The Education Forum

Oswald and FBI NO's

Ok, does anybody realize that LHO was under constant survielance while in NO's....by several intrested groups ? At least 3 ,if not 5 local anti- communist orgs were very aware of Oswald and his activities.

OK, I acknowledge your claim. Do you have any evidence to back it up...documents, sources...anything?

Ok, does anybody realize that LHO was under constant survielance while in NO's....by several intrested groups ? At least 3 ,if not 5 local anti- communist orgs were very aware of Oswald and his activities.

OK, I acknowledge your claim. Do you have any evidence to back it up...documents, sources...anything?

Mark, yes we do have evidence, which will be in a forthcoming book on Oswald, providing the publishing gods are receptive. I was just trying to get people to look at LHO's actions in this light ,and to understand that he was not operating in a vacum. esp. in NO's.

I'm having a great deal of trouble posting here lately, as my registration keeps getting dropped every other time I post. Very tiresome. Somebody or something seems to be messin' with this forum on a regular basis.

Oh, I get it...this post of yours was just what we called a "teaser" when I was in radio...as in, you don't actually plan to expound on your evidence; you just want to draw some attention to your forthcoming book.

OK...I just thought you might discuss your information here on a discussion forum. It's your book, so it's your call.

Oh, I get it...this post of yours was just what we called a "teaser" when I was in radio...as in, you don't actually plan to expound on your evidence; you just want to draw some attention to your forthcoming book.

OK...I just thought you might discuss your information here on a discussion forum. It's your book, so it's your call.

Mark, I believe I stated what I was trying to draw attention to, and it isn't a book. I'm perfectly willing to discuss the topic, but there are certain things I'm not at liberty to divulge, untill our work is out. You may consider that unfair or a "tease", but it wasn't intended that way.

Again, Why is the FBI knocking on the Murret's door in Sept. asking if he lives there ? Actually, they first inquired if a" young coulpe" was living there, then they asked if she knew "Lee Oswald"? Lillian Murret said "yes, he's my nephew'. whereupon the 2 men asked her if she knew where he lived? She replied well, yes, he lives on the 4900 block of Magazine St". Incidently, the 2 men did not introduce themselves as FBI, untill after they asked the questions. According to their own records the FBI knew where LHO was living as early as July, and no later than August 5th , when SA Kaack intreviewed Mrs. Garner about LHO. So, I'm wondering how and why the "FBI" is chasing down the Murret's, and quizzing them about Oswalds whereabouts , 2 days after Labor Day?

Mark;

At least 3 ,if not 5 local anti- communist orgs were very aware of Oswald and his activities.

For that matter, virtually everyone within a 25 mile radius of New Orleans who listened to Radio Station WDSU would have been "aware" of LHO & his activities.

Mr. STUCKEY. Fine. At present I am employed at Tulane University as a special writer. In this capacity I write a syndicated column on higher education which Tulane distributes to 85 newspapers throughout the country. In August 1963 I was a broadcaster with WDSU Radio, New Orleans. This is the NBC station. I had a weekly 5-minute radio program on economic and political developments in Latin America. I had been in this particular specialty for about 2 years previous. Prior to that I was a columnist with New Orleans States Item, with an interest in Latin America. As a result I had been looking for a long time for representatives of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in that area.

Mr. STUCKEY. Fine. As I told you before, as a Latin American columnist and one interested in affairs, I had been looking for some time in New Orleans for representatives of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. There haven't been any. Most of the organizations that I had contact with in my work--

Mr. JENNER. Excuse me--how did you learn about the Fair Play for Cuba Committee?

Mr. STUCKEY. I was going to get to that.

Mr. JENNER. All right.

Mr. STUCKEY. Most of the organizations that I had contact with were refugee organizations, very violently anti-Castro groups, and there were a number of them in New Orleans. These people were news sources for me also. I used them quite frequently. One day, I think it was in August, the latter part of July of 1963, I was in the bank, and I ran across a refugee friend of mine by the name of Carlos Bringuier. Bringuier told me--

Mr. JENNER. Excuse me, identify Mr. Bringuier.

Mr. STUCKEY. Mr. Bringuier at that time was the New Orleans delegate to the Revolutionary Student Directorate which was an anti-Castro group with headquarters in Miami. He also ran a clothing store called Casa Roca. He was an attorney in Havana before the Revolution, the Cuban Revolution of 1958, and had been very active ever since I had known him in New Orleans in anti-Castro activity. I had interviewed him on a number of occasions in connection with Cuban current events. Mr. Bringuier ran into me in the bank, and I spoke to him and he said that a representative of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee had appeared in New Orleans and that he had had an encounter with him shortly before.

Mr. JENNER. That interested you?

Mr. STUCKEY. A young man. At the time he had mentioned no name. If he had, it wouldn't have made any difference to me because the name meant nothing.

He said a young man came in, introduced himself and said he was a veteran of the Marine Corps, he had just gotten out, and that he was very disturbed by this Cuban situation and he wanted to do something about hurting Castro, or trying to change the regime. He, in some way--

Mr. JENNER. This was something this up-to-the-moment unnamed young man had said to Mr. Bringuier?

Mr. STUCKEY. Had said to Mr. Bringuier as Bringuier recounted it to me later. I am telling you Bringuier's story now.

Mr. JENNER. Yes; I wanted to make clear that you were.

Mr. STUCKEY. Right. Now, this young man said somehow he knew Bringuier was connected with the Revolutionary Student Directorate, how, I don't know. But, at any race, as I said, he offered his services.

Then he presented a Marine Corps Handbook to Bringuier. He said, "This might help you out in your guerrilla activities and such. This is my own personal Marine Corps Handbook", which Bringuier accepted. That was the gist of the conversation. Bringuier told me that sometime after that, I don't recall exactly how long it was, he was walking on Canal Street, the main street of New Orleans, about a block away from his store, and he ran into this young man again. This time he was distributing literature, handbills, and the hand bills said, "Hands Off Cuba", and on the handbill it said, "Join the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New Orleans, Charter Member Branch".

It was this same young man. Bringuier, who was a rather excitable fellow, and he couldn't understand why this fellow was now distributing pro-Castro literature whereas a short time before he had posed as an anti- Castro man. So Bringuier got into a shouting match with him on the street corner, and I think some blows were exchanged, I am not sure.

Mr. JENNER. Bringuier is again telling you this?

Mr. STUCKEY. This is what Bringuier is telling me, because I did not witness this. At any rate, regardless of what happened, I don't know the exact sequence of events, the police arrived on the scene and took everybody down to the jail. Oswald was booked for disturbing the peace, and I think later fined $10, and let go. Well, this is what Bringuier told me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little perspective please!

1. LHO attempted to pass out FPC handouts at the New Orleans Docks when a group of US Navy ships came into port. He attempted to give these handouts to US Naval personnel.

All that it got him was being chased off the docks and told that he could not do this without a permit.

2. LHO, a short period thereafter (the next day), LHOapprocached Carlos Bringuier ans specifically discussed wanting to be a freedom/guerilla fighter for the Cuban cause. Thereafter, he returned and even gave Bringuier his USMC handbook.

3. Thereafter, LHO intentionally, and again, handed out FPC phamplets in front of a business location from which he was clandestinely filmed. (Exactly how clandestine can it be???)

4. Only to thereafter encounter a friend of Carlos Bringuier, who subsequently informed Bringuier, who thereafter went to where LHO was located and thus created the disturbance.*

*It's called "baiting", and the exact same thing was done to a very close friend of Jack Ruby, well prior to this amatuerish "rerun".

