The Education Forum

Anyone else find the new formated software has problems?

Bill Miller

I have seen duplicate post made when only one was sent, I have seen double text in one response when it should not have been duplicated, and when sending personal messages - I constantly get the following message ...

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Is this happening to anyone else and if so, what can be done about it?

Bill Miller

The problem I've been having lately is having to log in everyday, whereas previously I was permanently logged in. (Checking "remember my password" or whatever the wording is, when logging in, hasn't helped.)

Ron,

I've noticed that problem too. I originally thought that it was intended behavior -- probably a security feature -- and that my ID was timing out. However, it seems to be somewhat sporadic; "remembering me" for days or forgetting me within minutes.

Jack,

Have you considered getting a free account at Photobucket.com? You could post images there (free accounts are limited to 1GB of photo space and 10GB of bandwidth usage per month) and link to them using the "insert image" option (or the "p><p>If I create the following text within my forum message (I

I get:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/frankagbat/moorman.jpg' alt='moorman.jpg'>

I know it isn't as easy as directly posting to the forum, but it would get you back to being able to post images. (Actually, any service that allows direct linking will work. I merely suggested photobucket from experience.)

The problem I've been having lately is having to log in everyday, whereas previously I was permanently logged in. (Checking "remember my password" or whatever the wording is, when logging in, hasn't helped.)

I too, have had that problem and forgot to mention it.

Bill

I too, have had that problem and forgot to mention it.

Bill

Me too

As for the photo problem another advantage of using a site like Photobucket is that it puts less strain on the forum or so one of the administrators told me a while ago, I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Len

In the past two days I have not been able to send a personal message. All that happens is that I get the screen that says what I posted in the opening of this thread. I would hope that John Simkin or Andy Walker will see this thread and either return the forum settings back to where they once were or correct the current ones so the function options work properly.

Thanks,

Bill Miller

?ª??)?e='Frank Agbat' date='Dec 27 2006, 04:19 AM' post='86489']

Ron,

I've noticed that problem too. I originally thought that it was intended behavior -- probably a security feature -- and that my ID was timing out. However, it seems to be somewhat sporadic; "remembering me" for days or forgetting me within minutes.

Jack,

Have you considered getting a free account at Photobucket.com? You could post images there (free accounts are limited to 1GB of photo space and 10GB of bandwidth usage per month) and link to them using the "insert image" option (or the "p><p>If I create the following text within my forum message (I

I get:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/frankagbat/moorman.jpg' alt='moorman.jpg'>

I know it isn't as easy as directly posting to the forum, but it would get you back to being able to post images. (Actually, any service that allows direct linking will work. I merely suggested photobucket from experience.)

Thanks for the tip, Frank...but I am not very computer literate and probably

could not get the hang of it easily...sound like more trouble than I am willing

to learn. I have more on my plate than I can get done; since I retired I am

busier than ever.

Jack

Can anyone tell me why in the personal message part of the forum that the word "block" appears next to each name and what does it mean?

Example - John Simkin [ Block ] Aug 10 2006, 09:03 AM

When I look into the blocked secotion, it tells me that I have no blocked memebers.

Bill Miller

Can anyone tell me why in the personal message part of the forum that the word "block" appears next to each name and what does it mean?

Example - John Simkin [ Block ] Aug 10 2006, 09:03 AM

When I look into the blocked secotion, it tells me that I have no blocked memebers.

Bill Miller

I think if you click on the "Block" link, it will add that user to your blocked list, thus preventing them from sending you PMs.

I think if you click on the "Block" link, it will add that user to your blocked list, thus preventing them from sending you PMs.

Thanks, Frank, but I do not wish to block anyone. I was thinking that possibly the software was thinking I wanted them blocked and that is why I get the message below each time I try to send a personal message. It is ridiculous!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Bill

For some reason I can recieve in-forum messages despite my getting the error message each time I send one. If John Simkin or Andy Walker are following these threads and have seen this one, I would ask them to consider looking into this matter and seeing if it can be corrected even if it means going back to the old forum settings.

In a message I was able to recieve today - it read in part ...

"This new software is screwy as hell, Bill; I got about 13 separate messages from you (most of them doubles), and when I deleted a couple here and there I had to keep logging back in. In fact, I assumed you didn't even get my original message because when I pushed "send" "it" advised me that I was not allowed to use the feature without being logged in "

The person getting the "log in" message was already logged in. Each time I tried to send my message back to this person I had gotten the page message that I cited in my opening post to this thread. posting to the forum was never a problem before, so we have gained nothing by the changes and have actually lost ground due to the problems it has caused in members communicating privately to one another.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller