The Education Forum

RFK assassination program on BBC2, Nov. 20

Ron Ecker

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff, Shane.

Is the DVD available in a region friendly format (I believe it is Region 4) for us here Down Under?

James

James, I think you can change your DVD's region to global with most brands. I did this with mine by following the instructions here (scroll down):

http://www.cameratim.com/reviews/video/lg-...21p-dvd-player/

If you google your brand with 'change region' you will probably find the page you need. The region format is ,of course, designed to line the pockets of the big film studios. Sadly for them, the internet is here.

Good stuff, Shane.

Is the DVD available in a region friendly format (I believe it is Region 4) for us here Down Under?

James

James, I think you can change your DVD's region to global with most brands. I did this with mine by following the instructions here (scroll down):

http://www.cameratim.com/reviews/video/lg-...21p-dvd-player/

If you google your brand with 'change region' you will probably find the page you need. The region format is ,of course, designed to line the pockets of the big film studios. Sadly for them, the internet is here.

All of you are amazing! This is one of the best and most usefull discussion I've seen on this board! This year a perfect storm is brewing for raising awareness and bringing forth new information about Senator Kennedy's tragic death.

The media loves round numbers in anniversaries - this year is the 40th.

Dr. Robert Joling and Phillip Van Praag's presentations in promoting their book will put new facts and information in the public mind.

These facts are being reviewed by people in the L.A. legal community in hopes of re-opening the case.

Last years movie "Bobby" will renew in popularity as in moves to video rentals and sales.

Shane O'Sullivan's documentary "RFK Must Die!" is also gaining a larger audience.

The Guardian article is circulating in Europe and America, becoming an internet favorite.

A small, growing and dedicated circle of mainstream media persons are informing our higher ups of the importance of this story, this year.

You can call or e mail you local TV and Radio stations -let them know of the March 25th Joling and Van Praag presentation At New Haven University -tell them you expect and are looking forward to coverage.

This coming June 5th will be the largest and most public reunion and recognition of the anniversary in years, maybe ever!

Keep the threads and chatter going!

LET'S RE-OPEN THIS CASE!

• 4 months later...

In chapters 17-18 of “Who Killed Bobby” Shane O'Sullivan examines the filmed evidence taken on the night of the assassination. To summarize he points out the following identification/non-identification of the following:

Subject 1

Gordon Campbell

Yes - Bradley Ayers,

James Crichfield

Yes – Tom Polgar (later changed his mind)

No – Lois Crichfield

Michael D. Roman

Yes – Michael Roman’s son,

Subject 2

George Joannides

Yes – Ed Lopez, Dan Hardway, Tom Polgar (later changed his mind)

Frank Owens

Yes - Michael Roman’s son

Subject 3

David Morales

Yes – Bradley Ayers, Wayne Smith

No – Ruben Carbajal, Tom Clines, Ed Wilson, Manny Chavez, Luis Ferdnandez, Rita Morales, Sandra Morales

The problem is that a great number of these people are unreliable witnesses. That is to say they are protecting fellow members of the CIA or are defending the reputations of their fathers.

In my view, the most reliable witnesses are Ed Lopez, Dan Hardway and Wayne Smith. However, that does not mean they are right. From the evidence you have accumulated, I would suggest that subject 1 is almost certainly Michael Roman but there are possibilities that subject 2 and 3 are Joannides and Morales. What do other members think?

John,

On paper, those who provided negative identifications could be accused of having vested interests but ultimately, I was persuaded they were being honest and open with me. I was particularly impressed by how helpful Chavez, Fernandez, Roman and the Morales family were in answering my questions and providing new images (Rita and Sandra are pseudonyms, by the way).

I now believe the two figures in the ballroom are Michael Roman and, probably, Frank Owens. The Bulova connection and the actions of Roman after the shooting are a bit strange but I don't now believe the man with him is Joannides.

The "Morales" identification is so disputed at this stage, I prefer to emphasise that Morales confessed he was in Dallas and Los Angeles and, after talking to his family, they have no alibi for his whereabouts on June 5, 1968. This is significant because generally Morales' family lived with him wherever he was posted, with the exception of his tour of Vietnam and his first year in Laos.

Brad Ayers, Wayne Smith and Ed Lopez are all highly credible and I found their IDs persuasive for a long time. While I personally now doubt it is Morales in the video, the new images of Morales his family provided made Ayers and Smith even more sure of their original IDs. Even if it isn't Morales in the video, his statement that he was there and his implication that he was involved must be followed through as far as possible. What more can be done to pin this down, I'm not sure.

