The Education Forum

RFK assassination program on BBC2, Nov. 20

Ron Ecker

Congrats to O'Sullivan for stirring the pot with this provocative story!

However, I submit that this is at best "case reopened;" we still have a long way to go before we pronounce this -- as Shane does in the BBC News version that I saw -- "case closed."

That was not the case with the version I saw. At this stage Shane is only asking questions. His main point is that the evidence suggests that the 3 CIA agents were in the hotel the day that RFK was assassinated. He would like to know what they were doing there.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked the question about whether GPH had been asked about his fellow spooks in Ambassador that night and what he was doing. I believe he has said he was in a police cruiser cruising at that time and heard the call on the radio. Problem with Hemming is what to believe when he says anything. If someone has a current email contact for Ruppert, would they please ask him what Hemming told him [they knew each other on the LAPD at that time] about that night. Gerry, if your out there, how about telling us what you remember and where you were - as well as if you recognize these men in the photos.

As a resident nobody, I realize my thought's are about as important [as the proverbial that and a $1.72, will get you a Iced Americano at Starbucks] as indicated earlier in this sentence....So, in the FWIW category, I categorically agree with Lisa Pease as far as the comments on the blog regarding, 'what will be the consensus of the allegations, once they are played out to a conclusion in the media.

In doing so, I am not passing judgement on the individuals involved ie Shane O'Sullivan et cetera, inasmuch as the inate ability of the people who live in that nefarious region of CIA/Media asset's, who, over the last [fill in the blank] years have elevated spin into a veritable art form.

One would think, that E. H. Hunt's 2007 tome will be....what some people call......the uncanny ability to insert truth's and half truth's into a web of totally fictional scenarios..If you haven't read 'Plausable Denail' that's not my fault.

Pease makes a major mistake in her reasoning. In her assertion that the CIA would use different operatives to kill RFK she misses two HUGE reasons to think just the opposite. First, IF the CIA killed JFK they would want to keep the loop as small as possible and re-use the same men; the lives of these men would be at risk should RFK get elected and they would go along out of self-interest, if for no other reason. Second, she misses that it's entirely likely, even probable, that men like Morales were not working for the CIA when they killed Kennedy, but for the mob.

I agree with most of this (except for the last bit on the mob). Lisa Pease has her own agenda. She is more concerned with protecting the Kennedy image than in exposing the people who killed them.

John,

I have not had much time to look at the forum these days as I have had Terry Mauro here since 11/22 and another music JFK assassination pal, Scott Myers- we had a fabulous time!

So am playing catch -up here , tho I must confess I have been REALLY enjoying the "who were the shooters " thread! Plan to read thru that entire thread again tomorrow after court and will likely have some comments. Great graphics too. Thanx all. Oh, btw, Ashton, I am running out of kool-aid :)

But John, I cannot believe what you posted about Lisa Pease. She is one of the most honest researchers on this area of political discourse. Of course she has an agenda: the TRUTH. The agenda I would really love to believe we all hold here, tho I know better.

I challenge you to cite me one example where Lisa has abandoned the truth in favor of anyone's reputation.

This comes as a real surprise to me from you, John.

Dawn

John Alessio reportedly "fixed" Cesar's multiple arrests in Tijuana, Mexico. (Robert Charles-Dunne)

Alessio is an interesting character. In 1959, Victor Mature and Joy Urwick were married in Alessio's apartment.

He has far more curious connections though. This piece below is from 1965.

James

It is important to be aware of the politics of this program. Newsnight is the flagship of BBC news reporting. However, it is suffering from a decline in audience. It is attempting to make itself up to date and is endlessly asking viewers to respond online to its program via its blog. Most nights, only a couple of people bother. I believe that this program is an attempt to get some interaction going with its audience. Paxman ended the report by saying the program was available from the website and asked for people’s opinions on the identification of the three CIA agents.

I urge everyone to respond to this call. Let us make it the most interactive program broadcast on Newsnight. Provide lots of information on the case and call for follow-up programs on people like Morales and Joannides.

You can add your comments here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2006/...ember_2006.html

"

"I urge everyone to respond to this call. Let us make it the most interactive program broadcast on Newsnight. Provide lots of information on the case and call for follow-up programs on people like Morales and Joannides."

Previewing your Comment

Regardless of what Lisa Pease stated above, and I have the highest, utmost respect for her opinion, I find the connection between the I.D.'s made by those who worked with, and for JM/WAVE, those who had first hand knowledge of, as well as acquaintance with Morales, Campbell, and Johnannides, compelling enough in their interviews to be taken seriously. The fact that Georges Johannides was inadequately vetted by Blakey prior to Blakey's assigning him the position as CIA liason for the H.S.C.A., responsible for the flow of information from its headquarters at Langley, speaks volumes with regard to the ineptitude with which the U.S. gov. continually seeks to exculpate itself from having to assume responsibility for ensuring that an unbiased, untainted thorough investigation of these assassinations, be forthcoming. Those who continue to chide researchers for their undaunted efforts in exposing these travesties, or those who would ridicule them for their unwillingness to accept the status quo as presented by the media's [already compromised since 1947] "talking heads." And, I'm referring to those of you so quick on the draw as to deride anyone who might exercise their right to independent thought, not to mention skills in logic and critical thinking. It's you I'm addressing, here. Because, it's YOUR knee-jerk acceptance of what the gov., be it U.K. or U.S., decides it wants YOU to believe, that relegates YOU to the status of an ostrich burying its head in the sand. Why? Because the naked truth assaults your idea of what a pampered, cozy, stress free, SUV, plasma-screen HDTV, iPod accessoried existence, should be.

Posted by: Theresa C. Mauro | December 3, 2006 10:07 PM

* (If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

Hmmm...Why is this reminiscent of posting on McAdams'? Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

In my ongoing quest to find truth in a thrift store, I picked up a book yesterday entitled Protectors of Privilege: Red Squads and Police Repression in Urban America. The book, immaculately researched by Frank Donner and published by the University of California, has a chapter on the LAPD that is a bit unnerving.

Here are a few quotes from that chapter that may be relevant to this thread. (page 251) "Although vigilant in protecting rightist groups, the police refused to intervene when liberals and dissenters sought protection. For example, the police refused in October 1963 to clear the entrance of a meeting hall besieged by hostile picketers identified with right-wing Cuban exile groups seeking to bar entrance to a meeting sponsored by the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. In contrast, a parade the following week by members of these anti-Castro groups was afforded full police protection."

(page 247) "In testifying in 1965 before the McCone Commission investigating the Watts riot, (LAPD CHIEF WILLIAM PARKER) complained that "black leaders seemed to think that if Parker can be destroyed officially, they will have no trouble in imposing their will upon the police of America...because nobody else would dare stand up."

(page 252) "The John Birch Society, which in the fifties began wooing a national police constituency, gained a substantial following in the Los Angeles law-enforcement community--an estimated 2,000 members." (The source for this is Forum member William Turner's book Power on the Right.)

The book also mentions that, from the mid 60's to the mid 70's, there was a series of bombings against left-wing organizations, which largely went uninvestigated. It also mentions that the police routinely hired men to infiltrate and discredit left-wing organizations, and that quite often these infiltrators were among the most vociferous advocators of violence within these organizations. All this leads me to wonder if it wasn't the police themselves who were behind the bombings. And if they were willing to bomb their own city, what's to say they wouldn't also approve of RFK's murder?

Any thoughts from Gerry Hemming? Harry Dean? William Turner?

In my ongoing quest to find truth in a thrift store, I picked up a book yesterday entitled Protectors of Privilege: Red Squads and Police Repression in Urban America. The book, immaculately researched by Frank Donner and published by the University of California, has a chapter on the LAPD that is a bit unnerving.

Here are a few quotes from that chapter that may be relevant to this thread. (page 251) "Although vigilant in protecting rightist groups, the police refused to intervene when liberals and dissenters sought protection. For example, the police refused in October 1963 to clear the entrance of a meeting hall besieged by hostile picketers identified with right-wing Cuban exile groups seeking to bar entrance to a meeting sponsored by the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. In contrast, a parade the following week by members of these anti-Castro groups was afforded full police protection."

(page 247) "In testifying in 1965 before the McCone Commission investigating the Watts riot, (LAPD CHIEF WILLIAM PARKER) complained that "black leaders seemed to think that if Parker can be destroyed officially, they will have no trouble in imposing their will upon the police of America...because nobody else would dare stand up."

(page 252) "The John Birch Society, which in the fifties began wooing a national police constituency, gained a substantial following in the Los Angeles law-enforcement community--an estimated 2,000 members." (The source for this is Forum member William Turner's book Power on the Right.)

The book also mentions that, from the mid 60's to the mid 70's, there was a series of bombings against left-wing organizations, which largely went uninvestigated. It also mentions that the police routinely hired men to infiltrate and discredit left-wing organizations, and that quite often these infiltrators were among the most vociferous advocators of violence within these organizations. All this leads me to wonder if it wasn't the police themselves who were behind the bombings. And if they were willing to bomb their own city, what's to say they wouldn't also approve of RFK's murder?

I would highly recommend the work of Donald Freed on this subject. See also "Big Brother and the Holding Company The World Behind Watergate" (1974) edited by Steve Weissman.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKfreed.htm

John Alessio reportedly "fixed" Cesar's multiple arrests in Tijuana, Mexico. (Robert Charles-Dunne)

Alessio is an interesting character. In 1959, Victor Mature and Joy Urwick were married in Alessio's apartment.

He has far more curious connections though. This piece below is from 1965.

James

Hmm...

So, Alessio reportedly "fixed" Thane Cesar's arrests in Tiajuana, and also apparently did business with one Texas Oil Mogul Clint Murchison regarding the sale/purchase of the Del Mar Turf Club race track. Interesting...

Del Mar is about ten miles north of La Jolla, where Murchison's Del Charro hotel was located (at which J. Edna Hoover and his boyfriend Clyde Tolson stayed many summers during the Del Mar racing season). It's been widely reported that the Mob always made sure that Hoover never lost any money at the Del Mar races, and that he always got the proceeds when his horse won.

Alessio's Caliente race track was just 40 miles south across the border in Tiajuana, Mexico...

If memory serves, John S. Alessio and/or one of his brothers were investigated by the Feds as to whether or not their Caliente race track was illegally connected to activities taking place in Vegas...

Thanks Robert and James,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

I would highly recommend the work of Donald Freed on this subject. See also "Big Brother and the Holding Company The World Behind Watergate" (1974) edited by Steve Weissman.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKfreed.htm

Freed is mentioned in the book. It seems one of the LAPD's provocateur's tried to frame him as a militant in 1969. Had Freed written on the Kennedy assassination before that point? It would be interesting to see if that could be the reason for the attempted set-up.

In the film Bradley Ayers and David Rabern suggest it is Campbell. Rabern is a new name to me and I found his testimony unconvincing. Ayers was definitely at JM-WAVE in 1963. His books, The War That Never Was (1976) and The Zenith Secret: A CIA Insider Exposes the Secret War Against Cuba and the Plot that Killed the Kennedy Brothers (2006) recount the rumours that were circulating about David Sanchez Morales in 1963. However, he is unable to provide any evidence that Morales was behind the assassination of either JFK or RFK.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKayers.htm

But Campbell is a red herring. As a close colleague of Morales his presence in the Ambassador Hotel would have been interesting but not conclusive.

What is important is the testimony of two very respectable witnesses: Wayne Smith and Ed Lopez. They are convinced that the pictures show that David Sanchez Morales and George Joannides were both in the hotel on the day RFK was assassinated.

The CIA has managed to keep all photographs out of the public domain. However, thanks to the great work of James Richards, we do have several pictures of Morales.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/CIAmorales.htm

In fact, the photograph and caption of the picture of Morales that appeared in the Phoenix newspaper in 1977 was the main reason he was murdered in 1978. It was also necessary because Gaeton Fonzi, chief investigator of the House Select Committee on Assassinations had discovered evidence of Morales’ role in the death of JFK and he had been ordered to appear before the HSCA.

