The Education Forum

Does Zapruder show change in limo speed?

Jack White

Several years ago I started a composite of the limo going west on Elm over a new

view of the same area. I never did complete the study, and came across it today.

It is still a little rough, but seems to show a limo speed change. What do you think?

Don't be misled by the large sign at right; it was later removed and replaced by a

different and larger one farther west.

How do you interpret this seeming anomaly?

Jack

Several years ago I started a composite of the limo going west on Elm over a new

view of the same area. I never did complete the study, and came across it today.

It is still a little rough, but seems to show a limo speed change. What do you think?

Don't be misled by the large sign at right; it was later removed and replaced by a

different and larger one farther west.

How do you interpret this seeming anomaly?

Jack

It's quite simple really .... the closer the limo is to Zapruder while moving left to right - the distance it traveled will be more noticeable than if the limo traveled the same speed, but was moving away from the camera. Another example might be ... a plane flying by one's position will appear to cover a great amout of space in a very short time span, but if the plane is more out in front of you and moving away - it will appear to hardly be moving.

Bill Miller