I found the interviews with Morales’ two eldest daughters interesting. On page 462 Rita Morales claims that David Morales was at home on the evening of the assassination of JFK and showed no reaction to the death. This sounds very abnormal and suggests that he was keeping himself under tight control (something that all spooks have to do when the subject matter of an issue concerns their work).

Rita said in the interview that “when he wasn’t drinking, he was a good guy”. The only problem with this assessment is that he was an alcoholic.

Rita also says: “If my father got a direct order to do it, I’m sure he did it. He knew the people who could get the job done.” Doesn’t sound like a “good guy” to me.

I found the interviews with Morales’ two eldest daughters interesting. On page 462 Rita Morales claims that David Morales was at home on the evening of the assassination of JFK and showed no reaction to the death. This sounds very abnormal and suggests that he was keeping himself under tight control (something that all spooks have to do when the subject matter of an issue concerns their work).

Rita said in the interview that “when he wasn’t drinking, he was a good guy”. The only problem with this assessment is that he was an alcoholic.

Rita also says: “If my father got a direct order to do it, I’m sure he did it. He knew the people who could get the job done.” Doesn’t sound like a “good guy” to me.

John: From speaking to the family, Morales was distant and would never talk about work or reveal his political views. His daughters didn't find out he was a Republican until much later in life. So, this sort of non-reaction to the assassination would fit that pattern. Having said that, I'm not sure I believe Morales was at home that evening because Rita's recollection is vague and a bit non-descript. Sandra Morales couldn't remember where her father was that day.

Rita acknowledged Morales was an alcoholic and she didn't see as much of the "good guy" (i.e. good family man) as she'd have liked.

Re: “If my father got a direct order to do it, I’m sure he did it. He knew the people who could get the job done.” The family attitude seems to be: he was in the military, he was very loyal and very good at his job and he followed orders. Joining the CIA rescued Morales from the barrio. If he was told to do something, he'd do it but he'd never jeopardise his status by operating without agency clearance. He may have done a lot of things we don't want to know about, but those were the times.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Tom Scully

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=9bcyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=a-kFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4128%2C1776717

The Miami News - Sep 21, 1962 page 5A

Greater Miami Deaths

GSCampbellDeathNotice092162.jpg

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmcid=47393402&GRid=81504750&df=7&

And....

...Seems to be the real deal... granddaughter of Lenore Hoxie, who was the sister of Gertrude Hoxie Williams Campbell, wife of Gordon S. Campberll. :

"Gordon Campbell was my great uncle. He could not have been at the Ambassador Hotel on that tragic evening in 1968 as he died of a heart attack on September 19th, 1962. Even if one were to disregard the obvious chronological inconsistency, the man depicted in the photograph at The Ambassador bears very little resemblance to Gordon Campbell. Mr. Campbell worked for the CIA as a mariner in Florida; he was the captain of a vessel used for trips to Cuba. He was also a wonderfully gracious man of unwavering character whose passing was deeply mourned by my great-aunt Gertrude, her children, and our entire family. It would mean a great deal to me if next time, before making public allegations that create widespread, false speculation about the actions of a person who is no longer with us, that you do the proper due diligence and are aware that the person had a family who loved and remembers him. "

Guest Tom Scully

I know it to be fact unless the Candler family is cooperating in some sort of elaborate ruse. I got "Laura's" FB page from this woman's (nurse in the news article) son's FB friend's list, after I picked up the initial reference on that Alienwhatever forum.:

http://www.alienscientist.com/forum/showthread.php?837-RFK-Assassination-Conspiracy-%28MK-ULTRA-and-CIA%29&p=4270&viewfull=1#post4270

The reason "Laura" is on the nurse's son's FB list is because the nurse's mother (Lenore Candler Van Tosh aka Mrs. David Tosh) was the sister of Laura's father. Marsden B. Candler, Jr., and the nurse, Lenore Candler Van Tosh-Farrance, and her son are first and second cousins of Laura.

PITTSBURG / Man slain in home, wife hurt / Family disputes police ...

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/11/...DTL

Jan 11, 2007 – ... was killed and his wife, a registered nurse, was pistol-whipped. ... Sterling Farrance told The Chronicle on Wednesday night that he grew and stored medical marijuana at his parents' home with his father's permission.

The nurse in the above article is mentioned by name here.:

ARTIST TOLD TO GET JOB; Judge Upbraids Man Who Left...