Most people would find it difficult to believe that the men involved in the planning the assassinations of JFK and RFK would have wanted to be at the scene of the crime. However, you have to understand the arrogance of these men. They were working for the CIA and knew that they would be completely protected if any information came out about their involvement. Here for example here is a photograph of another CIA operative who worked closely with Morales at JMWAVE in 1963, Rip Robertson, at Dealey Plaza:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKrobertsonW.htm

David Sanchez Morales was definitely involved in the assassination. According to a filmed interview with Gene Wheaton last year, Carl E. Jenkins and Rafael Quintero, two other CIA operatives at JMWAVE, were also involved in the killing of JFK. Jenkins and Quintero refused to answer my questions (via Don Bohning) about their involvement in the assassination. Quintero died last month but Jenkins is still alive and needs to be interviewed on camera.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKjenkinsC.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKquintero.htm

Hopefully, the BBC will commission a follow-up documentary on Morales, Jenkins, Quintero and other members of Ted Shackley’s Secret Team (Tom Clines and Edwin Wilson who both refused to identify Morales in the Newsnight documentary were both members of Shackley’s team and were later sent to prison for their involvement in illegal contract work).

For more information on these characters who were not only involved in the assassinations of JFK, RFK and MLK, also brought down Jimmy Carter and helped to make sure that Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush (Shakley even wrote some of his speeches) were elected, see:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKindex.htm

If you want to provide me with information on this or any other political scandal, send me an email at: johnsimkin1945@hotmail.com

Shane,

If you're still around...

I know you're still investigating the presence of the three spooks in the Ambassador. Given that many people believe there are pictures of Morales in Dealey Plaza on Nov 22, '63, do you have plans to ask your experts if the photos of the Morales look-alike in Dealey Plaza are in fact him?

http://www.jfkresearch.com/eaglesham/page5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In his book, JFK: The Cuba Files, the Untold Story of the Plot to Kill Kennedy (2006), Fabian Escalante claims that the Cuban Department of State Security (DSE) Became aware of David Sanchez Morales activities in Cuba as early as 1958. He claims that “he was the officer who attended to Phillips and handled covert agents Frank Fiorini (Frank Sturges) and Gerry Patrick Hemming”. (page 22)

According to Escalante, in 1978, Rolando Cubela agreed to give evidence against CIA agents he worked with. Using photographic evidence, Cubela identified Morales as being his contact as early as 1960. Escalante said this news surprised the DSE. (page 70) Cubela also claimed that he met Morales in Paris in September 1963. (page 186)

Escalante also argues that Morales was “coordinator of Phillips’s actions in Mexico”. (page 70) Escalante is convinced that Morales played a major role in the assassination of JFK and argues “his description matches the person who picked up Lee Harvey Oswald at the exit to the book depository after the fatal shots”. (page 186)

Gramma, Havana. December 22, 2006

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2006/diciembre.../52complot.html

GABRIEL MOLINA

THE BBC in London and The Guardian newspaper announced sensational film footage and photos depicting three high-ranking CIA agents at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, where the presidential candidate Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in 1968.

The former attorney general had just won the Democratic Party presidential nomination on June 5, a few months before the election that polls showed he was likely to win.

The high-ranking agents held positions of authority in the CIA’s gigantic secret operations against Cuba during the 1960s, based at of the JMWave station in Miami, the agency’s largest at the time. Those identified include Gordon Campbell, who was chief of maritime operations for that crusade; George Joannides, chief of psychological warfare operations, and David Sanchez Morales, chief of special operations.

The report released is the result of three years of investigations carried out by filmmaker Shane O’Sullivan which revealed that in 1963 those high-ranking agency were assigned to the secret war against the government of Fidel Castro, with one of their objectives being to assassinate the Cuban leader.

The evidence has put the CIA/Cuban-born mafia group back in the limelight, and according to the U.S. Congressional committee investigation, that same group may have been involved in the assassination of the president in Dallas.

The report by Shane O’Sullivan, broadcast on September 20 on the BBC “Newsnight” program, revealed that the agents and four non-identified associates were at the Hotel Ambassador moments before and after the attack. Their presence is suspicious because “the CIA does not have domestic jurisdiction, and some of the agents were based in South East Asia and had no reason to be in Los Angeles.”

Kennedy had just won the Democratic primary elections in California with a platform against the war in Vietnam and was assured as Richard Nixon’s rival in the presidential elections when he was assassinated. The supposed mastermind of the crime, Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan, was arrested with a weapon in hand in the kitchen/pantry where Kennedy was killed. During that process, psychiatrists brought in by the defense agreed that Sirhan, 24, was in a trance at that moment and may have been under a state of hypnosis. The sentence “RFK must die,” found in a notebook in Sirhan’s possession, may also have been written in the same hypnotic state.

