The Education Forum

Why we Fight for the truth

As researcher's we all need time occassionally to reflect on why we still seek the truth. I wanted to post a few comments as inspiration for those individuals.

Political history is far too criminal a subject to be a fit thing to teach children.

-- W. H. Auden, 1907-1973

" The men who possess real power in this country have no intention of ending the cold war."

-- Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

"Laurel and Hardy, that's John and Yoko. And we stand a better chance under that guise because all the serious people like Martin Luther King and Kennedy and Gandhi got shot."

-- John Lennon

Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney of Georgia

"And despite what the revisionists would have us believe about him, JFK rejected war against a smaller, weaker, poorer country, began to work for détente with the Soviets, and threatened to "scatter the CIA to the four winds." Now, that was leadership for a new generation. And at that time, we had a choice; but Kennedy correctly pointed out that what we really wanted was not a Pax Americana imposed with American weapons of war; not even a peace for our time; but, instead a peace for all time.

"Snipers' bullets took that America away from us. And almost in rapid succession, bullets took Martin King and Bobby Kennedy from us, too. It came to my attention during my last days in Congress that Bobby was considering King for his running mate. Now, imagine the America we might have had. But when confronted with evil back then, what did we do?

Oliver Stone, from a Psychology Today interview.

"I think when you kill presidents--when you kill Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy and you get away with it; when you have J. Edgar Hoover in office for 50 years and he's a raging madman who prosecutes anyone who he sees as subversive to his way of American life; when you have Lyndon Johnson as president; when you have wars in Vietnam that are genocides; when you create a Cold War mentality that breeds defense-minded expenditures of the sums that we had--then there is a corruption that follows.

The fabric of society is warped. It has been increasingly warped since World War II and we've locked into it and now we're paying for it. We're paying for it morally and spiritually and economically. Cause and effect. It had to happen. We did not throw the money into the cities, into architectural or spiritual wealth. For this country these things are lacking now."

Mike Ruppert

"ask yourself what you believe about the existence of democracy in this country and what you believe about the fate of ANY Presidential candidate not sanctioned by the powers that be before the "race" is run."

We are in the last lap in determining the full story of what happened on November 22, 1963. I believe personally that ALL the things currently taking place in America (which also happens to include, ALL THE NEWS THATS (NOT FIT) TO PRINT, is linked to that day, in a manner which is verifiable, if you 'know the history.

Thought(s) For the Day: Whether you think you can, or can't - your right.

Some people see things as they are and say why, I dream things that never were and say, Why Not.

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Stephen Turner

Fascism is not in itself a new order of society, it is the future refusing to be born. ANEURIN BEVIN.

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion. JP GEOBBELS.

What luck for the rulers, that men do not think. ADOLF HITLER.

Unless we remain vigilant fascism isnt our history, its our future. ME....

"......I'm afraid fascism will come to America in the name of national security"

Jim Garrison, (Playboy interview 1967)

Dawn

"......I'm afraid fascism will come to America in the name of national security"

Jim Garrison, (Playboy interview 1967)

Dawn

Dawn, the above quote, out of all the statements Jim, made is the one I remember him by. The only person to ever make a criminal indictment of an individual in the JFK Assassination. I was too young to realize what was going on in New Orleans circa 1967-1971, but my interest, which was already stoked sheerly by the fact that I was old enough to remember the weekend of November 22-24 1963, accelerated tremendously by the mid 1970's. Now, in the year 2006 especially after joining the Forum, I am convinced that he was on the right track. The hidden history of the United States, (which is not so hidden to members of the research community, obviously including our Forum;) can be summed up in what I believe are two particular areas,

1. The article written in the New York Times just weeks before the assassination, which stated that the CIA was not acting in a manner of a subordinate part of the US Government, revealed a dynamic to those who were paying attention that was 'old news' to those in the Kennedy Administration. In addition, it can be argued that Allen Dulles CIA, was in many way's just that. Reinhard Gehlen's German intelligence capability was incorporated into the CIA apparatus, and brought with it a whole 'cast of characters' with Nazi and Fascist ideologies, my own view is that Dulles was not as 'removed from the CIA as JFK would have liked to think he was' in the aftermath of his firing.

2. The fact that in the post-war era, beginning in 1945 US Government began to realize that the State Department, as well as other areas were ostensibly filled with Communist spies, (while McCarthy was a demagogue and a person whom history has borne out as leaving a little to be desired as far as character and personal integrity were concerned) the charges were indeed true, how true is still a controversial issue, to many.This era was followed by the worldwide advent of not only a more sophisticated version of

geo-politics, but increasing power in the realm of Non-Governmental Organizations a/k/a NGO's, this development in my mind may be the single most significant development in the political apparatus, that recieved virtually no coverage by mainstream media.

Continuing, I believe that in the 1960's, in large part due to the assassination's, what David Wise called the invisible government, in other areas as well, began building on what ostensibly had been the systematic destruction of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, which reached something of a peak with the defeat of George McGovern in 1972. Since then I submit, that the concept expanded into destroying the Democratic Party in absolute terms, (or at least in discrediting it on a massive basis, not unlike what the FBI and CIA were doing in 1962-65 to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee; the salient point of this is the fact that the machinations of Operation Mockingbird morphed into a significantly 'more streamlined process.' The dismantling of the 'Fairness in Media Act' has had only one beneficiary in the American political landscape. What can a person say against the 'status quo' when a swarming horde of angry voice's of the 'establishment media' descend on anyone and anything that does not accentuate the rhetoric of the various Projects for the New American Century?

Jim Garrison was perhaps the first voice in the American political landscape to 'notice the devil in the details' of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

When the assassination is solved, inasmuch as that is possible, and I believe simultaneously will come the understanding of the 'actual political transformation' that took place in what is known as 'real time'.

Edited by Robert Howard