The Education Forum

DPD 22/11/63

James,

James,

So who is the guy in the second attachment do you know?

James

Not positive, but is that Borchardt?

Steve Thomas

Scratch that.

According to Richard Sims, "Mr. SIMS. Yes, sir. Richard Walter Borchgardt, he is 23 years of age, 5' 9", 161 pounds, blue eyes, blond hair, and ruddy complexion.

Ellis Carl Brazel [spelling] B-r-a-z-e-1, he"s 22 years of age, 5' 10", 169 pounds.

Mr. STERN. This information was obtained from police records?

Mr. SIMS. Yes, sir. He has green eyes, blond hair, and ruddy complexion.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/sims.htm

The guy in your picture does not have blond hair.

Steve Thomas

Scratch that.

According to Richard Sims, "Mr. SIMS. Yes, sir. Richard Walter Borchgardt, he is 23 years of age, 5' 9", 161 pounds, blue eyes, blond hair, and ruddy complexion.

Ellis Carl Brazel [spelling] B-r-a-z-e-1, he"s 22 years of age, 5' 10", 169 pounds.

Mr. STERN. This information was obtained from police records?

Mr. SIMS. Yes, sir. He has green eyes, blond hair, and ruddy complexion.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/sims.htm

The guy in your picture does not have blond hair.

I will have to find some of my old notes, but some years ago - 1995? - I contacted one of the guys in the lineup who still lives in the Dallas area. He seemed relieved in a way that somebody actually knew about him because his family thinks he's lying about having been in lineups with Oswald. I think it was Borchgardt, but I'm not positive; it was an unusual last name in any case, it seems like. It might even have been Brazel, who I think is still living.

What was interesting is that he said that he currently weighed in excess of 300 lbs, and that even when he was young (i.e., 1963), he was "very heavy," not fitting any of the descriptions of the people who were in the lineups with LHO. He thought it was ludicrous that they would place him in a lineup with someone who looked absolutely nothing like him in any way.

I filed that tidbit and never followed up on it because I was living in Virginia at the time. It's possible that if he's still alive, I can reach him again and find out more information, possibly also including the identities of some of the men pictured above. If someone would be so kind as to save me the trouble of looking up the names of everyone in the lineups (other than the cops), I can possibly find out sooner.

Duke,

What was interesting is that he said that he currently weighed in excess of 300 lbs, and that even when he was young (i.e., 1963), he was "very heavy," not fitting any of the descriptions of the people who were in the lineups with LHO. He thought it was ludicrous that they would place him in a lineup with someone who looked absolutely nothing like him in any way.

I filed that tidbit and never followed up on it because I was living in Virginia at the time. It's possible that if he's still alive, I can reach him again and find out more information, possibly also including the identities of some of the men pictured above. If someone would be so kind as to save me the trouble of looking up the names of everyone in the lineups (other than the cops), I can possibly find out sooner.

According to Mary Ferrell's database, that would be Brazel. He was supposed to have weighed in excess of 300 lbs in 1995.

You can get a copy of the lineups at Box 6, Folder# 1, Item# 73 here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box6.htm

Steve Thomas