The Education Forum

video revision

Dan Lyndon

I have been playing around with the Mustek dv3500 mini digital camcorder, that was recommended by Chris Higgins on the EHelp conference in Stockholm and this is the latest result - a videocast by one of my year 11s:

Reichstag Fire videocast

Good idea Dan but all 4 clips played at once when I clicked on the link - is this a browser problem?

OK I can stop them manually and play the one I want but your casual surfer would probably not think of doing this. There must be a more satisfactory way of organising this?

Your student is probably chuffed to have done this and to have had it published.

What do you see as the main educational benefits of this process?

Hi Andy

I think that is something to do with the way I set up the windows movie player, I shall see what I can do. I haven't showed my student yet but I am sure he will be pleased. In terms of educational purpose, I guess it is just another way of trying to get my boys to do some revision - i realise that the content is not massive, but if I can get a few more that should help, and may do some myself to make sure they are getting what they need. I would supplement it with some audio revision podcasts too.

Wait til you see my 'Living Essay' which I videoed today - each student wrote a paragraph, put it on a tabard which they wore and then we videoed the whole thing - an essay in 4 minutes, with audio and visual. As soon as I have finished playing with it I'll upload it here.

Hi Andy

I think that is something to do with the way I set up the windows movie player, I shall see what I can do. I haven't showed my student yet but I am sure he will be pleased. In terms of educational purpose, I guess it is just another way of trying to get my boys to do some revision - i realise that the content is not massive, but if I can get a few more that should help, and may do some myself to make sure they are getting what they need. I would supplement it with some audio revision podcasts too.

With a bit of context you could also turn it into a resource for others. I was struck at the Stockholm meeting by David's comments about podcasts and their effectiveness for certain types of learners - this could be even better.

I was struck at the Stockholm meeting by David's comments about podcasts and their effectiveness for certain types of learners - this could be even better.

I was impressed by the idea of podcasting too. I got my Year 7s to have a go at doing 1066 podcasts and posted them on our history website

http://www.igshistoryonline.co.uk/Students...attleofhastings

Edited by Chris Higgins