The Education Forum

Jack Ruby's "disguise"

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Mark Valenti

This is perhaps a small thing - but I haven't found any other photos of Ruby wearing glasses. He wore them at the police headquarters press conference, possibly in a feeble attempt to disguise himself as a newspaper reporter.

Maybe he needed glasses to read but I haven't found any other photos of him wearing glasses. Could be out of vanity - but if he never wore glasses in his daily life, then these are clearly meant to be a disguise, however lame.

So the question arises: whose glasses are they? If they aren't his glasses, then he either borrowed or stole them from someone else. And if he borrowed them, that person is a possible accessory to the premeditated murder of LHO.

It's a stretch - but you never know...

This is perhaps a small thing - but I haven't found any other photos of Ruby wearing glasses. He wore them at the police headquarters press conference, possibly in a feeble attempt to disguise himself as a newspaper reporter.

Maybe he needed glasses to read but I haven't found any other photos of him wearing glasses. Could be out of vanity - but if he never wore glasses in his daily life, then these are clearly meant to be a disguise, however lame.

So the question arises: whose glasses are they? If they aren't his glasses, then he either borrowed or stole them from someone else. And if he borrowed them, that person is a possible accessory to the premeditated murder of LHO.

It's a stretch - but you never know...

Hi Mark.

Aren't they seen in his left jacket pocket while he is engaged in popping Oswald?

- lee

dmn