Doctor Herbert Spiegel, an international authority on hypnosis at the University of Columbia, believes that Sirhan may have been programmed to act as a decoy for the real assassin.

Under interrogation, Sirhan said he recalled that a girl had taken him to a very dark place, where a gang shocked him. He added that he did not remember having shot Kennedy.

In December 1998, his lawyer, Lawrence Teeter, requested a new trial for Sirhan based on several pieces of evidence. One of these was the autopsy, retained by prosecutors during the trial, showing that the fatal bullet came from behind the senator and was shot from a distance of two to three inche. Sirhan was facing Kennedy and the gun in his hand was from one-and-a-half to five feet away from the favorite for the presidency.

Subsequent investigations showed that there were more bullet holes in a doorjamb at the scene of the crime and that the shots were fired by Sirhan’s gun, which led to the suspicion that there was more than one shooter. The doorjamb in question was destroyed, as was a second weapon confiscated by the Los Angeles Police. It was alleged that there was a court order, but the defense was not advised of this step.

In addition, a security guard – who was far from being a Kennedy supporter – admitted that he was standing in direct contact with Kennedy’s back, and that he ducked when the shots rang out and pulled out his revolver. A witness ignored by the police – according to Teeter – stated that he saw the guard shoot. His weapon was never examined, even though the autopsy also revealed that “the perforations in the body describe an upwards angle, as if he had been shot from below.” At that exact moment, photographer Jaime Scott Enyert was brusquely assailed and arrested at gunpoint. His camera containing the photos was confiscated.

The most important of the agents to appear in the photos and videos identified by some witnesses is Morales, a habitual drinker, who once said to his close friends, “I was in Dallas when we got the son-of-a-bitch, and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard.”

Morales is described by Tom Clines, another chief at JM Wave, as a legend in almost all of the CIA’s covert operations, always linked to the main actors in that dirty-work crew, particularly Ted Shackley, who was CIA deputy director for special operations when George Bush Sr. was CIA director, and David Atlee Phillips, head of operations against Fidel Castro and against Salvador Allende.

The sinister group had been formed in 1954 to overthrow Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbenz. Morales was in Cuba with Philips from 1958 to 1960, where he supported Batista and fought against Fidel Castro. He also participated in the military coup in Chile in 1973. In Santiago, he helped Pinochet in his campaign to overthrow Allende, and afterwards in the brutal repression.

Along with being one of the leaders of the JM Wave station that organized the Bay of Pigs invasion, according to CIA agent Tom Clines, Morales participated with Félix Rodríguez in the pursuit and assassination of Che Guevara and in Operation Condor, where he was involved in other important assassinations.

Investigator Gaeton Fonzi revealed that Morales may have been the man of Latino appearance who was seen with Lee Harvey Oswald in the home of Silvia Odio in New Orleans, according to testimony by former CIA agent Paul Bethel, who was working for Philips. Fonzi and other investigators also implicate Carl E. Jenkins, Chichi Quintero, William Pawley, Roy Hargraves, Edwin Collins, Herminio Díaz, Tony Cuesta, Eugenio Martínez, Virgilio GonzálezFelipe Vidal Santiago, Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch in the assassination of the president.

O’Sullivan was able to identify Morales based on a photo of this individual taken in Cuba in 1959.

One of the CIA agents at the JM Wave station, Bradley D. Ayers, identified Sanchez Morales, Campbell and Joannides in the film footage and charged in a 1994 letter that those three and many others from JM Wave station had “intimate operational knowledge of the circumstances that surrounded the assassination of President Kennedy.”

He also citied Theodore Shackley, Félix Rodríguez, Thomas Clines, Grayston Lynch, Rip Robertson, Edward Roderick and Tony Sforza.

Morales, who feared an attempt on his life by “his own agent,” died of a suspicious heart attack days before testifying before a House of Representatives Select Committee that was investigating the Kennedy assassination. The extremely long list of deaths under mysterious circumstances during that process also include mafia capo Sam Giancana, John Rosselli, Rip Robertson businessman and agent William Pawley, either before or after being summoned to testify at the Commission.

Paul Schrade, who was walking behind Robert F. Kennedy when he was assassinated, believes that the fresh evidence is important and should be investigated.

“I find it very strange that those individuals were present at one of Robert’s celebrations. Why were they there? What were they doing?” Schrade asked when interviewed about the revelations in the company of Max, one of Robert Kennedy’s sons, at the old Ambassador Hotel. On that date, the 81st birthday of the assassinated presidential candidate was commemorated, and the two were visiting the work underway to turn the hotel into a high school.

Key CIA documents have yet to be declassified, and according to the 1978 Congressional investigation, they would prove the theory of the conspiracy to kill President Kennedy.

Now the evidence points to the same suspects in the case of Robert Kennedy, 43 years after the president’s assassination. It corroborates that the event was a genuine coup d’état, and that the masterminds are still being protected.

Despite – or perhaps precisely because of – President Bush’s particular myopia with respect to terrorism.

• 3 weeks later...

Article taken from Granma International:

Robert Kennedy, also victim of a conspiracy?

New graphic evidence shows that the CIA and Italian-American and Cuban mafia groups that do Washington’s dirty work are related not only to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, but also to that of his brother Robert

BY GABRIEL MOLINA

Center, Gordon Campbell and George Joannides

THE BBC in London and The Guardian newspaper announced sensational film footage and photos depicting three high-ranking CIA agents at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, where the presidential candidate Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in 1968.

The former attorney general had just won the Democratic Party presidential nomination on June 5, a few months before the election that polls showed he was likely to win.

The high-ranking agents held positions of authority in the CIA’s gigantic secret operations against Cuba during the 1960s, based at of the JMWave station in Miami, the agency’s largest at the time. Those identified include Gordon Campbell, who was chief of maritime operations for that crusade; George Joannides, chief of psychological warfare operations, and David Sanchez Morales, chief of special operations.

The report released is the result of three years of investigations carried out by filmmaker Shane O’Sullivan which revealed that in 1963 those high-ranking agency were assigned to the secret war against the government of Fidel Castro, with one of their objectives being to assassinate the Cuban leader.

The evidence has put the CIA/Cuban-born mafia group back in the limelight, and according to the U.S. Congressional committee investigation, that same group may have been involved in the assassination of the president in Dallas.

The report by Shane O’Sullivan, broadcast on September 20 on the BBC “Newsnight” program, revealed that the agents and four non-identified associates were at the Hotel Ambassador moments before and after the attack. Their presence is suspicious because “the CIA does not have domestic jurisdiction, and some of the agents were based in South East Asia and had no reason to be in Los Angeles.”

Kennedy had just won the Democratic primary elections in California with a platform against the war in Vietnam and was assured as Richard Nixon’s rival in the presidential elections when he was assassinated. The supposed mastermind of the crime, Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan, was arrested with a weapon in hand in the kitchen/pantry where Kennedy was killed. During that process, psychiatrists brought in by the defense agreed that Sirhan, 24, was in a trance at that moment and may have been under a state of hypnosis. The sentence “RFK must die,” found in a notebook in Sirhan’s possession, may also have been written in the same hypnotic state.

Doctor Herbert Spiegel, an international authority on hypnosis at the University of Columbia, believes that Sirhan may have been programmed to act as a decoy for the real assassin.

Under interrogation, Sirhan said he recalled that a girl had taken him to a very dark place, where a gang shocked him. He added that he did not remember having shot Kennedy.

In December 1998, his lawyer, Lawrence Teeter, requested a new trial for Sirhan based on several pieces of evidence. One of these was the autopsy, retained by prosecutors during the trial, showing that the fatal bullet came from behind the senator and was shot from a distance of two to three inche. Sirhan was facing Kennedy and the gun in his hand was from one-and-a-half to five feet away from the favorite for the presidency.

Subsequent investigations showed that there were more bullet holes in a doorjamb at the scene of the crime and that the shots were fired by Sirhan’s gun, which led to the suspicion that there was more than one shooter. The doorjamb in question was destroyed, as was a second weapon confiscated by the Los Angeles Police. It was alleged that there was a court order, but the defense was not advised of this step.

