The Education Forum

Tracking the Bullets

Hi;

I'm a new member here so please bear with me, but a favourite movie of mine is the Sci Fi flick Blade Runner starring Harrison Ford, about a futuristic cop who is hunting down huminoids that are on a rampage in L.A. In one scene he is examining a photo taken in the droids apartment and he tells the machine where to look in the photograph and how close to look etc. etc..

It got me thinking and I'm not a photographer or an expert this is only a hypothetical question

- does anyone who may know more about home movie film think it's possible that the bullets that hit the Presidents limousine could be seen by a computer. Is there software sophisticated enough to recognize an image of the bullets shape and in flight; would it be able to see it the frames of the Zapruder film?

Hi;

I'm a new member here so please bear with me, but a favourite movie of mine is the Sci Fi flick Blade Runner starring Harrison Ford, about a futuristic cop who is hunting down huminoids that are on a rampage in L.A. In one scene he is examining a photo taken in the droids apartment and he tells the machine where to look in the photograph and how close to look etc. etc..

It got me thinking and I'm not a photographer or an expert this is only a hypothetical question

- does anyone who may know more about home movie film think it's possible that the bullets that hit the Presidents limousine could be seen by a computer. Is there software sophisticated enough to recognize an image of the bullets shape and in flight; would it be able to see it the frames of the Zapruder film?

Don't know about that...but I wonder if a laser light could be used at night in Dealey Plaza to track various bullet flight paths. I seem to recall that Robert Groden was disappointed by the House investigation because when they did the sound tests, they only tested from two locations, the knoll and the sixth floor. If laser light tests were even performed, they should be performed from every conceivable location to determine flight path.

MV

I saw a documentary awhile back where the film makers did use green lasers in Dealey Plaza. I don't think that they traced the paths after impact, but they did block off the plaza at night, and placed the lasers around various potential 2nd shooter locations in the plaza to see what the sightlines would be. They even used a replica limo with live people inside. I forget the name of the show (maybe someone could refresh my memory), but I think the conclusion was that most of the locations were not practical.

JWK

Edited by J. William King