5. Thereafter, LHO was arrested! And, when this still did not get the attention which he was attempting to draw to himself, even with the New Orleans Police involved, LHO contacted the local NO office of the FBI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went over there with the sign another time, and I was surprised when I recognized that the guy with the sign hanging on the chest, said, "Viva Fidel" and "Hands off Cuba," was Lee Harvey Oswald. Until that moment I only knew Oswald as a guy who was offering his service to train Cubans, and when I saw that he was with a sign defending Fidel Castro and praising Fidel Castro, I became angry. That was in the 700 block of Canal Street just in front of the store where I was working my first year here in New Orleans.

Mr. LIEBELER. Was that the International Trade Mart?

Mr. BRINGUIER. No; Ward Discount House. He make another appearance in the International Trade Mart, later, and I will go into that, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Thereafter, Bringuier "accidentally" encountered Stuckey, who "coincidentally" was looking for someone from the FPC Committee, to discuss the issues.

Mr. STUCKEY. Fine. As I told you before, as a Latin American columnist and one interested in affairs, I had been looking for some time in New Orleans for representatives of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. There haven't been any. Most of the organizations that I had contact with in my work--

7. And of course, Stuckey got LHO on his "talk show" on WDSU radio.

Mr. STUCKEY. Yes. And then I thought after doing that I could take some excerpts out for a 5-minute program, and then ask the management at the station if they would be interested in running the whole thing in toto as a demonstration of the line of this organization. So this was the decision I made before the broadcast.

I drew up a lengthy list of questions, and then I met him that afternoon about 5 o'clock at the studios of WDSU, 520 Royal Street, New Orleans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of which Edward Butler and others made certain that the full interview was recorded and thereafter sold to the public.

Mr. STUCKEY. That evening; no. The only thing that did transpire was I told him that I was going to talk to the news director to see if the news director was interested in running the entire 37-minute tape later, and I told him to get in touch with me, Oswald to get in touch with me Monday, and I would let him know what the news director said, and that was all the conversation we had that night, and he went his way.

I did just that the next Monday, I called the news director and asked him if he had heard the tape, and he said no. I asked him if he was interested in running it. I told him I thought it was pretty interesting, and he said, for some reason, he thought that it would be more spectacular a little bit--there would be more public interest if we did not run this tape at all, but instead arrange a second program, a debate panel show, with some local anti-Communists on there to refute some of his arguments, which I did. Which I did--I arranged a debate show for a regular radio feature that WDSU has called "Conversation Carte Blanche." This is a 25-minute public affairs program that runs daily. It is almost always interviews of people in the news locally or this sort of thing.

I was in charge of arranging the panel, so I picked Mr. Edward S. Butler.

Mr. JENNER. Tell us who he is.

Mr. STUCKEY. He is the Executive Director of the Information Council of the Americas in New Orleans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, there can be little doubt that:

a. Persons of all colors; creeds; religions; and/or political persuasions were aware of the actions of LHO. And, considering the effort which LHO put into insuring that this was so, I for one have little difficulty in accepting that virtually each and every anti-Castro person and/or group in the NO area, as well as a large number of US Naval personnel; the FBI; and the NO Police Department were aware of LHO and his games.

b. And since WDSU TV is located at 520 Canal St, and Lorenzo (Larry) Borenstein owned the art gallery located at 519 Royal St as well as THE OLD FRENCH QUARTER NEWS PUBLISHING CO., INC. which was located in the 700 block of Royal ST. where LHO intentionally "staged" his FPC handout activities, then there can be little doubt that there is more than sufficient evidence that LHO was being "watched".

Name: THE OLD FRENCH QUARTER NEWS PUBLISHING CO., INC.

Type Entity: Business Corporation

2006 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

Domicile Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 03/02/1951

Registered Agent (Appointed 3/02/1951): LARRY BORENSTEIN, 712 ROYAL ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Now, in event that someone wishes to develope some new evidence, then the association of Lorenzo Borenstein & his art gallery at 519 Royal St. and the previous visit here by Jack Ruby, who conveniently purchased a couple of paintings, (that ole Jack was certainly the type to appreciate fine art), and the connections between Ruby; Borenstein, and going back through Borenstein to the Jaffee family of Indiana and Chicago, will undoubtedly reveal much about Jack Ruby and exactly who was yanking his strings.

