The Education Forum

An Open Letter to Douglas Caddy and Alfred Baldwin

Dear Mr. Caddy and Mr. Baldwin,

I write without a great deal of hope in my heart that the following open letter will be received as sincere and genuine. I realize fully that my reputation for satire, sarcasm, and rhetorical gut punches precedes me, and that you each have ample cause to feel the reputation is fully deserved.

I am vividly aware of the virtual state of rhetorical and intellectual war that exists between us. That's why I am posting this open letter in a public forum: so that all who pass here can judge for themselves my sincerity and good faith in this effort, or lack thereof.

I sincerely believe, from every indication that I have available to me, that here on the 13th day of July in the Year of Our Lord 2006, we have crossed the Rubicon on Watergate. So many key components of what the world has known as "Watergate" already have been stripped completely away as being the thinest veneer of lies and willful fraud covering up greater and more heinous acts, and there are many more exposures to come. Some are being made elsewhere by others as I write this letter to you. Some will continue to be made by me as long as I have a place to speak. But they will continue to come unabated, and no force or agency in this world will be able to stop them. That was guaranteed before I ever wrote a syllable here.

As I have written here in this forum on a considerable number of occasions now, attended by copious documentation with which I have had the good fortune to be supplied, it is my personal belief, on the facts, that these underlying acts rise to the level of Treason against the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States during time of war, and against the people of the United States. I am not alone in this view.

If such crimes were committed, as appears to be the case, there is no statute of limitations, and the penalties are grim indeed, as you must be aware.

To what, if any, degree either or both of you might have been caught up in the planning and execution of any such acts, only you can know in your own heart and conscience. I do not know, do not claim to know, and have no means of knowing. I have only the evidence of testimony, and when fully inspected and compared, and weighed in the Ponderous Scales, the evidence, in my estimation, is grave indeed.

If either or both of you have, by any means, become a party to any such acts, you, and you alone, in your conscience and hearts, know how you became involved, and what motives or forces or duress might have been at play.

And the only purpose of this letter is to make the only appeal I can make to you, one based on good sense, or, failing that, even self-preservation.

In making this appeal to you, I state in the most open, bared, artless, earnest, guileless words that will serve me that I harbor not the smallest desire for harm or severity of consequence to either of you. However difficult this might be for you to believe, given tactics I have used attempting to get at the truth, there is no moment in which I have wished either of you personal ill will.

And my sincere appeal is simply this:

I appeal to you to recognize that the game is up. I submit to you that a time comes in the affairs and interactions of men when fires of ideology must be extinguished before they consume the firebearer.

I appeal to you to search your soul to its core for your own integrity and wholeness and basic goodness, and if, by any means, you have been duped or led or falsely persuaded or forced into conpiriatorial acts against your fundamental values, that you find any means—any means—available to you to unburden yourself completely of any complicity.

So fervent is my appeal that I go so far as to propose in all sincerity that if at any time any complicit party was blackmailed into cooperation, that any and all crimes or sins used against that person for such seditious purposes—without exception, without specificity, without exclusion—be made the subject of irrevocable amnesty, immunity, and forgiveness so that the greater harm and the guilty instigators can be held to just account.

However strange it may seem, it is my opinion, in writing this appeal, that if what I believe to be true is true, then just such a public forum as this may be the best guarantee of sanctuary from harm, for with public exposure of any and all forces, agencies, or persons who might have induced or enforced your participation in any wrongful acts, for them then to cause you harm would be the most damning act of self-incrimination and admission of guilt, while compounding their felony.

That is not to say that any such exposure by you would provide any certain immunity from or amelioration of any possible legal consequences. It hardly needs to be said that I have no standing in any such question.

But with the only means at my disposal, I yet make this fervent appeal to you, and can only state that given the monstrous scope and nature of what is laid before us all in these burdensome and troubling matters, that any honest and full admission of complicity by any given party could only go far, far, far indeed in possible amelioration of law, and certainly in charity and forgiveness by mankind and history.

This is all I have to say to you on this. It is all I can say. I say it with more sincerity than perhaps anything I have ever written.

And whatever course you choose to take from this moment forward, it is by your hand and determinism alone. This moment is the only moment of moment. You steer your own course from here into whatever future is made.

But know with certainty that the revelations and exposures of matters surrounding Watergate are going to continue to come, and are going to come in increasing volume and intensity, like a still-rising tsunami, and no more subject than that to being stopped or even impeded.

In all that is to come I sincerely wish for you no harm.

But in these rising tides, each of you, alone, steers your own course.

Ashton Gray

As I have written here in this forum on a considerable number of occasions now, attended by copious documentation with which I have had the good fortune to be supplied, it is my personal belief, on the facts, that these underlying acts rise to the level of Treason against the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States during time of war, and against the people of the United States. I am not alone in this view.

Ashton Gray

Leaving aside the highly controversial question of whether the U.S. was legally at war and, even if was, whether the acts allegedly perpetrated by those you suspect were designed to, and did in fact give aid and comfort to the enemy, Article 3 of the Constitution makes prosecuting treason a difficult undertaking.

Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution provides that "No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

Ashton Gray

Leaving aside the highly controversial question of whether the U.S. was legally at war and, even if was, whether the acts allegedly perpetrated by those you suspect were designed to, and did in fact give aid and comfort to the enemy, Article 3 of the Constitution makes prosecuting treason a difficult undertaking.

Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution provides that "No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

Mr Carroll:

Is replying for Attorney Caddy a full time job for you now? Just curious.

Dawn

Mr Carroll:

Is replying for Attorney Caddy a full time job for you now? Just curious.

Dawn

Just to satisfy Ms. Meredith's curiosity, anything I post is on my own behalf, even if it may occasionally (and entirely incidentally) redound to the benefit of someone else. The particular post that Ms. Meredith is querying is clearly not on Mr. Caddy's behalf. It deals with the crime of Treason, and to my knowledge no one has ever produced the slightest speck of evidence that Mr. Caddy ever even considered -- or would even be capable of considering -- betraying his country.

I am assuming that Ms. Meredith is not herself accusing Douglas Caddy of Trason, so I am at a loss to imagine how Ms. Meredith could possibly interpret my last post as a reply on behalf of Mr. Caddy.