The Education Forum

Angelo and Leopoldo

I know this has been debated somewhat before but I have read several books etc which often give conflicting accounts of the 'Angelo and Leopoldo' incident at Silvia Odio's. Some say that Angel and Leopoldo were Angelo Murgado and Bernardo de Torres, and that Leon was LHO in disguise. Others seem to think that Angel and Leopoldo were Lawerence Howard and Loran Hall, and that 'Leon' was Oswald double William Seymour. I really don't know which is more likely as both arguments seem to have merit, so I'm left very confused!

I guess its a bit like the three tramps - hard to prove one way or the other?

I'd be interested to know what others think on this.

Thanks

Francesca

Some say that Angel and Leopoldo were Angelo Murgado and Bernardo de Torres, and that Leon was LHO in disguise. Others seem to think that Angel and Leopoldo were Lawerence Howard and Loran Hall, and that 'Leon' was Oswald double William Seymour.

I would add the Novo brothers, Guillermo and Ignacio, to the list of candidates for Angel and Leopoldo. As for the identity of Leon, I tend to believe that Silvia Odio correctly recognized and identified Lee Harvey Oswald.

T.C.

Hi Tim

I'd forgotten about those two. Another two to add to the list then! I've just been reading The Man Who Knew Too Much and in that Nagell seem to hint at yet another person - Tony Cuesta as being one of the duo.

He never came out and said it but I think whenver Dick Russell raised the subject of the odio incident, Nagell would steer the converation to Cuesta.

Its all intriguing but hard to know for sure one way or the other!