The Education Forum

The great Titanic conspiracy.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

I havent seen this particular theory posted on the boards yet. It is of course utter drivel, and if no one else does I shall debunk my own work within the next 24 hours, but, gentlemen, lets have some fun with it.

THE SHIP THAT SUNK IN 1912 AFTER COLLIDING WITH AN ICEBURG, AND NOW LAYS NEARLY A MILE DOWN ON THE OCEAN FLOOR IS NOT THE TITANIC, BUT ITS SISTER SHIP, THE OLYMPIC.

The decision to swap the ships, and scupper the Olympic for insurance money, was taken after the Olympic was badly damaged in a collision with HMS Hawk. The ship was patched up in Southampton, but the true nature, and extent of the damage was only realised after the Olympic returned to its home port of Belfast, there in Harland and Wolf's dry dock several large, gapping wounds were found, caused by the Hawks underwater ramming device, these wounds were so extensive that they fatally compromised the safety of the ship, meaning that no Port authority would provide a certificate of seaworthiness, without which no ship could sail. To make maters worse the Royal navy had conducted its own internal report on the collision, and found itself not guilty, hence no insurance money would be paid.

Facing bankruptcy, the board of the White star line decided to pull the old switcheroo, over the next month the Olympic was changed to be a match for the Titanic, in reality very litle was required, as they were sister ships, with this cosmetic work completed, the names were simply switched, and the Olympic sailed to Southampton to undertake its maiden voyage as the Titanic. Rumours were already spreading about the switch in the seafaring community, indeed most of the stokers, and boilermen who had sailed on the "Titanic" from Belfast, to Southampton refused to sign back on for the voyage to New York, very strange behaviour in a time of high unempolyment for Seamen.

The idea was not to murder over one thousand innocent victims, but to scupper the ship, and arrange to have the passengers safely picked up, and returned to Southampton, to acive this the Californian, another white star ship was dispatched slighty ahead of the Olympic to perform the rescue, this in itself is strange, as at the time a coal strike had left most ships stranded in dock, yet the Californian sailed with no passengers, and a cargo of 15,000 wollen jumpers, and the same ammount of blankets.

But something went terribly wrong, and the Californian was too far away to help in any rescue attempt, plus, because of the extant damage to the hull the Olympic went down much faster than anticipated. But the objective was achived, the White star line got their insurance money, avoided bankruptcy, and the Titanic, as the Olympic sailed for many more years.

The great Titanic conspiracy., Or, does this one hold water
The conspiracy doesn't but the Titanic sure did! :rolleyes:

The following is from the ThinkQuest page discussing the switch.

<snip>

In August of 1991, a team of explorers brought back proof from the wrecked Titanic to prove that it was indeed the Titanic. It seems that all of White Star Line's ships have a special symbol and number punched on all of the steel. After examining the hull the explorers saw the unmistakable number that clearly identified it as the Titanic. When they returned they released pictures and videos, which clearly dismissed this conspiracy.

I have no clue about the voracity of the above statement, but then again, I suppose a conspiracy as big as a Titanic/Olympic switch/insurance scam could involve multiple generations and encompass the team of explorers as well.

Guest Stephen Turner
The great Titanic conspiracy., Or, does this one hold water
The conspiracy doesn't but the Titanic sure did! :rolleyes:

The following is from the ThinkQuest page discussing the switch.

<snip>

In August of 1991, a team of explorers brought back proof from the wrecked Titanic to prove that it was indeed the Titanic. It seems that all of White Star Line's ships have a special symbol and number punched on all of the steel. After examining the hull the explorers saw the unmistakable number that clearly identified it as the Titanic. When they returned they released pictures and videos, which clearly dismissed this conspiracy.

I have no clue about the voracity of the above statement, but then again, I suppose a conspiracy as big as a Titanic/Olympic switch/insurance scam could involve multiple generations and encompass the team of explorers as well.

Yep Steve. Thats debunk point #1, The cerial number refered to is 401, this was unique to the Titanic, and over 50 items have been recovered bearing this number. BTW the Olympics number was......400. Steve.

This gives me an idea. I wonder if Larry Silverstein switched the WTC twin towers for two others, wired for demolition and guaranteed to collapse after being hit by, well, whatever was used to hit them.

Somewhere today the real twin towers could still be standing, although you would think that someone would notice.

This gives me an idea. I wonder if Larry Silverstein switched the WTC twin towers for two others, wired for demolition and guaranteed to collapse after being hit by, well, whatever was used to hit them.

Somewhere today the real twin towers could still be standing, although you would think that someone would notice.

