The Education Forum

Relman Morin and "undoctored" Moorman

Is anyone familiar with the book on the assassination by Relman Morin of the Associated Press, published in 1968? According to the following story, it contains an “undoctored” version of Moorman’s photo, showing “a white triangular explosion coming from the front of Kennedy's head with a trajectory leading to the grassy knoll.”

Jack White, have you heard of this one?

Local man advances theory on JFK assassination

Dennis Darovich says 'the physical evidence (of photos) speaks for itself'

By Troy Laack

Sheboygan Press staff

For 30 years, Dennis Darovich of Sheboygan has been fascinated with the conspiracy theory surrounding the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Darovich, 51, a commercial insurance salesman, showed a rarely seen photograph of the assassination to about 30 members of the Sheboygan Falls Kiwanis Club during a luncheon Tuesday at Richard's of Sheboygan Falls.

"It's an undoctored photograph of the Mary Moorman photograph and the one that was released to the public was doctored," Darovich said. "What it basically does is confirm a shot from the front."

Moorman's famous photograph shows Kennedy as he was shot Nov. 22, 1963, when his motorcade went through Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

"I call it the most important picture of the 20th century," Darovich said.

Kiwanis member Greg Monson of Sheboygan Falls said he thought Darovich's presentation was fascinating.

"It does bring up questions, I guess, in your mind as to what really did happen and what the motives for everything were," said Monson, 44.

Kiwanis member Chris Tempas of Sheboygan Falls said Darovich brought to light some things she didn't know.

"I'm not sure that I believe the Warren Commission and all of the things that we were given and this just offered some maybe alternatives and maybe the truth," said Tempas, 59.

The Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in shooting the president from behind the motorcade, from the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository Building. Kennedy's autopsy concluded that the 6.5 mm round fired from an Italian Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action rifle created a small entry wound in the back of Kennedy's head and a large exit wound on the right, front portion of his head.

Sheboygan Falls Police Chief Steve Riffel, who listened to Darovich's presentation, said he's "neutral" regarding the Warren report and the conspiracy theory. A 6.5 mm bullet is a large military round, he said.

"They do kind of go out bigger than on the entrance wound," said Riffel, who also is in the Kiwanis Club.

Still, conspiracy theorists believe that another gunman shot at Kennedy from a grassy knoll in front of the motorcade and the larger wound on the front of his head was where the bullet entered.

Moorman's "undoctored" photograph shows a white triangular explosion coming from the front of Kennedy's head with a trajectory leading to the grassy knoll, Darovich said. "Doctored" copies of the photograph don't show the white triangular explosion, he said.

Darovich found his version of the Moorman photograph in Relman Morin's book, "Assassination: The Death of President John F. Kennedy." Morin is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who covered the assassination for The Associated Press.

"What I really involve myself with is the physical evidence," Darovich said. "The physical evidence speaks for itself."

Kiwanis member John Hirsch of Sheboygan Falls said everyone has theories about Kennedy's assassination.

"I think the deed is done and we're still recovering from it," said Hirsch, 67. "Those of us who were around at that time will always think of that day as the blackest day that ever occurred."

Kiwanis member Chris Audino of Sheboygan Falls thought Darovich's presentation was enlightening.

"I've never really heard any of the controversial evidence regarding the assassination," said Audino, 43. "It's something I might want to look into more."

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.d.../605250559/1973

Edited by Ron Ecker

Is anyone familiar with the book on the assassination by Relman Morin of the Associated Press, published in 1968? According to the following story, it contains an “undoctored” version of Moorman’s photo, showing “a white triangular explosion coming from the front of Kennedy's head with a trajectory leading to the grassy knoll.”

Jack White, have you heard of this one?

Local man advances theory on JFK assassination

Dennis Darovich says 'the physical evidence (of photos) speaks for itself'

By Troy Laack

Sheboygan Press staff

For 30 years, Dennis Darovich of Sheboygan has been fascinated with the conspiracy theory surrounding the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Darovich, 51, a commercial insurance salesman, showed a rarely seen photograph of the assassination to about 30 members of the Sheboygan Falls Kiwanis Club during a luncheon Tuesday at Richard's of Sheboygan Falls.

"It's an undoctored photograph of the Mary Moorman photograph and the one that was released to the public was doctored," Darovich said. "What it basically does is confirm a shot from the front."

