The Education Forum

1959 Oldsmobile Station Wagon

Joel Gruhn

Lee, I fail to see the connection between Budget Auto Sales, and Budget Car Rental which would NATURALLY be located at the airport...which would be Love Field. While I'm conspiracy-minded, I see nothing unusual about a car rental outfit being located at the airport...even the airport from which JFK began his fatal motorcade.

So please explain the significance that I'm apparently missing.

Lee, I fail to see the connection between Budget Auto Sales, and Budget Car Rental which would NATURALLY be located at the airport...which would be Love Field. While I'm conspiracy-minded, I see nothing unusual about a car rental outfit being located at the airport...even the airport from which JFK began his fatal motorcade.

So please explain the significance that I'm apparently missing.

Whoops - you are correct - I got it backwards Mark - the reason for the post was Budget Auto sales and the addresses - which are different than what is listed today. Amended...

post-675-025875900 1279555055_thumb.jpg

Just "keepin' it real," Lee...as we used to say "back in the day." The LN'ers want to jump on any mistakes we make, so if we catch and correct 'em first, we are less succeptible to their criticisms....IMHO.

Just "keepin' it real," Lee...as we used to say "back in the day." The LN'ers want to jump on any mistakes we make, so if we catch and correct 'em first, we are less succeptible to their criticisms....IMHO.

No worries Mark.

I personally couldn't give a rats from that perspective ;) - but I understand your point. Accuracy is always important for it's own sake.

And my edit may have removed my thanks to Phil Hopley who again came through with the info.

May have another item worth posting here - need to dig though...

Found it - as sent by the Olds group, a visual of the vehicle type in question - and I learned also that this particular model, based upon that VIN, was not equipped with the electric window for the rear gate.

- lee

post-675-008677300 1279586575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Forman