(TIC)

They are being hidden by holographic projections.....

(/TIC)

Guest Stephen Turner

Debunk point #2. Original schematics, and plans of the two ships show that the Olympic had a curved outer edge to the wheel house, whilst the Titanic was square. Underwater photographs of the ship show quite plainly that the wheel house is square, ergo the Titanic.

Debunk point #2. Original schematics, and plans of the two ships show that the Olympic had a curved outer edge to the wheel house, whilst the Titanic was square. Underwater photographs of the ship show quite plainly that the wheel house is square, ergo the Titanic.

How do we know that those photos are genuine? They could have been faked to cover up the swap.

(Sorry - I just couldn't resist....) :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen Turner

How do we know that those photos are genuine? They could have been faked to cover up the swap.

(Sorry - I just couldn't resist....) :rolleyes:

You damn conspiracy theorists, its paranoia I tells you, paranoia.

But just to answer Evans question. The first photos clear eniugh to give this sort of detail date from the late 1980s, and with dives on the ship occuring frequently, more and more photographic evidence has been amassed, every inch of the ship has now been documented and it all tells the same story, its the Titanic. So unless it can be proven that EVERY single piece of evidence, both photographic, and material, has been altered to cover up a crime commited nearly a hundred years before we have to accept. ITS THE TITANIC.

But just to answer Evans question. The first photos clear eniugh to give this sort of detail date from the late 1980s, and with dives on the ship occuring frequently, more and more photographic evidence has been amassed, every inch of the ship has now been documented and it all tells the same story, its the Titanic. So unless it can be proven that EVERY single piece of evidence, both photographic, and material, has been altered to cover up a crime commited nearly a hundred years before we have to accept. ITS THE TITANIC.

Why not? It happened with Apollo.

Guest Stephen Turner

Why not? It happened with Apollo.

Yes indeed, a role I have been known to play from time to time. BTW, where is Duane?

Yes indeed, a role I have been known to play from time to time. BTW, where is Duane?

Last I heard he was preparing some new photographic evidence that would completely blow away any claims that the Apollo photos were real and taken on the moon.

Now where have I heard that one before?

Nonetheless, I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it. It may well be something new. In all fairness to Duane, some of his photographic claims recently have been new (to me anyway) - they just don't hold water. (I know this pun has already been used, but I had to make this post slightly relevant to the thread...!)

I knew this thread would be nothing but mockery of a conspiracy you can't so easily mock .... Apollo .

No one believes the Titanic didn't sink but MILLIONS of people have now realized that Apollo never went to the moon , inspite of so many people working around the clock on internet forums , to try to refute the hoax evidence .

I am waiting for professional photographic analysis of my new findings and will post them when I know more about the photos in question .

Meanwhile , let's show a little respect here ok guys ? .... Hundreds of people lost their lives when the Titanic sank and thousands were murdered when the twin towers were attacked by whomever and then collapsed .

I knew this thread would be nothing but mockery of a conspiracy you can't so easily mock .... Apollo .

No one believes the Titanic didn't sink but MILLIONS of people have now realized that Apollo never went to the moon , inspite of so many people working around the clock on internet forums , to try to refute the hoax evidence .

It would be too easy just to mock the Apollo conspiracy claims, but it doesn't make for very pretty debate. Although you have done your fair share of mocking of the Apollo landings yourself!

It's wrong to suggest noone believes the Titanic didn't sink.

http://www.titanicconspiracy.com/

That site is by no means the only one discussing or espousing the conspiracy. You can Google up page after page.

I am waiting for professional photographic analysis of my new findings and will post them when I know more about the photos in question .
Excellent, that's a good way of doing research, so I'll look forward to seeing them. Will you also be letting us know who performed the analysis.
Meanwhile , let's show a little respect here ok guys ? .... Hundreds of people lost their lives when the Titanic sank and thousands were murdered when the twin towers were attacked by whomever and then collapsed .

They did indeed, no offence intended. I wouldn't be so glib about the millions who died during the Great War which is the same era as Titanic.

"It's wrong to suggest noone believes the Titanic didn't sink."

Awesome ! ... I now have a new conspiracy to investigate !! .. I had no idea it was a different ship that really sank ! :rolleyes:

I guess I do get a bit touchy about 9/11 ... I am a New Yorker and had family members near the buildings when they were hit ... but luckily , no one I know and love got hurt ... but I loved those buildings , as I do every other building in the NY skyline ... So to watch them come down and kill so many innocent people in the process was heartbreaking .

Yes , I will post who analysed the photos for me , if they prove to show what I believe they do ....

Edited by Duane Daman