The Education Forum

Interesting stuff on Tippit and the Texas Theater

I'm really impressed with this book. Not done with it but it won't take long. I see that the author has answered questions in the forum, but quite a while back. Drat. I'd love to ask him some questions.

Anyway, his chapters on Tippit were kind of revelatory to me. Maybe familiar stuff to the veterans here, but not to me.

Pg 87:

"...Undercover operatives who found themselves in trouble or faced with exposure were to go to the nearest theater, where a handler would make contact. This is exactly what Oswald did. He made for the nearest cinema, the Texas Theater..."

Has anyone read that elsewhere?

And he points out that Oswald knew to yell "I am not resisting arrest" when cops came into the theater, which only a trained person would know to do.

He also presents a scenario for how Tippit fit into the overall plot, which I welcome 'cause that's always been a point of befuddlement to me.

To summarize, he says (postulates?) that Oswald believed from his CIA handlers that they were using the opportunity of the president's visit, and resulting chaos, to sneak him out of Red Bird Airport to Cuba, knowing nothing about assassination plans of course. Tippit, also knowing nothing about the assassination plans, was supposed to be the one to drive Oswald to the airport. And in fact the episode days earlier wherein Oswald threw a loud tantrum in a restaurant over the way his eggs were cooked was likely set up as a way for Tippit to see Oswald so that he'd recognize his passenger when the time came.

On Nov 22 there were some spooks keeping a clandestine watch over Tippet's car so they could report back to evil central after Oswald rode off with Tippit. However, Tippit started to get suspicious when he was waiting for Oswald and listening to his police radio and realized he was the only cop not directed to Dealey Plaza. This made him wonder if he was a pawn in the plot and he got nervous. So after he greeted Oswald, who spoke to him thru the car window, he got out and walked towards Oswald in a rather agitated fashion, fingering his service revolver. At that point the hidden spooks got spooked at the prospect of Tippit possibly reaching for his gun, and gunned him down. At which point Oswald of course bolts for the Theater.

The surprise to me is the possibility that Oswald was supposed to remain alive, and actually fly off to Cuba so the CIA and mafia could have their Cuba invasion. Then of course the Ruling Elite/Wall Street could have their profitable war. So two of the three objectives were not immediately met, though clearly the war profiteers got what they wanted anyway in Vietnam and more.

I think is sounds pretty solid.

Whaddya all think?

I think this sounds pretty solid.

Whaddya all think?

It suffers from the same problems as the theory proposed by the Warren Commission: The available evidence (See the thread on Helen Markham) shows that Lee Oswald could not have been at Tenth & Patton when Tippit was shot.

I'm really impressed with this book. Not done with it but it won't take long. I see that the author has answered questions in the forum, but quite a while back. Drat. I'd love to ask him some questions.

Anyway, his chapters on Tippit were kind of revelatory to me. Maybe familiar stuff to the veterans here, but not to me.

Pg 87:

"...Undercover operatives who found themselves in trouble or faced with exposure were to go to the nearest theater, where a handler would make contact. This is exactly what Oswald did. He made for the nearest cinema, the Texas Theater..."

And he points out that Oswald knew to yell "I am not resisting arrest" when cops came into the theater, which only a trained person would know to do.

He also presents a scenario for how Tippit fit into the overall plot, which I welcome 'cause that's always been a point of befuddlement to me.

To summarize, he says (postulates?) that Oswald believed from his CIA handlers that they were using the opportunity of the president's visit, and resulting chaos, to sneak him out of Red Bird Airport to Cuba, knowing nothing about assassination plans of course. Tippit, also knowing nothing about the assassination plans, was supposed to be the one to drive Oswald to the airport. And in fact the episode days earlier wherein Oswald threw a loud tantrum in a restaurant over the way his eggs were cooked was likely set up as a way for Tippit to see Oswald so that he'd recognize his passenger when the time came.

On Nov 22 there were some spooks keeping a clandestine watch over Tippet's car so they could report back to evil central after Oswald rode off with Tippit. However, Tippit started to get suspicious when he was waiting for Oswald and listening to his police radio and realized he was the only cop not directed to Dealey Plaza. This made him wonder if he was a pawn in the plot and he got nervous. So after he greeted Oswald, who spoke to him thru the car window, he got out and walked towards Oswald in a rather agitated fashion, fingering his service revolver. At that point the hidden spooks got spooked at the prospect of Tippit possibly reaching for his gun, and gunned him down. At which point Oswald of course bolts for the Theater.

The surprise to me is the possibility that Oswald was supposed to remain alive, and actually fly off to Cuba so the CIA and mafia could have their Cuba invasion. Then of course the Ruling Elite/Wall Street could have their profitable war. So two of the three objectives were not immediately met, though clearly the war profiteers got what they wanted anyway in Vietnam and more.

Whaddya all think?

Myra...this is all speculation that I first heard about 40 years ago. I think it

is little more than theory, though parts may have basis in fact. To me, Tippit's

role remains a mystery.

Jack

Pg 87:

Whaddya all think?

Myra...this is all speculation that I first heard about 40 years ago. I think it

is little more than theory, though parts may have basis in fact. To me, Tippit's

role remains a mystery.

Jack

I doubt the Dallas cops would shed many tears over the pro civil rights Kennedy, but the murder of another officer could provide enough motivation to ensure Oswald did not survive his arrest attempt. I joined Detroit PD in 1969 and it was still uncommon for cop killers to make it to jail.

Pg 87:

Whaddya all think?

role remains a mystery.

Jack

Is there any context in which letting Oswald live long enough to fly to Cuba makes sense? It seem risky to have the patsy alive anywhere on the planet to possibly defend himself. Then again they no doubt wanted a strong link to Cuba so the mobsters and moguls and could have their island and their war.

Guest John Woods

Pg 87:

Whaddya all think?

role remains a mystery.

Jack

Is there any context in which letting Oswald live long enough to fly to Cuba makes sense? It seem risky to have the patsy alive anywhere on the planet to possibly defend himself. Then again they no doubt wanted a strong link to Cuba so the mobsters and moguls and could have their island and their war.

Myra,

Is there any mention in his book of Ruby being presented during Oswald's arrest or the

second arrest?

thanks

johnw

Pg 87:

Then there's the theory that Lee Oswald came along Tippit's route, Tippit got out, Lee realized Tippit thought he was Harvey and shot Tippit. Then he went over, said "Poor cop," shot him in the head and dropped a wallet with the ID of A. Hidell.

Kathy

Pg 87:

Whaddya all think?

role remains a mystery.

Jack

Myra,

Is there any mention in his book of Ruby being presented during Oswald's arrest or the

second arrest?

thanks

johnw

I'll check John. I'm just getting to the Ruby chapter now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Woods

Hi Myra,

In his book, did he every mention Ruby as being presented during

Oswald's arrest?

Also, any discussion about the second arrest?

thanks

johnw

Hi Myra,

In his book, did he every mention Ruby as being presented during

Oswald's arrest?

Also, any discussion about the second arrest?

thanks

johnw

I'm sorry John.

I took a break from reading "Conspiracy: The Plot to Stop the Kennedys" to read Mark Lane's "Executive Action," 'cause it's an inter-library loan and can't be checked out for very long.

I'll get back to the "Conspiracy" book in a week or two. Don't hesitate to remind me (in fact I'd appreciate it) if I forget to answer your question within two or three weeks.