The Education Forum

Astronauts Gone Wild

Duane Daman

There have been discussions about the very reclusive and strange behavior of all of the Apollo astronauts throughout the years ... but people speculate that the reason for this behavior is because there was something to hide about the moon itself .... UFO buffs seem to always latch on to the disinformation about alien craft being seen on the moon and ancient alien glass structures covering the lunar landscape .. and that this was the reason for not only the strange behavior of the astronauts , but for faking the Apollo photographs as well .

Then there is the theroy that the photos didn't come out very good because of all the radaition on the lunar surface ... and NASA wanted us all to see some pretty pictures of their alleged accomplishments , so they staged them ....

But not many people discuss the fact that none of the Apollo astronauts act much like heros at all but rather hide away in seclusion , refusing to give any interviews ... and then when they do agree to giving interviews , they make complete fools of themselves by not even being able to answer the most basic of questions about their suppossed moon trips and moon walks ...

I'm sure some of you have seen the Bart Sibrel interviews with Gene Cernan , Ed Mitchell and Alan Bean , where none of them could even get their stories straight or even told the same story about what it was like to travel to , land , and then walk on the moon ...

The NASA defenders will say that this is just because it was almost 40 years ago that these guys went to the moon and now as old men they can't quite remember all of the details of their space travels .... But there is obviously more to it than that .... If you watched the documentary 'Astronauts Gone Wild ' , you will see that Bean said there were no radiation flashes to be seen going though the Van Allen belts ... Then you can see where he didn't even know where the Van Allen belts were located or if they had even travelled high enough to go through them !!!

Then in complete contradiction to that story , Cernan said that he did see the radiation flashes going through the belts .... but while he was telling his story about theses flashes , he was literally sweating bullets ( his shirt was soaked through) and hollering at his dog to shut up ...and while he was hollering at this dog to shut up, his body language showed that he was obviously lying ....

Then Sibrel asked Cernan if the LM , while landing on the moon , made any noise ? ... and he said yes , that it was very LOUD ... but Bean had just stated in his interview that it made no noise at all and was completely QUIET ... So these complete contradictions show that either one or both of them were not telling the truth about landing on the moon .... In another interview in this same documentary , Ed Mitchell literally shoved Sibrel out of his house and then Mitchell's son threaten to call the FBI to have Sibrel "waxed" !!!

Are these the actions of truthful men who have nothing to hide ? ...As usual, Neil Armstrong refused to be interviewed but when Sibrel did manage to get him on camera and asked him to swear on the Bible that he walked on the moon , he refused to do so ... And when Sibrel confronted John Young with the same offer , Young also refused to swear on the Bible and then ran away as fast as he could , threatening to knock Sibrel in the head ...

Why would National heros , the only men to have ever allegedly set foot on the moon , act like guilty criminals ? .... I have read where Neil Armstrong doesn't even have any Apollo moon items or photographs his home .... There are pictures of his career as a test pilot ( something which he is the most proud of ) and also pictures and items from his other accomplishments , displayed in his home.... but not even one photo or item about his moon mission !?!? ... The first man to walk on another planet , and nothing to show for it in his home among his other souvineers ? ... Why not ? .... And when Neil is forced out into the public to make a brief speech at some place like a college about his alleged moon trip , he utters enigmatic statements which include words such as ... peeling back the layers of life's many truths , as tears fill his eyes .... WTF ???

Then there is the high strangeness of the post Apollo 11 press conference , where Armstrong , Collins and Aldren couldn't quite get their stories straight about seeing or maybe not seeing any stars on the way to and during their little stint on the moon ... Not to mention that they all looked as if they were attending their own funerals , instead of a press conference ... The three of them were obviously extremely uncomfortable talking about their alleged journey to the moon .... and especially uncomfortable trying to answer any technical questions about it .... At one point in this interview it looked as though Armstrong wanted to punch Collins out for saying that he never saw any stars at all during ANY part of the mission !

Everyone who believes that Apollo was a hoax, knows that something was not only not well with the entire Apollo Program , but is still not well with any of the Apollo astronauts ... Not emotionally anyway ... As far as physically goes , they all seem to be a bit too healthy, considering their stressful space flights and their exposure to deep space radiation .

Is it possible that nasa has threatend their astronauts into silence ? ... And could NASA have permanently silenced Grissom because he was a "loose cannon" and was possibly getting ready to blow the whistle and the lid off of the entire Apollo hoax ? .... Unfortunately , these are questions we may never know the answers to .

There have been discussions about the very reclusive and strange behavior of all of the Apollo astronauts throughout the years ... but people speculate that the reason for this behavior is because there was something to hide about the moon itself .... UFO buffs seem to always latch on to the disinformation about alien craft being seen on the moon and ancient alien glass structures covering the lunar landscape .. and that this was the reason for not only the strange behavior of the astronauts , but for faking the Apollo photographs as well .

Then there is the theroy that the photos didn't come out very good because of all the radaition on the lunar surface ... and NASA wanted us all to see some pretty pictures of their alleged accomplishments , so they staged them ....

But not many people discuss the fact that none of the Apollo astronauts act much like heros at all but rather hide away in seclusion , refusing to give any interviews ... and then when they do agree to giving interviews , they make complete fools of themselves by not even being able to answer the most basic of questions about their suppossed moon trips and moon walks ...

I'm sure some of you have seen the Bart Sibrel interviews with Gene Cernan , Ed Mitchell and Alan Bean , where none of them could even get their stories straight or even told the same story about what it was like to travel to , land , and then walk on the moon ...

The NASA defenders will say that this is just because it was almost 40 years ago that these guys went to the moon and now as old men they can't quite remember all of the details of their space travels .... But there is obviously more to it than that .... If you watched the documentary 'Astronauts Gone Wild ' , you will see that Bean said there were no radiation flashes to be seen going though the Van Allen belts ... Then you can see where he didn't even know where the Van Allen belts were located or if they had even travelled high enough to go through them !!!

Then in complete contradiction to that story , Cernan said that he did see the radiation flashes going through the belts .... but while he was telling his story about theses flashes , he was literally sweating bullets ( his shirt was soaked through) and hollering at his dog to shut up ...and while he was hollering at this dog to shut up, his body language showed that he was obviously lying ....

Then Sibrel asked Cernan if the LM , while landing on the moon , made any noise ? ... and he said yes , that it was very LOUD ... but Bean had just stated in his interview that it made no noise at all and was completely QUIET ... So these complete contradictions show that either one or both of them were not telling the truth about landing on the moon .... In another interview in this same documentary , Ed Mitchell literally shoved Sibrel out of his house and then Mitchell's son threaten to call the FBI to have Sibrel "waxed" !!!

Are these the actions of truthful men who have nothing to hide ? ...As usual, Neil Armstrong refused to be interviewed but when Sibrel did manage to get him on camera and asked him to swear on the Bible that he walked on the moon , he refused to do so ... And when Sibrel confronted John Young with the same offer , Young also refused to swear on the Bible and then ran away as fast as he could , threatening to knock Sibrel in the head ...

Why would National heros , the only men to have ever allegedly set foot on the moon , act like guilty criminals ? .... I have read where Neil Armstrong doesn't even have any Apollo moon items or photographs his home .... There are pictures of his career as a test pilot ( something which he is the most proud of ) and also pictures and items from his other accomplishments , displayed in his home.... but not even one photo or item about his moon mission !?!? ... The first man to walk on another planet , and nothing to show for it in his home among his other souvineers ? ... Why not ? .... And when Neil is forced out into the public to make a brief speech at some place like a college about his alleged moon trip , he utters enigmatic statements which include words such as ... peeling back the layers of life's many truths , as tears fill his eyes .... WTF ???

Then there is the high strangeness of the post Apollo 11 press conference , where Armstrong , Collins and Aldren couldn't quite get their stories straight about seeing or maybe not seeing any stars on the way to and during their little stint on the moon ... Not to mention that they all looked as if they were attending their own funerals , instead of a press conference ... The three of them were obviously extremely uncomfortable talking about their alleged journey to the moon .... and especially uncomfortable trying to answer any technical questions about it .... At one point in this interview it looked as though Armstrong wanted to punch Collins out for saying that he never saw any stars at all during ANY part of the mission !

Everyone who believes that Apollo was a hoax, knows that something was not only not well with the entire Apollo Program , but is still not well with any of the Apollo astronauts ... Not emotionally anyway ... As far as physically goes , they all seem to be a bit too healthy, considering their stressful space flights and their exposure to deep space radiation .

Is it possible that nasa has threatend their astronauts into silence ? ... And could NASA have permanently silenced Grissom because he was a "loose cannon" and was possibly getting ready to blow the whistle and the lid off of the entire Apollo hoax ? .... Unfortunately , these are questions we may never know the answers to .

Excellent post, Duane. Sibrel sent me complimentary DVDs of his four excellent videos, asking

for my comments. I sent him my HONEST comments, but he took offense at my honest remarks

regarding the GONE WILD video, which is everything you describe. I criticized his DEMEANOR

in harassing the astronauts. I told him that I dared not show the film to any of my friends, because

they would see SIBREL "ATTACKING" NATIONAL HEROES and fail to observe what you have. Had

his approach to them been more subtle and less aggressive, the result would have been fantastic.

Instead he comes off as a "conspiracy nut" attacking heroes. On top of that, one of his interviews

was obtained by POSING AS A NEWSMAN, which did not lend sympathy to his cause. Too bad,

because what he learned was impressive, but his presentation was faulty.

Jack

Another of Sibrel's videos presented a SIGNIFICANT piece of NASA film,

but Sibrel failed to comment on the obvious importance of it.

It was footage of one of the missions in route to the moon ...inside

the space capsule. It showed in detail STAR CHARTS USED FOR NAVIGATION

NEXT TO THE WINDOW.

Yet we have some of the nauts claiming that STARS WERE NOT VISIBLE. Well

they can't have it both ways...if they have a star chart to navigate by, THEY

MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEE THE STARS! Check it out.

Jack

Another of Sibrel's videos presented a SIGNIFICANT piece of NASA film,

but Sibrel failed to comment on the obvious importance of it.

It was footage of one of the missions in route to the moon ...inside

the space capsule. It showed in detail STAR CHARTS USED FOR NAVIGATION

NEXT TO THE WINDOW.

Yet we have some of the nauts claiming that STARS WERE NOT VISIBLE. Well

they can't have it both ways...if they have a star chart to navigate by, THEY

MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEE THE STARS! Check it out.

Jack

Jack, here's a small experiment for you to try.

Sit in a small room, at night, with a window where you can see the sky.

Have the lights on in the room. How many stars can you see?

Turn the lights off - now how many more can you see?

Star charts were indeed used aboard Apollo. Although Apollo had inertial guidance units (INS is a generic term), it was foreseen that the system might fail and therefore they had to be able to navigate by reference to the stars, know as astronavigation. This had been trialled successfully in previous manned missions (Gemini) They could check their INS position against ground-based tracking a star shots.

They didn't use a hand-held sextant but rather one built into the spacecraft:

guide.diag.f.jpg

So use this they also carried star charts:

99-15164-8.f.jpg

As it turns out, I'm qualified in astronavigation (air & sea but obviously not in space, though the principle is the same for all). If you'd like any questions answered, please ask.

Here is a webpage all about it:

http://apollotribute2.blogspot.com/2006/04...o-part-one.html

Edited by Evan Burton

<snip>

Strange how a different viewpoint can arrive at wholly different interpretations of such non-quantitative evidence. After seeing this video, it simply cemented my belief that the moon landings were not faked. It also leads me to believe that Bart Sibrel is complete scum for the way he has harrassed and harangued these guys. Respect to Buzz Aldrin for chinning him when he was called a thief, a xxxx and a coward. Sibrel's instinctive response? "Did you get that on tape?" IMHO he was deliberately trying to get a reaction.

I've heard the claim before that the astronauts refused to swear on the Bible, which would be their right - who the hell is BS to effectively put them on trial? Anyway, three of them took that opportunity.

My question is, what does this prove?

The video was very revealing - but it was very revealing about BS and the underhand tactics he employed. (For example, if I had sweaty armpits and there was a film crew in my house asking me questions about my lifetime achievement, I'd get a bit self-conscious if they very obviously started filming my armpits!)

This was filmed in Sept 2002. Bart Sibrel is a known conman, he has admitting to lying to gain the confidence of astronauts and be able to interview them in their own homes.

How do we know this piece of film wasn't faked? We only have BSs word that the film wasn't faked - and he has already admitted to being a xxxx, so we can't trust anything he says, nor can we use any of his video as evidence.

The fact that there was no prosecution of Aldrin proves that the Police knew this film was faked. Apparently BS was cautioned for wasting Police time".

There, I've just started my own little conspiracy theory. All nicely contained, with no loose ends. If you disagree, then you need to supply proof that the BS video is real. However, you can't use any evidence from BS, including the video itself, to prove it is real, because it has been demonstrated that BS is a xxxx and totally untrustworthy.

Sound familiar???

EDIT - dbl post.

Edited by Dave Greer

Evan ... You are incorrect ... In the documentary 'Astronauts Gone Wild' , Sibrel shows where three of the astronauts did swear on the Bible that they walked on the moon ... Cernan , Bean and Mitchell all did this , where Armstrong , Aldren , Collins and Young refused to ..... Then immediately after Cernan , Mitchell and Bean did swear on the Bible , they all threatened and cussed out Sibrel and then literally kicked him and shoved him out their front doors ....

So much for the refined behavior and integrity of our "national heros" ! ... They all acted like bar room bullies when they found out what Sibrel was up to .... Why didn't they just laugh at him , if he is such a nut ? ... Why didn't they tell him calmly that they really did walk on the moon and that he was crazy to believe otherwise ? .... Why instead did they act like guilty little defensive bullies who had all been caught with their hands in the cookie jar ?

Gene Cernan was obviouly lying and sweating profusely because of being cornered and asked questions he couldn't answer .... and poor Alan Bean didn't even know where the Van Allen radiation belts were located !! ... Give me a break ! ... These guys never went anywhere near the moon !

I agree with Jack White that Sibrel could have handled these Apollo astronaut's interviews differently but to denounce him as being akin to Satan himself is just more distraction tactics used by the typical nasa defenders , who would like to take the attention off of the embarrassing and lying behavior of the Apollo astronauts and direct to that conspiracy bad boy , Sibrel .

Here is a video clip from this documentary where Sibrel is interviewing Alan Bean ... and there is absolutely nothing offensive about the way he conducted his interview with him .

Click on the link to watch Alan Bean spill the beans about the Van Allen radiation belts ! ... It's almost too painful for even me to watch .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zstYpEXOI24

Edited by Duane Daman

Guest Stephen Turner

Duane, just because people dont react to a situation as you, or I would expect them to, does not constitute proof of lying/wrong-doing. Some people are naturally very good in front of a camera, others come across badly, eg take a look at the 1960 presidential debate between JFK, and Richard Nixon, its almost certainly what lost tricky the election.

I have worked in a psychiatric setting for more than 20 years, and to assume things based entirely on how the patient presents is not just wrong, it could be dangerous.

Duane,

I get accused of 'nitpicking' when i point out inaccuracies, so I'll try to limit myself in this case.

1. How would you react if someone set up an interview with you under false pretenses, called you a coward or a xxxx, demanded you swear on the bible, stalked your family, broke into your home? Mr Sibrel has been guilty of all of these with various astronauts.

"Why didn't they just laugh at him , if he is such a nut ? "

How have YOU reacted on this very forum when there has been the slightest hint of a slur against your character? And you are not someone who gave up years in training, had his marriage tested, risked their life for their country in space activity, and then have had people say it was a lie.

2. Reclusive? Armstrong became a univerity lecturer / professor (as well as a board member for various activities); hundreds of students aw him on a daily basis. Al Bean became an artist and does exhibitions. Gene Cerenan went on golf tours, became a management speaker for businesses, CEO of his own aerospace corporation. Mike Collins took a position with the NASM. Pete Conrad worked with various aerospace corporations, raced motorbikes and even did an AMEX ad (Do you remember me? I walked on the Moon!). Charlie Duke went to a ministry and does car ads in Australia. Jim Lovell runs a resturaunt. Ed Mitchell became a management consultant, and started up his own facility to investigate psychic research and the paranormal. Jack Schmitt went into politics briefly. Al Shepherd was a MAJOR businessman. John Young stayed with NASA, flying the first shuttle mission, retiring in 2004. All (including Armstrong) have made public appearences, given interviews, etc. Just because you don't see them down the pub, it does NOT mean they are "reclusive".

Edited by Evan Burton

Duane, just because people dont react to a situation as you, or I would expect them to, does not constitute proof of lying/wrong-doing. Some people are naturally very good in front of a camera, others come across badly, eg take a look at the 1960 presidential debate between JFK, and Richard Nixon, its almost certainly what lost tricky the election.

I have worked in a psychiatric setting for more than 20 years, and to assume things based entirely on how the patient presents is not just wrong, it could be dangerous.

Steve .... You may have worked in a "psychiatric setting" for more than 20 years , but you obviously are not a psychiatrist ... because if you were , you would be able to recognize the body language of a xxxx ... Or in the case of these interviews with the Apollo astronauts, many liars .

Evan .... Bart Sibrel had not called anyone a xxxx ... Nor had he stalked anyone or broke into their homes to conduct these interviews .... His questions were not confrontational in any respect until AFTER they had all squirmed and stuttered and sweated , trying to answer his questions .

Yes, he set up the interviews under false pretenses because if he admitted who he was and what his opinion was about Apollo , none of them would have ever granted him any of these interviews to begin with .... When it comes to being questioned by those who want proof that these men really walked on the moon , or even honest answers about anything concerning the Apollo missions , all of the Apollo astronauts run away like a pack of guilty criminals .... That is what I mean by being reclusive ... Not granting interviews to those who question the validity of the Apollo Program ....I wasn't saying that they didn't go on with their lives after the Apollo debacle .

Have you even bothered to watch this documentary, or are you only going by what your dear friends at clavius have to say about this ? ....Which of course would be anything but the truth .

The astronauts were twitching and squriming and sweating and stuttering and LYING , long before Sibrel even announced who he was or why he really wanted to interview them .... So your accusations about Sibrel in this context are patently untrue .

Steve .... You may have worked in a "psychiatric setting" for more than 20 years , but you obviously are not a psychiatrist ... because if you were , you would be able to recognize the body language of a xxxx ... Or in the case of these interviews with the Apollo astronauts, many liars .<snip>

Duane-

Since you have questioned Steve’s qualifications and have implied you are more qualified than he is, I’m sure you’ll post evidence of your degrees and experience in psychology or related fields.