The Education Forum

How many rifles?

I have just read an article about the first rifle that was found just after the assassination, it was found on the roof of the TSBD and handed down the fire escape to ground level and then anounced that it was a "Mauser" and it was also supposed to have been broadcast on the DPD communications and then when the Manlicher-Carcano was suddenly found the first one was covered and statements made that the first anouncement was in error.

This was in Robert Groden's "The Killing of the President" can anyone either verify or squash this?

I find little oversights like this very interesting, Thanks, Scott B)

Scott - Could I ask a favor of you? If you have a copy of Grodin's "KOTP" - could you possibly scan and post a photo which I believe is contained within it? It is the one which shows the individual at the far left who resembles GHWBush. It shows the crowded area of the TSBD steps in the aftermath of the killing - with motorcycle cop standing next to his machine in the foreground... thanks, either way.

By the way, I just read in a front page of the Panama City paper at the website link in the brand new thread "JFK Assassination Archive" which was published in the tumult of that time - that the weapon found was a ".25 Japanese made" rifle. A new one on me...

Edited by JL Allen

Scott - Could I ask a favor of you? If you have a copy of Grodin's "KOTP" - could you possibly scan and post a photo which I believe is contained within it? It is the one which shows the individual at the far left who resembles GHWBush. It shows the crowded area of the TSBD steps in the aftermath of the killing - with motorcycle cop standing next to his machine in the foreground... thanks, either way.

By the way, I just read in a front page of the Panama City paper at the website link in the brand new thread "JFK Assassination Archive" which was published in the tumult of that time - that the weapon found was a ".25 Japanese made" rifle. A new one on me...

I can scan it but I have also found it online at http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/5452.jpg it is the same picture that you are looking for, Good Luck, Scott