New York Times - Dec 1, 1951

30-David Van Tosh, 27-year-old Valley Stream artist who left his two young daughters ... Judge Leslie J. Ekenberg ordered Mr. Van Tosh to get a job, saying that "having ... He also ordered that the children, Diana, 21/Z years old, and Lenore, ..

Birth announcement of the sister of the nurse in the above report:

Child to the David Van Toshes

New York Times - Sep 30, 1948

Mrs. Van[ Tosh is the former Miss Lenore B. Candler, daughter of /Lr. and irs. Marsden B. Candler, also of Woodmere. The child will be named Diana Devereaux.

The nurse's mother happened to be in the wedding of her first cousin, the daughter of Gordon S. Campbell's wife, Gertrude.:

ELEANOR WILLIAMS WED IN GREENWICH; I uuuuuuu She Is ...

New York Times - Jun 30, 1947

... Ladew Williams, daughter of Mrs. Gordon Sutherland Campbell of this place ... The other attendants were Mrs. David van Tosh, cousin of the bride, and the .. cousin of the bride, and the ...

The 21 Sept., 1962 death notice fits like a glove, as does the findagrave.com link.

The nurse (her grandfather) and "Laura"(her great-grandfather) are related to this guy, and he married Campbell's wife's sister. I've been working on this for quite a while.:

FWIW, Jake Cogswell's best man in his 1953 wedding with Will Farish III's first cousin, Joan, and Lem Billing's friend and boss, Francis McAdoo's WWII buddy and marketing guy, George O. Walbridge 2nd, had been married to and had a daughter with the daughter of Dr. Randolph Ray. A vestryman in Ray's "Little Church Around the Corner" was the husband of Gordon S. Campbell's wife's, Gertrude Hoxie's sister.: ........

http://www.google.com/search?q=gertrude+e+campbell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=ar:1&tbm=nws&source=hp&q=%22Marsden+B+Candler%22+hoxie&pbx=1&oq=%22Marsden+B+Candler%22+hoxie&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=14616l17062l6l19020l5l5l0l0l0l0l1179l4218l6-1.3l4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f61a3370e8c91f80&biw=811&bih=493

MARSDEN B. CANDLER HOST.

$3.95 - New York Times - Jul 26, 1928

Gives His Bachelor Dinner-His Vl/edding to Miss Hoxie Saturday. Marsden Bayard Candler, who is to marry Miss Lenore Hoxie, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. I. ...

MRS. GH WILLIAMS WED IN GREENWICH Z; Becomes Bride 5f Capt....

$3.95 - New York Times - Apr 10, 1943

The bride was attended by her sister, Mrs. Marsden B. Candler of I-Iewlett Neck, L. LL Richmond Hoxie Jr., brother of the bride, was best man. ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=gertrude+e+campbell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=ar:1&tbm=nws&source=hp&q=%22*Richmond+loving+mother+of+Marsden+B+Candler+Vrs+Gordon+Campbell+and+I+Richmond+Hoxie+Devoted+%22&pbx=1&oq=%22*Richmond+loving+mother+of+Marsden+B+Candler+Vrs+Gordon+Campbell+and+I+Richmond+Hoxie+Devoted+%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=14447l14447l8l15508l1l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f61a3370e8c91f80&biw=811&bih=493

Obituary 1 No Title

$3.95 - New York Times - Jan 10, 1969

... wife of the late h Richmond loving mother of Marsden B CandlerVrs Gordon Campbell and I Richmond Hoxie Devoted grandmother and greetgrandmother Reposing ..

http://www.google.com/search?q=gertrude+e+campbell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=ar:1&tbm=nws&source=hp&q=%22Marsden+B+Candler%22+randolph+ray&pbx=1&oq=%22Marsden+B+Candler%22+randolph+ray&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=5433l15157l1l16222l12l12l0l0l0l1l4206l15851l3-1.0.1.1.4.3.1l11&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f61a3370e8c91f80&biw=811&bih=493

25TH ANNIVERSARY OF DR. RAY HAILED; Rector of the 'Little...

$3.95 - New York Times - Apr 5, 1948

Dr. Randolph Ray receiving a commemorative scroll from Marsden B. Candler at the Little Church Around the Corner yesterday. ...

ES PEGRAM, WHO DIED ABROAD, BURIED HERE o; Services for...

$3.95 - New York Times - Apr 29, 1932

Dr. Randolph Ray, the rector, conducted the services, assisted by the Rev. ... and the following vestrymen: Vernon Pell Baker, Marsden, B. Candler, ...

