The Education Forum

"The Godfather"

The first part of the movie one and two are rather boring. Hard to get into but once interested

then it get's good. Now as far as Godfatehr III Well it is the best out of the group.

What I am told is that it is based on real story.

IF that is the case than why is it that I never heard of the attack in New Jersey and that kind

of a killing?

Is there something behind that and or another cover up on that story?

I do know that in the third part there is some facts for certain real.

Anyone know anything they wish to add to what is with it of this movie film into the reality of it?

BLASPHEMY!!! :rolleyes:

Godfather 1 and 2 are American cinematic classics.

As for the facts in Part III- the attack in New Jersey was not one of them- the plot about the Vatican and the banking scandal was based on the Michael Sindona scandla with the P2 Masonic lodge, the Vatican bank, and the Sicilian Mafia. Liek the guy in GFIII Michhael Sindona was found hanging from a brdige in London.

The first part of the movie one and two are rather boring. Hard to get into but once interested

then it get's good. Now as far as Godfatehr III Well it is the best out of the group.

What I am told is that it is based on real story.

IF that is the case than why is it that I never heard of the attack in New Jersey and that kind

of a killing?

Is there something behind that and or another cover up on that story?

I do know that in the third part there is some facts for certain real.

Anyone know anything they wish to add to what is with it of this movie film into the reality of it?

Nancy,

My favorite of the trilogy is #2. The character of Hyman Roth, chillingly portrayed by Lee Strasberg, is based on Meyer Lansky. The latter half is set a few years after Godfather #1, with the Cuban Revolution and the removal of OC interests in that country as a backdrop.

In Godfather #1, the character of Moe Greene, played by Alex Rocco, is based on Bugsy Seigel--almost down to the last detail. Like Seigel, Moe Greene also gets shot through the eye.

IMDb currently rates Godfather #1 as the greatest movie of all time with Godfather #2 close behind, rated #3. Great reviews, trivia, profiles etc are available on that site. See link below:

http://university.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/

Edited by Mark Stapleton

I know that it is a classic film and deep and sometimes hard for me to understand.

I will get back to my friend on what you have said. That is also what my friend said about Seigel.

What we mostly talked about though was about Godfather III. One true fact in the film is that a pope was new and lived a short life and then died. Also, into reality is the fact that many feel that Pope was killed even by many priests who will not utter it out into the open. The way the film does that is like a connection? That puts one to think is this more than film doings or suggestion of reality behind another major hush?

I am not sure to go into the open with that point or not? Maybe not such a good idea.

Also just perhaps the attack was shown as a slaughter in New Jerser with some other hidden meanings behind it?

I am agian am not sure about any of that. By the set timings of what they seemed to MAKE sure of was that they let a car alarm go off in the background. As if to suggest the certain time. MORE TO TODAY not into the 70's but later on into the mid to upper 80's of timing of that supposed attack onto the Mafia members. Also a hint of one actor to be playing the role of Merv Griffin, if I am correct.