The Education Forum

Sid Walker “Jewish… conspiratorial networks are increasingly winning out over - or swallowing up - their competitors”

"I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt"

Bertrand Russell

Len - I hope you don't imagine that I've got it in for you, but it sticks in my gullet that you deploy a quote from Bertand Russell in your signature on this forum.

Russell was a prominent and very early crtitic of the Warrren Commission.

Need a reference to prove it?

I'm certain that Len doesn't believe the Warren Commission. Get a clue.

Feel like answering my post, Sid? Are you ready to get clobbered in that "full and fair debate" you've been asking for? Or will you be intellectually honest and admit that your biases took you down the primrose path? I have to say I'm enjoying mopping the floor with you. It'd be shame to stop now.

Edited by Owen Parsons

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt"

Bertrand Russell

Len - I hope you don't imagine that I've got it in for you, but it sticks in my gullet that you deploy a quote from Bertand Russell in your signature on this forum.

Russell was a prominent and very early crtitic of the Warrren Commission.

Need a reference to prove it?

I'm certain that Len doesn't believe the Warren Commission. Get a clue.

Feel like answering my post, Sid? Are you ready to get clobbered in that "full and fair debate" you've been asking for? Or will you be intellectually honest and admit that your biases took you down the primrose path? I have to say I'm enjoying mopping the floor with you. It'd be shame to stop now.

I shall not shy away from the "full and fair debate" you demand, Owen.

But before agreeing this it occurs here, I'd first like to check with the moderators.

Is such a debate welcome at all in The Education Forum?

If so, should it take place here - oe elsewhere in the Forum?

Is it OK to cite references such as this?

Or may one only cite references such as this: http://www.nizkor.org/features/techniques-...endix-5-02.html ? (For some reason, there seems to be a problem linking to the Nizkor site - I think, Owen, you had the same problem?

Edited by Sid Walker

I shall not shy away from the "full and fair debate" you demand, Owen.

But before agreeing this it occurs here, I'd first like to check with the moderators.

Is such a debate welcome at all in The Education Forum?

If so, should it take place here - oe elsewhere in the Forum?

Is it OK to cite references such as this?

Or may one only cite references such as this?

Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with it. But that link hardly rebuts my argument. The link I posted a while ago directly responds to your link and refutes it. This would have been obvious if you had bothered to read it. I want something new, Sid. This is really pathetic.

Edited by Owen Parsons

Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with it. But that link hardly rebuts my argument. The link I posted a while ago directly responds to your link and refutes it. This would have been obvious if you had bothered to read it. I want something new, Sid. This is really pathetic.

You may very well went more unfettered debate immediately, Owen, but I'm a cautious type. Before I discuss - without bars - a sensitive topic, I like to get my hosts' permission.

Call it old fashioned values, if you like.

I find that courtesy works for me.

Edited by Sid Walker

I find that courtesy works for me.

Sorry, but after you (falsely) said that I was a Zionist when you should have known better (since I'm pretty sure you read your own thread in the Politics forum) and then implied that I only "claim" to believe what I am posting, I am inclined to give you just about zero courtesy. I'll try better, but you'll have to bear with me, Sid.

Edited by Owen Parsons

I keep making the same mistake here, thinking what I have to say might make a difference and those I'm arguing with might be sane and/or honest. Does it make sense to respond to something as asinine and plainly ignorant as this? I won't bother with any of this any longer. If it's not clear by now what Sid is "on about," it never will be.

You know, Daniel... you're right. Its become quite obvious that Sid is so set in his ways that "debating" him will be a totally futile and infuriating endeavor. I agree with the sentiment Chomsky expressed when he wrote, "…The Holocaust was the most extreme atrocity in human history, and we lose our humanity if we are even willing to enter the arena of debate with those who seek to deny or underplay Nazi crimes." (link)

This thread has, I would say, brought out the worst in me. The "enjoyment" I have gotten out of "mopping the floor" with him is a totally unhealthy sort of enjoyment. Some people are able to argue with these types and maintain a sort of sanity and composure, but I don't think I'm one of them. So, to make everything more pleasant for everyone, I will be exiting this discussion.

Also, thanks for posting the Merton piece. I'm only somewhat familiar with him, but it is quite powerful.

Edited by Owen Parsons

Mr. Simkin says:

"I have no problem with Len Colby questioning conspiracy theories. In fact, I would argue that he is the best one on the Forum at doing this. He is very careful about not taking on the people on the JFK forum and instead concentrates on the rather daft idea concerning hoax moon landings, etc. "

Mr. White says:

DAFT IDEA?

I request that you back up that pejoritive opinion by explaining

the attached photo allegedly made on the moon. If you cannot

do so, it is your opinion that is daft.

If any one photo claimed to be made on the moon CANNOT STAND

CLOSE SCRUTINY, THEN ALL "MOON PHOTOS" ARE SUSPECT.

Jack

Oh...and here is another one to explain. What are these color

photos on the landing pad of the lunar lander? NASA refuses

to answer questions about the black patch or color photos.

John...I am still awaiting your explanation for my DAFT photos.

After you solve those, I have more.

Jack :blink: