The Education Forum

Harry Holmes for John Dolva

Robin Unger

Thank you, Robin. Good ole' Harry once more. He's like a bottleneck through which so much has passed into known evidence. Yet he himself is almost an unknown. He's like the proverbial butler or gopher, always there but never seen. A person central and essential, yet eyes pass over him like water off a ducks back. Peter has elsewhere supplied a statement by somone who wishes to remain anonymous that he was MI. It is known he was an FBI informant (DA T-7) and it's reasonable to assume he was involved in the CIA illegal mail opening program. He was perfectly situated to monitor Oswald an all his aliases, mailings, weapon orders, address changes. He also was the only known witness who viewed the assassination through ocular/s. While others had problems with connecting to Washington he had a continuous line to his superior. He moved with ease through the DPD picking up stuff from the Property room. He discards (contrary to PO regulations) vital evidence and lies about it. Yet allowed to do all this without a peep from the commissioners. He attends the last interview of Oswald on a 'whim' and delays the interview to just when Ruby is near. He was one of the very first to physically handle a copy of the Zfilm. The Bell film was probably partly taken from his office. 4-5 other persons viewed the assassination with him from his office, yet none of these are known by name. He himself while describing himself as a trained suspicioner with a near photographic memory can't remember who they were. He's a dentistry student who wanders the plaza picking up pieces of Kennedy's skull and discards them as if he has no idea of their significance, which is ridiculous. He was looking for something else? Did he see something from nhis office in need of fetching? Is he the mystery man with Walthers picking up what was likely a wheel weight in order to affirm the Tague shot? The known photo of him is taken in a backyard when he is a lot older and he is standing in front of a picket fence. There's much more about him that is very curious, not least that it concerns almost all of the very little that is known about him.

Who/what the h..l is this guy????

The Martin film as available has a number of stops and starts (perhaps 5-6). Are we seeing all of it? There's a section between turning on to Houston and passing the end of the TSBD that could be interesting to see if it exists. Likewise between the end of that sequence and the last part.

It's possible that if one spent the time between noon 11/22 and noon 11/24 watching the panel of post boxes one would see a dance of sorts involving major persons of interest. Whether they took timeout and just chatted... Yet again a possible Harry thing. Harry knew, and had chatted with Jack while watching the boxes? Being used to the times they would be watching in the time after deliveries were usually made. A strange tableau of spooks trying to look inconspicuous.

Oswald, Box 2915

Ruby, Box 5475.

Weissman Box 17something

"Jack called him at home regarding Weissman ad. Ruby said he had been to post office located the box number of the ad "put it under surveillance"."

Harry D. Holmes took turns keeping Lee's box under surveillance

Weissman skipped town because a middle aged man who looked like he wanted to kill him was watching him when he went to get his mail.

So Jack was watching or having someone watch Weissmans box, while Harry or somone else was watching Lees box and Weissman saw one of these watching him with an intensity that scared him.

"He was and still is largely overlooked....but then there almost was a neat mathematical inverse relationship between official attention to someone and their real importance/role in events of Dallas."

Well put, Peter. I'd go further and say "What better place to hide than behind a sponsored, fed, shepherded set of conspiracy theories", IOW an inverse relationship between the unofficial attention to the perps and the truth. The cospiracy theorist as the conspirators best friend?

Time has past since I wrote/read this and I see it is open for misunderstanding by those unfamiliar with the details. It's a 'shorthand' which is careless.

This is hopefully clearer:

It's possible that if one spent the time between noon 11/22 and noon 11/24 watching the panel of post boxes one would see a dance of sorts involving major persons of interest. Whether they took timeout and just chatted... Yet again a possible Harry thing. "Harry knew and had chatted with Jack while watching the boxes?" - question mark indicates it is a speculation of which an answer is needed. Being used to the times they would be watching in the time after deliveries were usually made. A strange tableau of spooks trying to look inconspicuous.

Oswald, Box 2915

Ruby, Box 5475.

Weissman Box 17something

From a site outlining Jack's activities in detail: "Him" is a friend of Jack. "Jack called him at home regarding Weissman ad. Ruby said he had been to post office(,) located the box number of the ad (and) "put it under surveillance"." He also asked for the name of the person whose PO box # was on the wanted ad but the PO wouldn't give it to him. This is probably one reason he kept a watch on the box, to find out who it was.

From an other site: Harry took turns with another PO employee. "Harry D. Holmes took turns keeping Lee's box under surveillance"

Weissman skipped town because a middle aged man who looked like he wanted to kill him was watching him when he went to get his mail. This could have been anyone of those watching but it seems to me it's quite likely it was Ruby.

I find it interesting that Harry doesn't mention seeing Jack there. I would imagine that if there was absolutely nothing between them he would mention such a thing. However neither Jack nor Harry do. I wonder if Weissman is alive to see if he recognises either Harry or Ruby as the person that scared him off, On the other hand perhaps he has/had good reson to keep his mouth shut about that.

Also: Neither Harry nor Jack mentions seeing or scaring off Weissman. Perhaps they were all in the know to some extent in a compartmentalised way and once discussing it with someone closer to the core group were told to lay off.

Edited by John Dolva

Interesting that both film makers Bob Hughes and Mark Bell were federal employee's and worked out of the same building as Holmes.

The Terminal Annex Building.

The Bell frames showing Houston st and the TSBD were obviously shot from somewhere high up in that building.

Interesting that both film makers Bob Hughes and Mark Bell were federal employee's and worked out of the same building as Holmes.

The Terminal Annex Building.

The Bell frames showing Houston st and the TSBD were obviously shot from somewhere high up in that building.

Bell Frame:

Notice what appears to be a "white van" parked back near the train cariage.

Bell Frame showing the 6th floor window, and the white van.

"He was and still is largely overlooked....but then there almost was a neat mathematical inverse relationship between official attention to someone and their real importance/role in events of Dallas."

Well put, Peter. I'd go further and say "What better place to hide than behind a sponsored, fed, shepherded set of conspiracy theories", IOW an inverse relationship between the unofficial attention to the perps and the truth. The cospiracy theorist as the conspirators best friend?

Time has past since I wrote/read this and I see it is open for misunderstanding by those unfamiliar with the details. It's a 'shorthand' which is careless.

This is hopefully clearer:

It's possible that if one spent the time between noon 11/22 and noon 11/24 watching the panel of post boxes one would see a dance of sorts involving major persons of interest. Whether they took timeout and just chatted... Yet again a possible Harry thing. "Harry knew and had chatted with Jack while watching the boxes?" - question mark indicates it is a speculation of which an answer is needed. Being used to the times they would be watching in the time after deliveries were usually made. A strange tableau of spooks trying to look inconspicuous.

Oswald, Box 2915

Ruby, Box 5475.

Weissman Box 17something

From a site outlining Jack's activities in detail: "Him" is a friend of Jack. "Jack called him at home regarding Weissman ad. Ruby said he had been to post office(,) located the box number of the ad (and) "put it under surveillance"." He also asked for the name of the person whose PO box # was on the wanted ad but the PO wouldn't give it to him. This is probably one reason he kept a watch on the box, to find out who it was.

From an other site: Harry took turns with another PO employee. "Harry D. Holmes took turns keeping Lee's box under surveillance"

Weissman skipped town because a middle aged man who looked like he wanted to kill him was watching him when he went to get his mail. This could have been anyone of those watching but it seems to me it's quite likely it was Ruby.

I find it interesting that Harry doesn't mention seeing Jack there. I would imagine that if there was absolutely nothing between them he would mention such a thing. However neither Jack nor Harry do. I wonder if Weissman is alive to see if he recognises either Harry or Ruby as the person that scared him off, On the other hand perhaps he has/had good reson to keep his mouth shut about that.

Also: Neither Harry nor Jack mentions seeing or scaring off Weissman. Perhaps they were all in the know to some extent in a compartmentalised way and once discussing it with someone closer to the core group were told to lay off.

To the Editor: In "Fueling the Conspiracy" (letter, Feb. 19), Edward Early questions the interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald by Harry Holmes, a postal inspector: "It's hard to fathom that a civilian with no apparent involvement would be allowed to question a man who was in custody for the assassination of the President." Mr. Early thus suspects that Harry Holmes may have deliberately delayed the transfer of Oswald to another jail, providing Jack Ruby with the opportunity to murder Oswald.

March 2, 1992 Opinion Letter

Bell Frame: Notice what appears to be a "white van" parked back near the train cariage.

[Also] Bell Frame showing the 6th floor window, and the white van.

What is the significance of the van?

Is it in relation to this scribble?

(image)

Who was James Branum?

Edited by John Dolva

(image)

Who was James Branum?

The sketch could also have something to do with the Tippit shooting. Knowing who James Branum was could be a good thing.

Bell Frame: Notice what appears to be a "white van" parked back near the train cariage.

[Also] Bell Frame showing the 6th floor window, and the white van.

What is the significance of the van?

Duke/John.

I was just curious,after much speculation regarding the CLEAN VAN.

What was that van doing parked in an area, that looks to be mainly train tracks and carriages.

Is it part of the GENERAL carpark area. ?

Edited by Robin Unger

(image)

Who was James Branum?

The sketch could also have something to do with the Tippit shooting. Knowing who James Branum was could be a good thing.

That sure looks like the triple underpass, TSBD, Dal-Tex and the left turn onto Elm street including the Van

which was parked there on 11/22.

Evidence of planning for the assassination?

Whose possession was this found in?

Knowing your special interest in our friend Harry Holmes, i thought you may find the Holmes John martin connection of interest.

This post shows P.O. Box 6225 belonging to Oswald. Other references are to Box 2915 being Oswald's box.

I believe I have a photo of a scrap of paper taken from Ruby's wallet which has #6225 on it which came

from the DPD archives.

Why would Ruby have written down this P.O. Box number?

Could this be the Box that he observed Weissman going to, or, does it show that he knew Oswald, or, does

it show that Ruby opened that box in Oswald's name?

Could there be another explanation for his having that box number?

I'll find the photo and edit it in later.

Chuck, I'd like to say but can't at the moment. I'm not being 'mysterious'. It's a genuine copy of a assassination related doc possibly previously generally unknown. I can't find any Branum elsewhere. I also see the van there but while looking at a map of the Tippit scene there are point in common. Perhaps the doodle to the left started as a house profile?

I was just curious,after much speculation regarding the CLEAN VAN. What was that van doing parked in an area, that looks to be mainly train tracks and carriages. Is it part of the GENERAL carpark area?
No, not general parking. Check the testimony of Pop Rackley (Virgie's father) and James Romack. They indicate that, despite the construction going on there, there were still truck delivery companies operating from the area behind the TSBD at the time. The van appears to be a delivery-type van. Romack, as I recall, drove them.