The Education Forum

That flakey power grid

"Trauma Room One" excerpt:

12:29 pm on Nov 22, '63, Dallas -- "Geneva Hine, the only employee in the Depository's second-floor offices, observes the electrical power and telephone system go dead. The Dallas Police radio systems Channel One, reserved for officers participating in the security of the President, is suddenly immobilized."

12:30 -- President Kennedy murdered

12:33 pm, DC -- "A breakdown in the telephone system in the nation's capital occurs. It will not be restored for almost an hour."

"The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy," one of the first books on the RFK assassination, reports that immediately after the 1968 murder the police radios are immobilized for an extended period of time. (I don't have the book in front of me so I can't quote.)

Assassination protocol, requires multiple people with power and clout.

An extremely stressful event like the assassination of a high-ranking government official can create a neurological firestorm in the minds of all humans who attempt to digest the confusingly difficult information. Waves of adverse thought energy can be generated which are extremely powerful and detrimental to their surroundings - and, can have devastating effects on basic structural systems for miles around - such as the phone and electrical services. Goo goo ga joob. Hodey doe doe. Wake up and go to sleep. We're trapped like rats (Speak for yourself...)

An extremely stressful event like the assassination of a high-ranking government official can create a neurological firestorm in the minds of all humans who attempt to digest the confusingly difficult information. Waves of adverse thought energy can be generated which are extremely powerful and detrimental to their surroundings - and, can have devastating effects on basic structural systems for miles around - such as the phone and electrical services. Goo goo ga joob. Hodey doe doe. Wake up and go to sleep. We're trapped like rats (Speak for yourself...)

:) I'm sensing a wee bit of a neurological firestorm now...

:D

A deluge on the Washington switch - total overload, could be a very simple explanation. In those days I believe that they shunted traffic back and forth across the Country - taking advantage of the difference in the time zones. The assassination of Kennedy may have simply been something much like the impact on Mother's Day - however, they were not prepared to handle the call volume. And also, this was not the days of digital either. Call connect was a matter of a mechanical/electrical circuit being established. We're not talking about packets here.

On the TSBD - curious. I have read bits and pieces - I have never read a full study which would indicate the extent of the loss of power and what impact it had, and for what duration.

On the SS - it's pretty interesting.

On the DPD - more than interesting, as I have tried to post on the subject in other threads. I like the idea that the DPD radio system was compromised and made use of - not subject to an unintentional open mic.

On the football and Looking Glass - sheer bravado.

This is where Collins somehow would fit in, along with Ivor Vaganov, IMO.

Illegal in this Country, wireless jamming technology is a blessing in Europe, where it is often employed in churches and theatres - no signal, no annoying ringtone during your 'performance.' I remember recommending frequency jamming technology for the St Louis debates before they happened.

- lee

"Trauma Room One" excerpt:

12:29 pm on Nov 22, '63, Dallas -- "Geneva Hine, the only employee in the Depository's second-floor offices, observes the electrical power and telephone system go dead. The Dallas Police radio systems Channel One, reserved for officers participating in the security of the President, is suddenly immobilized."

12:30 -- President Kennedy murdered

You know, it's a damned shame there wasn't a CIA/military intelligence abort team in Dallas that day, because there's no question that their absolute first priority would have been protection of critical Command and Communication systems.

"For want of a shoe..."

Ashton Gray