The Education Forum

Different John Geraghty

I just came accross someone on Webermans website called John Geraghty! Anybody know this guy, it says he was a freelance journalist.

On June 6, 1966, Robert Maheu told Director of Assistant Deputy Director of Security, (IOS) James P. O'Connell, that he got "the impression from Morgan, who is still dealing with the Saint Louis attorney, a personal friend of Senator Long, that the Committee has done some additional checking, and earlier information regarding Maheu's activities may not be as solid as earlier believed. I next asked Robert Maheu if Bernard Fensterwald had actually identified Sam Giancana, Onassis, Niarchus etc. by name as he had previously indicated to Colonel Sheffield Edwards and myself. He replied in the affirmative, and speculated that this convinced him someone has been 'talking.' He conjectured that several people knew about the bug on Onassis's New York office, including Taggart who, to date, has not contacted him. (Deleted) former CIA employee, and a John Geraghty (phonetic), a free lance newspaperman who was employed by him at the time

AGENCY : CIA

RECORD NUMBER : 104-10122-10321

RECORDS SERIES : JFK

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 80T01357A

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CIA

TO : DIR/OS, CIA

TITLE : MAHEU, ROBERT A. [sENATE INVESTIGATION OF MAHEU].

DATE : 06/07/1966

PAGES : 2

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER - TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : DUBOIS, EDWARD; EDWARDS, SHEFFI; FENSTERWALD, B;

GERAGHTY, JOHN; GIANCANA, SAM; LONG, EDWARD V.; MAHEU,

ROBERT; MORGAN, EDWARD; NIARCHUS, STAVR; ONASSIS,

ARISTO; TAGGART, RAYMON

CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 03/25/1994

COMMENTS : JFK44 : F2 : 1994.03.25.14:41:53:310007 :

Hard to imagine Weberman would have got all that detail from this 2 pager...

Guest Stephen Turner

Hmm, multiple Oswalds, and now two John Geraghty's, please tell me you dont own a Mannlicher Carcano John. :lol: