The Education Forum

Rubenstein the Communist

A line through Capell to anti-Castro groups may lead to less visible sources including Robert Morris and his intelligence cronies. (Greg Parker)

Right on, Greg.

Interesting photo below. From left to right, Robert Morris, E. Constantin Jr., Robert C. Hill, Bishop Thomas K. Gorman, Patrick J. Hurley and Edward R. Maher.

FWIW.

James

James, good timing in resurrecting Morris. I've been working on a timeline for him. Don't let his Benny Hill looks fool ya... he was an evil genius (oh, okay. Fair enough... Benny Hill was, too... :) ). I think a few will be shocked at what will be shown.

Can you give me any background on the photo... where/when it was taken? Any further info on any of the others in it?

A line through Capell to anti-Castro groups may lead to less visible sources including Robert Morris and his intelligence cronies. (Greg Parker)

Right on, Greg.

Interesting photo below. From left to right, Robert Morris, E. Constantin Jr., Robert C. Hill, Bishop Thomas K. Gorman, Patrick J. Hurley and Edward R. Maher.

FWIW.

James

James, good timing in resurrecting Morris. I've been working on a timeline for him. Don't let his Benny Hill looks fool ya... he was an evil genius (oh, okay. Fair enough... Benny Hill was, too... :rolleyes: ). I think a few will be shocked at what will be shown.

Can you give me any background on the photo... where/when it was taken? Any further info on any of the others in it?

Greg,

The photo was taken in 1960. They were all being handed honorary degrees conferred by the University of Dallas.

E. Constantin Jr. was the drive chairman for the University of Dallas fund raising. He was also a very successful oilman operating a company (amongst others) in Venezuela with lots of spooky connections.

Robert C. Hill was the U.S. Ambassador to Mexico and very critical of Castro and his politics. Hill was also a friend of the Dulles brothers.

Maj. Gen. Patrick Hurley at the end of WW2 was the United States Ambassador to China. He was close to John Singlaub.

Edward J. Maher was the Director of the Dallas Crime Commission and a long time Dallas Ford dealer. Albert Bogard worked for him just before shifting to the downtown Lincoln-Mercury dealership.

I'm looking forward to your Robert Morris timeline. From what I have been able to ascertain, this guy was certainly amongst the action

Robert Morris below.

James

Edited by James Richards

I too have been following Morris for awhile now . FOIA'd him last year, with slim results, mostly stuff from his early commitee days. I know there is more stuff in the files of FBI, cause I've seen references to him in other FBI docs, that weren't in what they sent me,... typical though. The SS took over a year to send me 2 docs, that seem rather innocuous for all the dodging around they did about it. Someone threw a blanket over this guy long ago.

Right on, Greg.

FWIW.

James

James, good timing in resurrecting Morris. I've been working on a timeline for him. Don't let his Benny Hill looks fool ya... he was an evil genius (oh, okay. Fair enough... Benny Hill was, too... :rolleyes: ). I think a few will be shocked at what will be shown.

Greg,

The photo was taken in 1960. They were all being handed honorary degrees conferred by the University of Dallas.

E. Constantin Jr. was the drive chairman for the University of Dallas fund raising. He was also a very successful oilman operating a company (amongst others) in Venezuela with lots of spooky connections.

Robert C. Hill was the U.S. Ambassador to Mexico and very critical of Castro and his politics. Hill was also a friend of the Dulles brothers.

Maj. Gen. Patrick Hurley at the end of WW2 was the United States Ambassador to China. He was close to John Singlaub.

Edward J. Maher was the Director of the Dallas Crime Commission and a long time Dallas Ford dealer. Albert Bogard worked for him just before shifting to the downtown Lincoln-Mercury dealership.

I'm looking forward to your Robert Morris timeline. From what I have been able to ascertain, this guy was certainly amongst the action

Robert Morris below.

James

Thanks James. Interesting, as usual.

I too have been following Morris for awhile now . FOIA'd him last year, with slim results, mostly stuff from his early commitee days. I know there is more stuff in the files of FBI, cause I've seen references to him in other FBI docs, that weren't in what they sent me,... typical though. The SS took over a year to send me 2 docs, that seem rather innocuous for all the dodging around they did about it. Someone threw a blanket over this guy long ago.

