The Education Forum

The Real Page One and the Weekend From Hell

As most Forum members, I would hope agree. news emanating from Washington these day's is like reading a sample page from Orwell's 1984.

I cite the following.

"63 percent of Americans said they found the NSA program to be an acceptable way to investigate terrorism, including 44 percent who strongly endorsed the effort. Another 35 percent said the program was unacceptable, which included 24 percent who strongly objected to it.

A slightly larger majority--66 percent--said they would not be bothered if NSA collected records of personal calls they had made, the poll found."

There is quite a dearth of evidence to suggest the integrity of the poll is at best 'problematic.'

Buried on the ostensible page 6 of America's collective media today was the following:

'US Want's suit against AT& T 'Thrown Out'

The Justice Dept. on Saturday asked a federal judge to throw out an eavesdropping suit against AT & T Corp., citing possible damage from the litigation to national security.Officials wrote that the lawsuit by AT & T customers would bring up matters 'too sensitive for public discussion.' (quotation mark's mine R.H.)

The 34 page filing was bolstered by statements from Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte and from Lt. General Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency.

Verizon Communications Inc. also faced a lawsuit that claims the phone carrier violated privacy laws by giving phone records to the NSA. The lawsuit filed Friday in Manhattan seeks $ 1,000 for each violation of the Telecommunications Act, or $5 Billion if the case is certified as class action.

Bush: 'American's privacy not violated.'

Pres. Bush defended the scope of the government's domestic surveillance programs that have riled privacy advocates and threatened to impede the Senate Confirmation of Mr. Bush's new pick to lead the CIA. "The privacy of all American's is fiercely protected in all our activities," Mr. Bush said Saturdayin his weekly radio address.

As one 'thinking American' to other's. I have a suggestion. If you have never picked up a phone or sent a telegram to your 'elected Representative's in Washington,.' concerning the above, you might want to start.

'Fasten yourselves in it's going to be a bumpy summer.'

Edited by Robert Howard

I found this article usefull in suplementing what the corporate articles said about the spy program. Very intereting. Im sure no Democrat will try to play the prosecutor, against Bush, so we will be left with two parties playing defense lawyer. The last time a democrat said anything critical about the our new monarchy he was savagely attacked-- by members of his own party rampagining in an effort to show how "moderate" they were.

http://www.guerrillanews.com/articles/2276...ies_Who_Shag_Us

I found this article usefull in suplementing what the corporate articles said about the spy program. Very intereting. Im sure no Democrat will try to play the prosecutor, against Bush, so we will be left with two parties playing defense lawyer. The last time a democrat said anything critical about the our new monarchy he was savagely attacked-- by members of his own party rampagining in an effort to show how "moderate" they were.

Definitely worth a read ...........

Guest Stephen Turner

Definitely worth a read ...........

I believe the phrase is Spine chilling, and as some one once said, "when Washington sneeze's, London catches a cold" Sad to see the love affair between Condi and Jack Straw brought to such an abrupt end ;)

Thank you for posting that. Greg Palast is one of those who I have tried to persuade to join our Forum.

Another example of the privitization of the intelligence services.