The Education Forum

Billie Sol Estes and John F. Kennedy

John Simkin

As it turned out, someone got rid of Mac anyway, but not before he enjoyed a few more years of life.

Ya, another one of those one car "accidents" that leave you always wondering....

I wonder just how much RFK HAD learned by the time he too was assassinated.

When I met Kennedy cousin Kerry McCarthy in Dallas in 97 I asked her if the family

read on this case, especially John Jr and she told me that he did.

Poor Ted, what he must know....(And I do believe he knows a lot and can do zero).

Dawn

As it turned out, someone got rid of Mac anyway, but not before he enjoyed a few more years of life.

Ya, another one of those one car "accidents" that leave you always wondering....

I wonder just how much RFK HAD learned by the time he too was assassinated.

When I met Kennedy cousin Kerry McCarthy in Dallas in 97 I asked her if the family

read on this case, especially John Jr and she told me that he did.

Poor Ted, what he must know....(And I do believe he knows a lot and can do zero).

Dawn

Dawn, when Jackie said that they were killing Kennedys, she was dead on (pardon the pun). Sometime back, I started a post on what Ted might know and what he could do, and the response from fellow members was as you just indicated---nothing ! I do wish that he would pen a book on what he knows. He has been through a lifetime of miseries that nobody would wish on anyone. But, with some of the same people and/or their desicples still around, I'm sure he feels he must protect the family

Terry

• 9 months later...

According to Robert Caro, and other, JFK was blackmailed into selecting LBJ as his VP. Why would he not want to get rid of him?

According to Connally, JFK's primary goal in heading to Texas was raising MONEY. The BIG money funding elections came from the eastern establishment (Rockefellers, etc.), Texas, and California. The California money was earmarked for the Republicans, thanks to people like Nixon and Reagan. Only the Texas money was up for grabs. It could very well be that Kennedy wanted to get to Texas and grab that money before LBJ took a fall, a fall he knew was coming.

As I've mentioned on other threads, the November 22 Life Magazine had an article on the Baker scandal that made clear that Baker was Johnson's protege.

Good tip, thank you Pat.

I went to http://www.2neatmagazines.com/life/1963.html and glanced at summaries of Life magazine contents for a few weeks. That Baker scandal sure was heating up and then poof. Gone.

Life Magazine November 8, 1963 : Cover - Bobby Baker at a Washington masquerade party. Bobby Baker bombshell - capital buzzes over stories of misconduct in high places. Morocco and Algeria fight. Sir Alec Douglas-Home renounces his title of Lord Home and seeks a seat in Britain's House of Commons. Grand Jury investigates wild party that wrecked Southampton mansion, Fernanda Wetherill (See also September 20, 1963). Giants bounce back, football. School prayer continues as North Brookfield, Massachusetts ignores the Supreme Court. Fashions for bowling. Human body series, part 5 - chemical balances. New retirement towns. Biggest radio telescope, Puerto Rico. Jill St. John, actress with a 160 IQ. Soccer playing brothers Gogolaks.

G - $17

Life Magazine November 15, 1963 : Cover - Vietnam. Vietnam - the coup in pictures. 100 years later, the real story of the Gettysburg address, Lincoln's “Failure.” US slows down Taiwan publishing racket. Disaster at Indianapolis, explosion kills 60, Fairgrounds Coliseum. Miss Teenage America, Judy Doll. Wedding of the Cosmonauts. Physicist Maria Mayer wins the Nobel Prize. Peewee Football grows and so do the pressures. Rare white thoroughbred horse. Agnes de Mille, dancer. Yale's new rare book skyscraper inside library. Eastern Europe in photos. St. Louis ladies dress up.

VG - $20

G - $12

Life Magazine November 22, 1963 : Cover - Elizabeth Ashley, Broadway. Sheriff Tarr and convict Donald Carpenter in gunfight, both die. Babby Baker scandal grows. Northern Illinois' George Bork is best college football passer. Russia arrests Yale professor as spy, Frederick Barghoorn. Donald Hornig, new Science adviser. Masks. Negroes and whites head for a collision in the North, Part 1. The Horse Kelso, Iron Duckling. Cute full page color Black Label beer ad with Christmas theme.

VG - $20

G - $12

Life Magazine November 29, 1963 : Cover - President John F. Kennedy. 1917-1963. Assassination of J.F.K. Tarzan's paperback comeback. Fire fighters' tepee - portable emergency shelter for wildland firefighters. Record Stamp price - 3 cent Hawaiian. Anthony Newley. Lyndon Johnson - 36th president. Negro in the North Part 2.

G - $35

Life Magazine December 6, 1963 : Cover - JFK funeral - Jackie with children. Terror in a jetliner by Carol Miller. Schippers handsome maestro. Return of the Dinosaurs. Mink-lined bathrobe. Surgeon's dream operating room at National Institutes of health at Bethesda Maryland - electronic monitors and more. James Edward Roos writes from behind bars - convicted murderer writes novel. Ossie and Ruby Davis. Brenda Frazier's ordeal.

VG - $40

G - $30

F (Generally VG, but cover loose from staples) - $14

F (Generally G, but has some water marking on front cover in black and on back cover) - $7

Life Magazine December 13, 1963 : Cover - Lyndon Johnson in the White House. Lyndon Johnson photo gallery. Johnson gathers his cabinet by John L. Steele. Iceland island of Heimay formed by a volcano. Anti-sub rocket fired from a submarine. In Aden - the Arabian Oryx makes a comeback. The crown of Toledo Cathedral - photos by Dmitri Kessel. Remebering the Diligentis - quintuplets grow up. Oppenheimer and Teller and the Fermi award. George Abbott and lots of stars collect for his 50th anniversary photos.

VG - $20

G - $12

Life Magazine December 14, 1963 : JFK Special Issue - 1963 : John F. Kennedy Memorial edition. Including his biography and his most enduring words. Lots of photos.

Out of Stock - Life magazines wish list