Bill, there are small clues and leads all over the net about Morris. I've gathered and followed them all as far as I could, and in the process made further discoveries. Hopefully it will provide a peek under the blanket. I'm in the process of putting it all into chronological order.

Bill, there are small clues and leads all over the net about Morris. I've gathered and followed them all as far as I could, and in the process made further discoveries. Hopefully it will provide a peek under the blanket. I'm in the process of putting it all into chronological order.

Greg,

It seems we have hi-jacked Bill's thread so maybe John Simkin can create a new one regarding Dr. Robert Morris.

He was a New Jersey native and a graduate of St. Peter's College. Earned a law degree from Fordham's School of Law and was honored with the degree of Doctor of Laws by St. Francis College in Brooklyn in 1957.

Morris was a commander in the U.S. Naval Reserve and during WW2, served as an Intelligence officer.

He was also Chief Council for the Senate Internal Security Sub-Committee in 1953-54 and again from 1956 to 1958.

There were some interesting television appearances made by Morris as well. In early 1961, KERA-TV screened an interview with Herbert Philbrick which was conducted by Morris.

In October of 1961, Channel 8 screened a one hour program called 'Communist Encirclement'. It was a panel based discussion featuring Morris, Earle Cabell, Ed Gossett and Martin Dies.

FWIW.

James

Edward J. Maher was the Director of the Dallas Crime Commission and a long time Dallas Ford dealer. Albert Bogard worked for him just before shifting to the downtown Lincoln-Mercury dealership. (Me)

The attached image shows the Presidential limo passing his dealership.

FWIW.

James

I dont want to jump the gun on this, but I believe I located the ostensible Communist Jack Rubenstein...He was.....drum roll please....Jack Rubenstein 99 University Place, New York City.......This Jack Rubenstein, was in 1929 the "Director of the Young Communist League who could be reached through the offices of the National Office of the Textile Workers Union of America, New York"

The passage in full reads "Jack Rubenstein 99 University Place, New York City was subsequently [1953?] "shown a photograph of Gorman with negative results. Rubenstein stated that he had left the Communist Party in 1929 and that he was not acquainted with Gorman. He added that he did not believe that his wife Marion RUBENSTEIN would be aquainted with Gorman

Here is the whole doc...

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

It looks like Papich, or someone else decided......well, if commie Jack Rubenstein is going to say he doesent remember the other Communist John Reed Gorman, then we will just throw this out there [and make it stick] that the reason Jack Rubenstein [NY Communist] couldn't remember Gorman is because he was [for our purposes] talking about the rat who shot Oswald....Then again we all have our opinions.....

Anybody?

I dont want to jump the gun on this, but I believe I located the ostensible Communist Jack Rubenstein...He was.....drum roll please....Jack Rubenstein 99 University Place, New York City.......This Jack Rubenstein, was in 1929 the "Director of the Young Communist League who could be reached through the offices of the National Office of the Textile Workers Union of America, New York"

The passage in full reads "Jack Rubenstein 99 University Place, New York City was subsequently [1953?] "shown a photograph of Gorman with negative results. Rubenstein stated that he had left the Communist Party in 1929 and that he was not acquainted with Gorman. He added that he did not believe that his wife Marion RUBENSTEIN would be aquainted with Gorman

Here is the whole doc...

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

It looks like Papich, or someone else decided......well, if commie Jack Rubenstein is going to say he doesent remember the other Communist John Reed Gorman, then we will just throw this out there [and make it stick] that the reason Jack Rubenstein [NY Communist] couldn't remember Gorman is because he was [for our purposes] talking about the rat who shot Oswald....Then again we all have our opinions.....

Anybody?

As a, "I goofed post" Greg Parker being the savvy researcher he is, had already made the connection to the other Jack Rubenstein, at least the previous post helps corroborate that to a degree. I am use to looking at documents so much that, at times I have overlooked salient points, such as Greg's earlier post's unfortunately, being one of thise times. Apologies