The Education Forum

Snipernet & SystemDoctor

Terry,

IE is Internet Explorer, the Web browser that comes with Windows.

Firefox is a Web browser that can be downloaded free, and IMO is a better browser.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Ron

I received several trojans and a few pop up viruses trying to attach to my computer at work while viewing the JFK Debate site. This happened for around 4 days straight at from June 10th on. Luckily, the viruses were repelled or "quarantined" by my virus protection. But I started to wonder why would someone post viruses on the site.

I had the same problem and had to re-instal Norton firewall. It tied my computer up almost a day.

I think there are nasty people out there who would like nothig better than see this place crash and burn.

But John has great protection and we have rather good firewalls as well.

Dawn

Was it a student, or someone else? Did someone want to discourage us from sharing information on the JFK Assassination? Aww-- that's paranoid thinking.

-- Bill Grote

;)

If I remember correctly this was an attack from Russia...might be wrong about that...but this place was not the only one hit. I read a news article in the same time frame that a section of a Circuit City forum devoted to home theater got hit with the same attack. It happened do to a hole in the forum software that was exploited, and the CC forum has the same software as this one.

So unless home theather is somehow connected to JFK, the only thing I see going on is some bad people wanting to infect as many computers as possibe with adware.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry,

Firefox is a Web browser that can be downloaded free, and IMO is a better browser.

Ron

I received several trojans and a few pop up viruses trying to attach to my computer at work while viewing the JFK Debate site. This happened for around 4 days straight at from June 10th on. Luckily, the viruses were repelled or "quarantined" by my virus protection. But I started to wonder why would someone post viruses on the site.

I had the same problem and had to re-instal Norton firewall. It tied my computer up almost a day.

I think there are nasty people out there who would like nothig better than see this place crash and burn.

Dawn

Was it a student, or someone else? Did someone want to discourage us from sharing information on the JFK Assassination? Aww-- that's paranoid thinking.

-- Bill Grote

:blink:

If I remember correctly this was an attack from Russia...might be wrong about that...but this place was not the only one hit. I read a news article in the same time frame that a section of a Circuit City forum devoted to home theater got hit with the same attack. It happened do to a hole in the forum software that was exploited, and the CC forum has the same software as this one.

So unless home theather is somehow connected to JFK, the only thing I see going on is some bad people wanting to infect as many computers as possibe with adware.

So from this information we can deduct that Russians, seeking revenge for Kennedy's assasination, are spreading capitalism in the form of adware viruses. Naaaw! THAT is an enigma wraped within an enigma.

Wait a minute!

-- Bill

Terry,

Ron

Dawn

-- Bill Grote

:blink:

So from this information we can deduct that Russians, seeking revenge for Kennedy's assasination, are spreading capitalism in the form of adware viruses. Naaaw! THAT is an enigma wraped within an enigma.

Wait a minute!

-- Bill

Now thats funny!

Terry,

Ron

"Firefox is a Web browser that can be downloaded free, and IMO is a better browser."

Absolutely, Ron! After downloading it the other night, it did seem to capture most of my "Favorites" Explorer bookmarks, except for the Ed Forum. I was using Explorer to access the forum earlier today and my computer was lagging and really slow on the draw. I went into Windows Explorer, cleaned out all the TMP files, clicked on Foxfire, plugged in www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk, and there it was, clean and fast. I bookmarked it straight away! And, it does render the pages a whole lot better, just like Francesca said.

Although, I did click on the little arrow between the back and forward buttons like Mark had done, and this is what was in the window that dropped down:

Snipernet & SystemDoctor - The Education Forum

Please stand by...

The Education Forum-> JFK Assassination Debate

The Education Forum-> JFK Assassination Debate

The Assassination of John F. Kennedy

Spartacus Educational - Home Page

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk - Google Search

Mozilla Foxfire Start Page

But, I didn't get any pop-ups that I'm aware of. And, the speed with which this browser moves sure makes up for the "spying," I suppose. But, if it's happening with both Explorer and Firefox, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it?

Thanks again for your input, folks.

Ter

Edited by Terry Mauro