As anyone with any sense should recognize, the entire FPC activities of LHO in New Orleans was a "staged" attempt to attract attention, which it did.

Unfortunately, overacting frequently spoils the play as well as to also create a tendency of disbelief.

And, since the exact same type "encounter" with FPC personnel had taken place in the Miami, FL airport with Lewis McWillie, and Jack Ruby was entirely aware of this, it is merely a replay with different actors.

The primary question being exactly for whose benefit was the performance being done???????

And the secondary question being exactly who was the producer of the production?????????

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol26_0187a.htm

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...Vol23_0035a.htm

Mark;

At least 3 ,if not 5 local anti- communist orgs were very aware of Oswald and his activities.

For that matter, virtually everyone within a 25 mile radius of New Orleans who listened to Radio Station WDSU would have been "aware" of LHO & his activities.

Mr. STUCKEY. Fine. At present I am employed at Tulane University as a special writer. In this capacity I write a syndicated column on higher education which Tulane distributes to 85 newspapers throughout the country. In August 1963 I was a broadcaster with WDSU Radio, New Orleans. This is the NBC station. I had a weekly 5-minute radio program on economic and political developments in Latin America. I had been in this particular specialty for about 2 years previous. Prior to that I was a columnist with New Orleans States Item, with an interest in Latin America. As a result I had been looking for a long time for representatives of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in that area.

Mr. JENNER. Excuse me--how did you learn about the Fair Play for Cuba Committee?

Mr. STUCKEY. I was going to get to that.

Mr. JENNER. All right.

Mr. STUCKEY. Most of the organizations that I had contact with were refugee organizations, very violently anti-Castro groups, and there were a number of them in New Orleans. These people were news sources for me also. I used them quite frequently. One day, I think it was in August, the latter part of July of 1963, I was in the bank, and I ran across a refugee friend of mine by the name of Carlos Bringuier. Bringuier told me--

Mr. JENNER. Excuse me, identify Mr. Bringuier.

Mr. STUCKEY. Mr. Bringuier at that time was the New Orleans delegate to the Revolutionary Student Directorate which was an anti-Castro group with headquarters in Miami. He also ran a clothing store called Casa Roca. He was an attorney in Havana before the Revolution, the Cuban Revolution of 1958, and had been very active ever since I had known him in New Orleans in anti-Castro activity. I had interviewed him on a number of occasions in connection with Cuban current events. Mr. Bringuier ran into me in the bank, and I spoke to him and he said that a representative of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee had appeared in New Orleans and that he had had an encounter with him shortly before.

Mr. JENNER. That interested you?

Mr. STUCKEY. A young man. At the time he had mentioned no name. If he had, it wouldn't have made any difference to me because the name meant nothing.

He said a young man came in, introduced himself and said he was a veteran of the Marine Corps, he had just gotten out, and that he was very disturbed by this Cuban situation and he wanted to do something about hurting Castro, or trying to change the regime. He, in some way--

Mr. JENNER. This was something this up-to-the-moment unnamed young man had said to Mr. Bringuier?

Mr. STUCKEY. Had said to Mr. Bringuier as Bringuier recounted it to me later. I am telling you Bringuier's story now.

Mr. JENNER. Yes; I wanted to make clear that you were.

Mr. STUCKEY. Right. Now, this young man said somehow he knew Bringuier was connected with the Revolutionary Student Directorate, how, I don't know. But, at any race, as I said, he offered his services.

Then he presented a Marine Corps Handbook to Bringuier. He said, "This might help you out in your guerrilla activities and such. This is my own personal Marine Corps Handbook", which Bringuier accepted. That was the gist of the conversation. Bringuier told me that sometime after that, I don't recall exactly how long it was, he was walking on Canal Street, the main street of New Orleans, about a block away from his store, and he ran into this young man again. This time he was distributing literature, handbills, and the hand bills said, "Hands Off Cuba", and on the handbill it said, "Join the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New Orleans, Charter Member Branch".