Marsden Candler's son just happened to have married a woman named Marilyn and has a daughter named Laura, who seems to be opening up about Col. Campbell, online.....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NlCBaGKVa7cJ:www.mylife.com/c-361110167+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-nightly

or http://www.mylife.com/c-361110167

My name is Marsden B Candler. I was born in 1932. I currently live in Millburn, New Jersey. Before that, I lived in Millburn, NJ from 2008 to 2009. Before that, I lived in Short Hills, NJ from 1986 to 1987. I am related to Marilyn Candler, who is 73 years old and lives in Lawrence, NY. I am also related to Laura Candler, who is 39 years old and lives in Millburn, NJ. I am also related to Marilyn Candler, who is 73 years old and lives in Millburn, NJ.

https://www.google.com/search?q=marsden+candler++marilyn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-nightly#q=marsden+candler++marilyn&hl=en&client=firefox-nightly&hs=cGX&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&tbm=nws&prmd=imvnso&source=lnt&tbs=ar:1&sa=X&psj=1&ei=auqDT5vYHYWS9QS8nsmfCA&ved=0CA4QpwUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=883c2f46af09538a&biw=1440&bih=717

Marsden Candler Is Fiance Of Mrs. Marilyn Sederbeg

New York Times - Oct 4, 1969

Mrs. Marilyn Sederberg plans to be married in December to Marsden B. Candler of Lawrence, LI The engagement has been made known by her father, Norman ...

Obituary 3 -- No Title

New York Times - Sep 5, 1956

Marsden B., beloved husband of Lenore H. Candler, father cf Lenore (she married David Van Tosh) ... and devoted father of Marilyn Barry, Elizabeth Ann Perazone, brother of Samuel, Larry, ...

Edited by Tom Scully

Guest Tom Scully

Shane’s article also claims that George Joannides was with David Morales, and Gordon Campbell in the Ambassador Hotel on the night of the assassination. Can anyone confirm that this is Campbell?

JFKcampbellG.jpg

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=9bcyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=a-kFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4128%2C1776717

The Miami News - Sep 21, 1962 page 5A

Greater Miami Deaths

Col. G.S. Campbell, 57 of 19001 Sterling Dr., South Miami. Services in Arlington Natonal Cemetery with arrangements by.....

Miami News Article Image:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zv5TxaFgr7U/T4OsIiHLn7I/AAAAAAAAAAs/dJMpOto1wz8/s1024/GSCampbellDeathNotice092162.jpg

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmcid=47393402&GRid=81504750&df=7&

And....

...Seems to be the real deal... granddaughter of Lenore Hoxie, who was the sister of Gertrude Hoxie Williams Campbell, wife of Gordon S. Campberll. :

"Gordon Campbell was my great uncle. He could not have been at the Ambassador Hotel on that tragic evening in 1968 as he died of a heart attack on September 19th, 1962. Even if one were to disregard the obvious chronological inconsistency, the man depicted in the photograph at The Ambassador bears very little resemblance to Gordon Campbell. Mr. Campbell worked for the CIA as a mariner in Florida; he was the captain of a vessel used for trips to Cuba. He was also a wonderfully gracious man of unwavering character whose passing was deeply mourned by my great-aunt Gertrude, her children, and our entire family. It would mean a great deal to me if next time, before making public allegations that create widespread, false speculation about the actions of a person who is no longer with us, that you do the proper due diligence and are aware that the person had a family who loved and remembers him. "

Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy - Page 467

books.google.com Shane O'Sullivan - 2008 - 551 pages - Preview

I knew that Kappes and Enders were neighbors in Florida—was this a“red herring”? No,it seemed legitimate.Jeff Morley dugup a Miami Herald obituary from September 21, 1962, for a Colonel Gordon S. Campbell, a World War II veteran who....

Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy - Page 470

Twenty-three Bulova guests were registered at the hotel, the largest corporate group in residence. Michael D. Roman, it turned out, was vice president and national sales manager of Bulova. *** Roman was finally interviewed by the FBI on ...

Vice President Named By Bulova Watch Co.

New York Times - Aug 3, 1964

Michael D. Roman The election of D. ! Roman as a vice president of the Bulova Watch Company was announced over the weekend by Gen. Omar N. Bradley ..

MichaelRomanBulovaAKaGordonCampbellNYT080364%2520copy.jpg

Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy - Page 470

The New York Times turned up several articles on Roman, the most interesting dated August 3, 1964. Under the headline “Vice President Named by Bulova Watch Co.”appeared a photograph of Michael D. Roman, instantly recognizable as the man ..