The Education Forum

Letter from prison regarding Ruby hiring Oswald

In that letter the prisoner said he could prove there was a "Harvey" - Ruby link.

Curious that he called him Harvey before there ever was a thought of there being a "Lee" as well as a "Harvey" Oswald.

Has anyone else read this letter?

Is the prisoner's identity available?

In his letter he says that when he gets out he will get Mrs. Oswald and "Harvey's" brother to join him in telling the stories of how Ruby was a frequent visitor to the Oswald home.

He says Ruby hired LHO to kill JFK. The prisoner says he was supposed to have gone to the theatre with LHO that day, but, he decided not to go,and that LHO was trying to find him on the streets near the theatre.

The letter was sent anonymously...but...can a letter sent from a prison ever truly be anonymous?

Also-

A statement was given by a lawyer, who, along with his client, who was a stripper, had gone to speak with Ruby about getting the girl hired on at the Carousel.

In this statement he said a person he believed to be LHO had been asking Ruby for money up front for a "job" he was going to do. He said he had just got in from louisiana and needed money badly.

This statement clearly states that LHO and Ruby spoke about a rifle, LHO shooting at someone with it, and LHO escaping out the back of Ruby's bar. Was the motorcade ever planned to take a possible route near the Carousel?

There is much more in the statement that is worth reading, imho.

So...did these people, whose identities had to have been known to the authorities, ever speak to the WC?

Were their names ever made public?

I will try to put the document numbers, or the documents themselves, here as soon as I find them again.

Any comments or information regarding these two persons would be appreciated.

The statement is very interesting and goes into very specific detail regarding the exchange he witnessed between Ruby and LHO.

Edited by Chuck Robbins

In that letter the prisoner said he could prove there was a "Harvey" - Ruby link.

Curious that he called him Harvey before there ever was a thought of there being a "Lee" as well as a "Harvey" Oswald.

In his letter he says that when he gets out he will get Mrs. Oswald and "Harvey's" brother to join him in telling the stories of how Ruby was a frequent visitor to the Oswald home.

He says Ruby hired LHO to kill JFK. The prisoner says he was supposed to have gone to the theatre with LHO that day, but, he decided not to go,and that LHO was trying to find him on the streets near the theatre.

The letter was sent anonymously...but...can a letter sent from a prison ever truly be anonymous?

Also-

A statement was given by a lawyer, who, along with his client, who was a stripper, had gone to speak with Ruby about getting the girl hired on at the Carousel.

In this statement he said a person he believed to be LHO had been asking Ruby for money up front for a "job" he was going to do. He said he had just got in from louisiana and needed money badly.

This statement clearly states that LHO and Ruby spoke about a rifle, LHO shooting at someone with it, and LHO escaping out the back of Ruby's bar. Was the motorcade ever planned to take a possible route near the Carousel?

So...did these people, whose identities had to have been known to the authorities, ever speak to the WC?

I will try to put the document numbers, or the documents themselves, here as soon as I find them again.

The statement is very interesting and goes into very specific detail regarding the exchange he witnessed between Ruby and LHO.

Are you referring to Otho Howard?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=146375

Also-

Chuck, try DPD JFK collection Box: 1; Folder 8; Item 45

I think calling LHO "Harvey" is very telling. Refer to Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong. I think they still sell the book at jfkresearch.com.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Also-

Are you referring to Otho Howard?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=146375

No, the person who wrote it is unidentified.

I copied down a good portion of his letter and will post what I have so far since my browser isn't uploading attachments.

the Dallas archives is where I found this letter. The file numbers are 0356-001 thru 0356-004.

post-2765-1171348821_thumb.gif

post-2765-1171348905_thumb.gif

post-2765-1171348968_thumb.gif

post-2765-1171349032_thumb.gif

Edited by Chuck Robbins

• 2 weeks later...

I added the files which contain the letter from the prisoner who claimed he could prove Ruby and Oswald knew each other.

Posted for information only.

I don't know whether his name had ever been released.