It was this same young man. Bringuier, who was a rather excitable fellow, and he couldn't understand why this fellow was now distributing pro-Castro literature whereas a short time before he had posed as an anti- Castro man. So Bringuier got into a shouting match with him on the street corner, and I think some blows were exchanged, I am not sure.

Mr. JENNER. Bringuier is again telling you this?

Mr. STUCKEY. This is what Bringuier is telling me, because I did not witness this. At any rate, regardless of what happened, I don't know the exact sequence of events, the police arrived on the scene and took everybody down to the jail. Oswald was booked for disturbing the peace, and I think later fined $10, and let go. Well, this is what Bringuier told me

A little perspective please!

1. LHO attempted to pass out FPC handouts at the New Orleans Docks when a group of US Navy ships came into port. He attempted to give these handouts to US Naval personnel.

All that it got him was being chased off the docks and told that he could not do this without a permit.

2. LHO, a short period thereafter (the next day), LHOapprocached Carlos Bringuier ans specifically discussed wanting to be a freedom/guerilla fighter for the Cuban cause. Thereafter, he returned and even gave Bringuier his USMC handbook.

3. Thereafter, LHO intentionally, and again, handed out FPC phamplets in front of a business location from which he was clandestinely filmed. (Exactly how clandestine can it be???)

4. Only to thereafter encounter a friend of Carlos Bringuier, who subsequently informed Bringuier, who thereafter went to where LHO was located and thus created the disturbance.*

*It's called "baiting", and the exact same thing was done to a very close friend of Jack Ruby, well prior to this amatuerish "rerun".

5. Thereafter, LHO was arrested! And, when this still did not get the attention which he was attempting to draw to himself, even with the New Orleans Police involved, LHO contacted the local NO office of the FBI.

I went over there with the sign another time, and I was surprised when I recognized that the guy with the sign hanging on the chest, said, "Viva Fidel" and "Hands off Cuba," was Lee Harvey Oswald. Until that moment I only knew Oswald as a guy who was offering his service to train Cubans, and when I saw that he was with a sign defending Fidel Castro and praising Fidel Castro, I became angry. That was in the 700 block of Canal Street just in front of the store where I was working my first year here in New Orleans.

Mr. BRINGUIER. No; Ward Discount House. He make another appearance in the International Trade Mart, later, and I will go into that, too.

6. Thereafter, Bringuier "accidentally" encountered Stuckey, who "coincidentally" was looking for someone from the FPC Committee, to discuss the issues.

7. And of course, Stuckey got LHO on his "talk show" on WDSU radio.

Mr. STUCKEY. Yes. And then I thought after doing that I could take some excerpts out for a 5-minute program, and then ask the management at the station if they would be interested in running the whole thing in toto as a demonstration of the line of this organization. So this was the decision I made before the broadcast.

I drew up a lengthy list of questions, and then I met him that afternoon about 5 o'clock at the studios of WDSU, 520 Royal Street, New Orleans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of which Edward Butler and others made certain that the full interview was recorded and thereafter sold to the public.

Mr. STUCKEY. That evening; no. The only thing that did transpire was I told him that I was going to talk to the news director to see if the news director was interested in running the entire 37-minute tape later, and I told him to get in touch with me, Oswald to get in touch with me Monday, and I would let him know what the news director said, and that was all the conversation we had that night, and he went his way.

I did just that the next Monday, I called the news director and asked him if he had heard the tape, and he said no. I asked him if he was interested in running it. I told him I thought it was pretty interesting, and he said, for some reason, he thought that it would be more spectacular a little bit--there would be more public interest if we did not run this tape at all, but instead arrange a second program, a debate panel show, with some local anti-Communists on there to refute some of his arguments, which I did. Which I did--I arranged a debate show for a regular radio feature that WDSU has called "Conversation Carte Blanche." This is a 25-minute public affairs program that runs daily. It is almost always interviews of people in the news locally or this sort of thing.

