The Education Forum

Chaney Transcript?

In my research I've seen numerous references to an interview of Motorcycle officer James Chaney on the day of the assassination conducted by Bill Lord of WFAA. And yet I've never seen the transcript. If anyone can post the transcript, or a link where I can find one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Stephen Turner
In my research I've seen numerous references to an interview of Motorcycle officer James Chaney on the day of the assassination conducted by Bill Lord of WFAA. And yet I've never seen the transcript. If anyone can post the transcript, or a link where I can find one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pat..

From Vince Palamara's Network anomolies (also credit Dealy Plaza UK)

DPD outrider James Chaney, in an interview with Bill Lord, Chaney explained that he was "Riding on the right rear fender" of JFK's Limo during the shootingand that the President was "Struck in the face by the SECOND shot" Lord ended the interview by telling the audience that "Chaney was so close his uniform was splattered with the Presidents blood"try this, plenty more besides.

Pat..

From Vince Palamara's Network anomolies (also credit Dealy Plaza UK)

DPD outrider James Chaney, in an interview with Bill Lord, Chaney explained that he was "Riding on the right rear fender" of JFK's Limo during the shootingand that the President was "Struck in the face by the SECOND shot" Lord ended the interview by telling the audience that "Chaney was so close his uniform was splattered with the Presidents blood"try this, plenty more besides.

Thanks, Stephen. I've seen Palamara's reference, and Josiah Thompson's. And there's a fairly good summary of the interview on Wikipedia. But no transcript. One of the reasons I feel the sudden need for the transcript is that some quote "struck in the face by the second shot," some "struck in the face" by the second shot (with by the second shot not in quotes), and some "hit in the face." It occurred to me that maybe his words have been taken out of context. As you know, Chaney's a big mystery man. He was the closest witness to the assassination from behind and to the right of Kennedy, and he had a conversation with Ruby the next day. And yet NO FBI interview. NO Warren Commission testimony. And I think I know why. As a rifle shot after the head shot would indicate more than one shooter--I mean, who keeps shooting after witnessing a man's head explode--the FBI and WC were careful to try and hide all such references.

Pat,

[ And yet NO FBI interview.

Here's a copy of a 1975 FBI interview with Chaney.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...65&relPageId=10

Nothing about being hit in the face.

Their November 26, 1963 interview with Chaney revolved around him seeing Ruby in Dealey Plaza the day after the assassination (CE 2324)

Steve Thomas

Pat,

[ And yet NO FBI interview.

Here's a copy of a 1975 FBI interview with Chaney.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...65&relPageId=10

Nothing about being hit in the face.

Their November 26, 1963 interview with Chaney revolved around him seeing Ruby in Dealey Plaza the day after the assassination (CE 2324)

Steve Thomas

Thanks, Steve. I'm just getting in the habit of checking the Ferrell site. The history-matters site has been down for days. Does anyone know what's up or should I e-mail Rex and find out?

Edited by Pat Speer