In addition, a security guard – who was far from being a Kennedy supporter – admitted that he was standing in direct contact with Kennedy’s back, and that he ducked when the shots rang out and pulled out his revolver. A witness ignored by the police – according to Teeter – stated that he saw the guard shoot. His weapon was never examined, even though the autopsy also revealed that “the perforations in the body describe an upwards angle, as if he had been shot from below.” At that exact moment, photographer Jaime Scott Enyert was brusquely assailed and arrested at gunpoint. His camera containing the photos was confiscated.

The most important of the agents to appear in the photos and videos identified by some witnesses is Morales, a habitual drinker, who once said to his close friends, “I was in Dallas when we got the son-of-a-bitch, and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard.”

Morales is described by Tom Clines, another chief at JM Wave, as a legend in almost all of the CIA’s covert operations, always linked to the main actors in that dirty-work crew, particularly Ted Shackley, who was CIA deputy director for special operations when George Bush Sr. was CIA director, and David Atlee Phillips, head of operations against Fidel Castro and against Salvador Allende.

The sinister group had been formed in 1954 to overthrow Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbenz. Morales was in Cuba with Philips from 1958 to 1960, where he supported Batista and fought against Fidel Castro. He also participated in the military coup in Chile in 1973. In Santiago, he helped Pinochet in his campaign to overthrow Allende, and afterwards in the brutal repression.

Along with being one of the leaders of the JM Wave station that organized the Bay of Pigs invasion, according to CIA agent Tom Clines, Morales participated with Félix Rodríguez in the pursuit and assassination of Che Guevara and in Operation Condor, where he was involved in other important assassinations.

Investigator Gaeton Fonzi revealed that Morales may have been the man of Latino appearance who was seen with Lee Harvey Oswald in the home of Silvia Odio in New Orleans, according to testimony by former CIA agent Paul Bethel, who was working for Philips. Fonzi and other investigators also implicate Carl E. Jenkins, Chichi Quintero, William Pawley, Roy Hargraves, Edwin Collins, Herminio Díaz, Tony Cuesta, Eugenio Martínez, Virgilio GonzálezFelipe Vidal Santiago, Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch in the assassination of the president.

O’Sullivan was able to identify Morales based on a photo of this individual taken in Cuba in 1959.

One of the CIA agents at the JM Wave station, Bradley D. Ayers, identified Sanchez Morales, Campbell and Joannides in the film footage and charged in a 1994 letter that those three and many others from JM Wave station had “intimate operational knowledge of the circumstances that surrounded the assassination of President Kennedy.”

He also citied Theodore Shackley, Félix Rodríguez, Thomas Clines, Grayston Lynch, Rip Robertson, Edward Roderick and Tony Sforza.

Morales, who feared an attempt on his life by “his own agent,” died of a suspicious heart attack days before testifying before a House of Representatives Select Committee that was investigating the Kennedy assassination. The extremely long list of deaths under mysterious circumstances during that process also include mafia capo Sam Giancana, John Rosselli, Rip Robertson businessman and agent William Pawley, either before or after being summoned to testify at the Commission.

Paul Schrade, who was walking behind Robert F. Kennedy when he was assassinated, believes that the fresh evidence is important and should be investigated.

“I find it very strange that those individuals were present at one of Robert’s celebrations. Why were they there? What were they doing?” Schrade asked when interviewed about the revelations in the company of Max, one of Robert Kennedy’s sons, at the old Ambassador Hotel. On that date, the 81st birthday of the assassinated presidential candidate was commemorated, and the two were visiting the work underway to turn the hotel into a high school.

Key CIA documents have yet to be declassified, and according to the 1978 Congressional investigation, they would prove the theory of the conspiracy to kill President Kennedy.

Now the evidence points to the same suspects in the case of Robert Kennedy, 43 years after the president’s assassination. It corroborates that the event was a genuine coup d’état, and that the masterminds are still being protected.

Despite – or perhaps precisely because of – President Bush’s particular myopia with respect to terrorism.

Shane, any further developments as a result of your film being shown on the BBC?

Perhaps this is not the ideal thread to post this but.......has anyone ever looked into this cranny regarding Robert Kennnedy? Although the media characterization of the story references the potential assassination being directed towards Lyndon, Bobby was in the motorcade.

If anything, I find the third paragraph from the end of the article, beginning with "The President rode"..... particularly nauseating, and something that should be pondered.