I was in charge of arranging the panel, so I picked Mr. Edward S. Butler.

Mr. JENNER. Tell us who he is.

Mr. STUCKEY. He is the Executive Director of the Information Council of the Americas in New Orleans.

Therefore, there can be little doubt that:

a. Persons of all colors; creeds; religions; and/or political persuasions were aware of the actions of LHO. And, considering the effort which LHO put into insuring that this was so, I for one have little difficulty in accepting that virtually each and every anti-Castro person and/or group in the NO area, as well as a large number of US Naval personnel; the FBI; and the NO Police Department were aware of LHO and his games.

b. And since WDSU TV is located at 520 Canal St, and Lorenzo (Larry) Borenstein owned the art gallery located at 519 Royal St as well as THE OLD FRENCH QUARTER NEWS PUBLISHING CO., INC. which was located in the 700 block of Royal ST. where LHO intentionally "staged" his FPC handout activities, then there can be little doubt that there is more than sufficient evidence that LHO was being "watched".

Name: THE OLD FRENCH QUARTER NEWS PUBLISHING CO., INC.

Type Entity: Business Corporation

2006 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

Domicile Address: ', NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 03/02/1951

Registered Agent (Appointed 3/02/1951): LARRY BORENSTEIN, 712 ROYAL ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70116

Now, in event that someone wishes to develope some new evidence, then the association of Lorenzo Borenstein & his art gallery at 519 Royal St. and the previous visit here by Jack Ruby, who conveniently purchased a couple of paintings, (that ole Jack was certainly the type to appreciate fine art), and the connections between Ruby; Borenstein, and going back through Borenstein to the Jaffee family of Indiana and Chicago, will undoubtedly reveal much about Jack Ruby and exactly who was yanking his strings.

As anyone with any sense should recognize, the entire FPC activities of LHO in New Orleans was a "staged" attempt to attract attention, which it did.

Unfortunately, overacting frequently spoils the play as well as to also create a tendency of disbelief.

And, since the exact same type "encounter" with FPC personnel had taken place in the Miami, FL airport with Lewis McWillie, and Jack Ruby was entirely aware of this, it is merely a replay with different actors.

The primary question being exactly for whose benefit was the performance being done???????

And the secondary question being exactly who was the producer of the production?????????

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol26_0187a.htm

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...Vol23_0035a.htm

P.S.

Forgot to include that Jack Ruby almost "let the cat out of the bag" when he corrected everyone at the Dallas Police Station in regards to his exact knowledge of exactly who it was that LHO was supposedly associated with.

Them "Freudian" slips often bear additional investigation and research, and often point the way.

Thomas ; Indeed!, However....when did LHO give out or "stage" his FPCC pamphleting in the 700 blk of Royal St.?

Mr. BRINGUIER. That is right. Now that day, on August 5, I was talking in the store with one young American--the name of him is Philip Geraci--and 5 minutes later Mr. Oswald came inside the store.

I told that to my brother that day. Next day, on August 6, Oswald came back to the store, but I was not in the store at that moment, and he left with my brother-in-law a Guidebook for Marines for me with the name "L. H. Oswald" in the top of the first page

on August 9 I was coming back to the store at 2 o'cl ock in the afternoon, and one friend of mine with the name of Celso Hernandez came to me and told me that in Canal Street there was a young man carrying a sign telling "Viva Fidel" in Spanish, and some other thing about Cuba, but my friend don't speak nothing in English, and the only thing that he understood was the "Viva Fidel" in Spanish. He told me that he was blaming the person in Spanish, but that the person maybe didn't understood what he was telling to him and he came to me to let me know what was going on over there.

Mr. BRINGUIER. No; Ward Discount House. He make another appearance in the International Trade Mart, later, and I will go into

that, too.