Moorman's famous photograph shows Kennedy as he was shot Nov. 22, 1963, when his motorcade went through Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

"I call it the most important picture of the 20th century," Darovich said.

Kiwanis member Greg Monson of Sheboygan Falls said he thought Darovich's presentation was fascinating.

"It does bring up questions, I guess, in your mind as to what really did happen and what the motives for everything were," said Monson, 44.

Kiwanis member Chris Tempas of Sheboygan Falls said Darovich brought to light some things she didn't know.

"I'm not sure that I believe the Warren Commission and all of the things that we were given and this just offered some maybe alternatives and maybe the truth," said Tempas, 59.

The Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in shooting the president from behind the motorcade, from the sixth floor of the Schoolbook Depository Building. Kennedy's autopsy concluded that the 6.5 mm round fired from an Italian Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action rifle created a small entry wound in the back of Kennedy's head and a large exit wound on the right, front portion of his head.

Sheboygan Falls Police Chief Steve Riffel, who listened to Darovich's presentation, said he's "neutral" regarding the Warren report and the conspiracy theory. A 6.5 mm bullet is a large military round, he said.

"They do kind of go out bigger than on the entrance wound," said Riffel, who also is in the Kiwanis Club.

Still, conspiracy theorists believe that another gunman shot at Kennedy from a grassy knoll in front of the motorcade and the larger wound on the front of his head was where the bullet entered.

Moorman's "undoctored" photograph shows a white triangular explosion coming from the front of Kennedy's head with a trajectory leading to the grassy knoll, Darovich said. "Doctored" copies of the photograph don't show the white triangular explosion, he said.

Darovich found his version of the Moorman photograph in Relman Morin's book, "Assassination: The Death of President John F. Kennedy." Morin is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who covered the assassination for The Associated Press.

"What I really involve myself with is the physical evidence," Darovich said. "The physical evidence speaks for itself."

Kiwanis member John Hirsch of Sheboygan Falls said everyone has theories about Kennedy's assassination.

"I think the deed is done and we're still recovering from it," said Hirsch, 67. "Those of us who were around at that time will always think of that day as the blackest day that ever occurred."

Kiwanis member Chris Audino of Sheboygan Falls thought Darovich's presentation was enlightening.

"I've never really heard any of the controversial evidence regarding the assassination," said Audino, 43. "It's something I might want to look into more."

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.d.../605250559/1973

I have never heard of this. Fascinating if true. From all I know, it would

be difficult for such a copy to exist, since copies were made that afternoon.

However, I would not rule anything out. Needs looking into.

He may have a copy which was retouched by someone. There are some

wierd ones floating around.

Jack

ps...a google search shows he won a PULITZER PRIZE for photography in 1958!

Edited by Jack White

From Gary Mack:

"What a worthless theory! The "explosion" is in the REPRODUCTION of the

photo, which Morin's book credited to AP/Wide World. The AP is, in fact,

the source of the picture for their version includes Zapruder on the

pedestal. UPI copies of the Moorman original do not.

"I examined that AP/Wide World first generation negative of the camera

original Moorman Polaroid many, many years ago and there is no such "white

triangular explosion" on it or any copy of Moorman I have seen. Nor is

there any such image on the original Polaroid, which I have had access to

for over twenty years.

"The Moorman photo in Morin's book is nothing more than a picture with a flaw

on his print only, not on the original or any other known copy."

From Gary Mack:

"What a worthless theory! The "explosion" is in the REPRODUCTION of the

photo, which Morin's book credited to AP/Wide World. The AP is, in fact,

the source of the picture for their version includes Zapruder on the

pedestal. UPI copies of the Moorman original do not.

"I examined that AP/Wide World first generation negative of the camera

original Moorman Polaroid many, many years ago and there is no such "white

triangular explosion" on it or any copy of Moorman I have seen. Nor is

there any such image on the original Polaroid, which I have had access to

for over twenty years.

"The Moorman photo in Morin's book is nothing more than a picture with a flaw

on his print only, not on the original or any other known copy."

Nevertheless, brain and skull material were scattered fore and aft, and the

Nix, Zapruder and other films never capture these "white triangular" images,

so it is germane to look for them in alternate versions.

I know I saw white "skull" material in NIX, but it was probably only Jackie's white glove.

The skull fragment that blew back onto the hood and was visually tracked and captured

is not anywhere in NIX or ZAP COMICS ZAPRUDER (But should be).....