The Education Forum

Zack Van Landringham

John Dolva

Zack Van Landringham...

...was an administrative assistant* to J. Edgar Hoover during WWII, for 2 1/2 years. He worked for the FBI in various states for a total of 27 years, retiring in 1958 to work for the Misssissippi Sovereignty Commission as Chief of the Investigative Division.

He was born in Memphis, Tennessee in 1907, and when he was one year old his family moved to West Point, Mississippi, and "therfore, have always considered Mississippi my home state.".

He went through school at West Point, Miss. Then he went on to get BA at Miss. College in 1926. He taught school for 3 years then studied Law at ole' Miss for 2 years and received his LLB degree at George Washington University in Washington DC.

He was admitted to practice Law in the US district court and Court of Appeals in the district of Columbia. He was a member of the Bar of the State of Mississippi as well as the American Bar association.

His wife cane from Little Rock, Arkansas and he lived with her and children in Jackson, Mississippi...

edit add : *see : http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=aad9f30dfa73f2e45e9c13d343e8801d&showtopic=22106&page=45#entry315202for correction re administrative assistant and DOB

Edited by John Dolva

Hey John;

Under the assumption the question was for me, I almost missed it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Louis Roy VAN LANDINGHAM

Sex: M

Birth: 17 JUL 1899 in Lone Oak, Hunt County, Tx.

Death: 27 AUG 1994 in Dallas, Tx.

Burial: DALLAS, TX.

Marriage 1 Mabel Lillian MARKS b: 18 FEB 1901 in New Orleans, La.

Married: 17 FEB 1920 in Ft. Worth, Texas

Children

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case you may be curious, Ms. Lillian Marks is the daughter of Henry Malvern Marks, Brother to Sumter Davis Marks (Sr), which of course made her first cousin to Sumter Davis Marks (Jr.)

and the Van Landingham's are a very close family as well.

Not only that, they have a somewhat apparant aversion to government.

One can try the SSDI search for Van Landingham and see exactly how many "hits" they get.

They play a song down in the Orlando Disneyland park boatride tunnel which goes "It's a small world afterall"

"It's a small world afterall"

'Tis indeed. While my q was rhetorical (follow link to zack-FPCC link) I was certainly hoping you would notice this topic.

Zack almost certainly had met Bannister..

I wonder if he knew/of Lee??

"It's a small world afterall"

'Tis indeed. While my q was rhetorical (follow link to zack-FPCC link) I was certainly hoping you would notice this topic.

Zack almost certainly had met Bannister..

I wonder if he knew/of Lee??

From an adequate search of the MS Soverignty Files, one will be able to locate each and every aspect of the "Story" of LHO.

In fact, much of his actions are merely a "replay" of something which had previusly transpired within their files, or items of which they were engaged in.

From an adequate search of the MS Soverignty Files, one will be able to locate each and every aspect of the "Story" of LHO.

In fact, much of his actions are merely a "replay" of something which had previusly transpired within their files, or items of which they were engaged in.

Ok, Tom, I have to say this then, just in case..

Lock and load folks, let's go for gold here. If you live in the south, grab everything you can on the Mississippi Sovereignty Commisssion before the barriers go up and the smoke starts pouring.

...the games afoot...

(...just in case, go for it!)

Lock and load folks, let's go for gold here. If you live in the south, grab everything you can on the Mississippi Sovereignty Commisssion before the barriers go up and the smoke starts pouring.

...the games afoot...

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|3|1|1|1|11834|

Page 2 here has the old "guerilla warfare" book presentation bit.

...the games afoot...

Squirrel got to jump on this tree and leave a little scent there as well!

Mr. JENNER - Also, apparently--I am not certain of this--that during the summer of 1950 you served as a recreation leader of the American Friends Service Committee?

Mrs. PAINE - No; that would have been the following summer.

Mr. JENNER - That would be 1951?

Mrs. PAINE - Yes.

Mr. JENNER - And where did that take place?

Mrs. PAINE - With the American Friends Service Committee?

Mr. JENNER - Yes.

Mrs. PAINE - That was in Rapid City, S. Dak., as part of an American Friends Service Committee work camp.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|5|1|1|1|50800|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. JENNER - Did he say anything about what he did after hours, after work hours in Dallas?

Mrs. PAINE - Only the reference I have already related, of having been to the National Indignation Committee meeting

Mrs. PAINE - Adlai Stevenson, and Lee had been to a meeting of the National Indignation Committee held another night that week, and he was at our home the following Friday night and commented that he didn't like General Walker. This is the only thing I heard from him on the subject.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you have already brought up the FPCC, there is little to be served in beating that dead dog.

...the games afoot...

Squirrel got to jump on this tree and leave a little scent there as well!

Mr. JENNER - Also, apparently--I am not certain of this--that during the summer of 1950 you served as a recreation leader of the American Friends Service Committee?

Mrs. PAINE - No; that would have been the following summer.

Mr. JENNER - That would be 1951?

Mrs. PAINE - Yes.

Mr. JENNER - And where did that take place?

Mrs. PAINE - With the American Friends Service Committee?

Mr. JENNER - Yes.

Mrs. PAINE - That was in Rapid City, S. Dak., as part of an American Friends Service Committee work camp.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...|5|1|1|1|50800|

Mr. JENNER - Did he say anything about what he did after hours, after work hours in Dallas?

Mrs. PAINE - Only the reference I have already related, of having been to the National Indignation Committee meeting

Mrs. PAINE - Adlai Stevenson, and Lee had been to a meeting of the National Indignation Committee held another night that week, and he was at our home the following Friday night and commented that he didn't like General Walker. This is the only thing I heard from him on the subject.

Since you have already brought up the FPCC, there is little to be served in beating that dead dog.

Perhaps this too will be of interest.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...0|5|1|1|1|2813|

Certainly would make one want to go to Russia.

• 7 years later...

Jack Van Landingham? Funny.