, instead of the White House being informed that there was a plot and that the trip should therefore be aborted. The Chicago trip was aborted for this very reason. Why didn't they just keep JFK out of Dallas, or at least out of a motorcade (as they did on the Miami trip)?
The way I understand it was the information was late in getting to the right people at the White House, namely the Secret Service. The information was at first very vague and had been received from parties in Miami after they had been picked up (detained) by the FBI attempting to fire a "Bazooka" on Air Force One at West Palm Beach airport (time frame about Nov 17 I think).... The abort team was put together very fast and was not very organized, as I have stated in the past. MI seemed to be the main contact as well as sections within the CIA that formed the team, TFW Sec-C, and dispatched the team to Dallas. I think after the assassination the government had a real problem if the information they had received before the hit had been made public at the time or released shortly after. Oswald was UC for MI (OMC section 235) and was an FBI informant and had infiltrated the Dallas Cubans and their network. His "cut-out" was the Dallas PD....

The question I have about Tosh's LBJ/Texas post is how the Dealey Plaza plan related to the Miami events just days earlier. If it was a well-thought-out Texas plot, intended to take place in Texas, how would knowledge of it be derived from the anti-Castro detainees in Palm Beach, and why would there be a JM/WAVE connection? Can anyone confirm whether there were any official arrests made relating to the Palm Beach Airport on November 17, 1963?

Regarding Texas, one of the long-discussed issues has been JFK's purpose in making the trip. While the feuding within the Texas Democratic Party has always been considered a strong factor, some Kennedy loyalists have insisted that it was the opening salvo of the 1964 campaign, pure and simple. But it was that very intramural feud which had Kennedy working on the motorcade seating arrangements right up until the landing at Love Field. It's also strongly suggested by Manchester that the heated exchange between JFK and LBJ behind a closed door at the Hotel Texas was over this same issue. As Tip O'Neill said: "All politics is local."

T.C.

The West Palm Beech attempt was little more than a unorganized attempt. It was not a planned attempt by any government doings. However, statements made at the time caused alarm that there was an organized attempt being planned by elements within Cuba. I don't think the Bazooka attempt was any way connected with events in Miami. I believe we had two different activities going on, but only one was a real covert plan, and that was in Texas.

There were many reports that Kennedy was going to be hit. Some from the Mob... some from the Cubans.., and some from private citizens scattered across the U.S.. However the Texas plot was the one that was well planned in advance. It would be easy to shift blame to the Cubans and the mafia, even to the Dallas Cubans. Mi-Intel had very little factual information to work with and the CIA had less and they too first looked at the Cubans and then at elements within the Mafia.

Perhaps, some of this information from Dallas and all the gun running and fund raising going on through there caused them to think of a planned organized hit and it being planned by individuals within the CIA and parts of MI. A war within a war.. two factions within the same departments and agencies, including the FBI. However, this is all speculation.

As time and information and what documentation has come forward in the past few years, even I have re thought and speculated upon the chain of events and looked deeper into the motives and who would gain the most. Texas has become my prim focus as to the answers and all other matters a pattern of which over time have led into 'what if' type speculations.

I could say the Clan did it or the coal miners of PA... but that too would be speculation on my part and carry as much weight as some of the other ideas being has thrown around at this late date. There would be no way I would know anything about the actual planning wherever it was planned. CIA, Mafia, Texas, or Cuba.

I like many saw it happen and ran.

Edited by William Plumlee

...the Texas plot was the one that was well planned in advance.

I believe Tosh has previously said that there was also information that the hit might have been planned for in front of the Adolphus Hotel. It would be interesting to peruse photos of that location with the kind of care given Dealey Plaza. Also, as said before, the real reason for the Presidential trip to Texas, and how urgently it was pushed to JFK and by whom, are considerations worthy of attention.

I don't think the Bazooka attempt was any way connected with events in Miami. I believe we had two different activities going on, but only one was a real covert plan, and that was in Texas. There were many reports that Kennedy was going to be hit. Some from the Mob... some from the Cubans..., and some from private citizens scattered across the U.S. However the Texas plot was the one that was well planned in advance. It would be easy to shift blame to the Cubans and the mafia, even to the Dallas Cubans. Mi-Intel had very little factual information to work with and the CIA had less and they too first looked at the Cubans and then at elements within the Mafia. Perhaps, some of this information from Dallas and all the gun running and fund raising going on through there caused them to think of a planned organized hit and it being planned by individuals within the CIA and parts of MI. A war within a war.... There would be no way I would know anything about the actual planning wherever it was planned. CIA, Mafia, Texas, or Cuba. I like many saw it happen and ran.

I misspoke when I was pondering the connection between Miami and Dallas; there's been so much talk about the Miami Airport security on the 18th that I confused that with the Palm Beach plot on the 17th. Tosh's post supports my sense that the Chicago and Tampa suspicions and/or plans were not of the same magnitude as Dallas. But to boil down my quandery, it is about the connection between a Texas plot by Texans and the Florida operations. Why would JM/WAVE be brought in, even as an abort capability, unless there was a strong Cuban connection. If the Harlendale/Beckley Cubans were involved in gunrunning and perhaps Armory thefts, how would that have connected to JM/WAVE and Roselli? I've begun to consider that an abort mission from Florida makes sense in the context of aborting a compromised Northwoods attempt, especially given Jackie's short-noticed presence. This would explain why a special MI unit, perhaps operating specially on behalf of one of Bobby's subgroups, would be used rather than the SS or FBI.

T.C.

["..... Why would JM/WAVE be brought in, even as an abort capability, unless there was a strong Cuban connection. If the Harlendale/Beckley Cubans were involved in gunrunning and perhaps Armory thefts, how would that have connected to JM/WAVE and Roselli? I've begun to consider that an abort mission from Florida makes sense in the context of aborting a compromised Northwoods attempt, especially given Jackie's short-noticed presence. This would explain why a special MI unit, perhaps operating specially on behalf of one of Bobby's subgroups, would be used rather than the SS or FBI.

T.C.

Perhaps it was because of the West Palm Beach matter that caused the MI to be dispatched. This information was passed to Miami's Wave station and considering all the other information they had received, example: gun running, fund raising, and other activities including the intel from Dallas Army intel matters concerning Cuban activities in and around Dallas and surrounding areas, a team was dispatched from Florida, thinking a hit was going to be made by elements within military or CIA. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that Intel walked blindly into the Texas matter thinking the pending hit on the President was an inside job and had to be covered-up at all cost because of the possible elements within that would appear to the public to be government connections.

Also consider that perhaps there were other matters developing within the Intel community, which LBJ would be aware of. Perhaps this was the "Piggyback" as well as the "Northwoods. Perhaps that was a "shift in blame" to cover the Texas plot. Considering the mob and the Cubans attitude toward Kennedy and the Military Industrial Complex's attitude in general toward Kennedy's policies at the time could lead one to think elements within were responsible and also elements within, "a war within a war" was going to abort what appeared to be a sanctioned hit on the President, which would have to be covert. Remember this was not the first time teams had been dispatched or alerted that a hit was going to be made on Kennedy. And too remember that "KEY" information as to some of the mechanics of the gathered intel by the FBI were withheld by Hoover from the Pentagon, Bobby, and JFK. Again speculation.