The Education Forum

Mario Tauler Sague ("Saul") vs Yuri Moskalev as M.C. Mystery Man

Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered, T-shirt wearing Marine in LHO's photo of same and [EDIT: I now think that it may not be Roscoe with hands-on-hips in the photo, below] that future Dallas cop, Roscoe White, when all three of them were in the USMC.  

Image result for wrist roscoe atsugi

I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was Sague ("Saul"), instead, but do we know what Sague looked like?

I don't think it was Yuri Moskarev for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although he could pass for a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev which is viewable on Mary Ferrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I personally don't see much similarity. Now, to play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev couldn't have been the guy who was recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water, IMO.

Heck, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to.

FWIW,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered Marine in LHO's photo of same and that future Dallas cop (what was his name?). I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was Sague ("Saul"), instead. I don't think it was Yuri Moskarev for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although he could pass as a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev viewable on Mary Farrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I personally don't see much similarity. Now, to play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev couldn't have been the guy recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water, IMO. Hell, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to...

FWIW,

--Thomas

Thomas, there's a Donald O. Norton who supposedly said he was Lee Oswald -- but he's a redhead. John Armstrong has a wealth of info about him, but he won't publish it. Also there's a Ralph Geb who supposedly impersonated Oswald. Do you know anything about them? Please go to: thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com

Starting in Feb or March of 2006, there is some research about both men. I'd like your opinion.

Kathy

Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered Marine in LHO's photo of same and that future Dallas cop (what was his name?). I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was Sague ("Saul"), instead. I don't think it was Yuri Moskarev for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although he could pass as a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev viewable on Mary Farrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I personally don't see much similarity. Now, to play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev couldn't have been the guy recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water, IMO. Hell, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to...

FWIW,

--Thomas

Thomas, there's a Donald O. Norton who supposedly said he was Lee Oswald -- but he's a redhead. John Armstrong has a wealth of info about him, but he won't publish it. Also there's a Ralph Geb who supposedly impersonated Oswald. Do you know anything about them? Please go to: thecloakofdarkness.blogspot.com

Starting in Feb or March of 2006, there is some research about both men. I'd like your opinion.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

When time permits, I'll look into both Norton and Geb. Both names sound familiar in this context. Thank you for being polite and personal...

Thank God someone wants my opinion. (LOL)

--Thomas

Thomas,

Is is certainly not Moskalev. (see below)

James

Hi James,

Thanks for posting the photo of Moskarev. It's the same one I saw on the Mary Ferrell website which led me to the conclusion that he wasn't the M.C.M.M. ...

--Thomas

FWIW In Czech, "moucha" (pronounced moska) means "fly" (as in the insect), so maybe that's what it means in Russian...

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas Graves said:
Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered, T-shirt wearing Marine in LHO's photo of same and that future Dallas cop, Roscoe White, when all three of them were in the USMC. I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was the German Mario Tauler Sague (Hemming's "Saul"), instead, but do we know what he looked like?

I recently looked again at a picture of (reportedly red-haired) Ralph Geb dressed in Army officer's uniform on the Web, and I gotta say I don't think he was the Mystery Man. Sorry. (FWIW, I do consider myself to be pretty good at facial recognition, having found my biological father without knowing his name just by looking through a college yearbook...) Neither do I think Mystery Man was Yuri Moskarev, and for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although I suppose he could pass as a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev viewable on Mary Ferrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I don't see much similarity.

To play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev, a native Russian-speaker, couldn't possibly have been the guy recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water.

Heck, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to.

FWIW,

--Thomas

Modified and bumped...

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 10 months later...
Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered, T-shirt wearing Marine in LHO's photo of same and that future Dallas cop, Roscoe White, when all three of them were in the USMC. I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was Sague ("Saul"), instead, but do we know what he looksed like? I don't think it was Yuri Moskarev for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although he could pass as a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev viewable on Mary Ferrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I personally don't see much similarity. Now, to play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev couldn't have been the guy recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water, IMO. Hell, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to...

FWIW,

--Thomas

If the MMMC is the guy in the USMC photo, his identity should be known.

BK

Personally, I think the Mexico City Mystery Man was the same guy as the hunched-shouldered, T-shirt wearing Marine in LHO's photo of same and that future Dallas cop, Roscoe White, when all three of them were in the USMC. I'm open, however, to the possibility that it was Sague ("Saul"), instead, but do we know what he looksed like? I don't think it was Yuri Moskarev for two reasons. First, Mystery Man doesn't look particularly Russian (although he could pass as a Pole). Second, although the photo of Moskarev viewable on Mary Ferrell's website was taken only 11 years after the photos of Mystery Man were taken in M.C., I personally don't see much similarity. Now, to play Devil's Advocate, the argument that Moskarev couldn't have been the guy recorded speaking bad Russian over the phone to the Russian Embassy/Consulate in M.C. doesn't hold water, IMO. Hell, I speak excellent English, but I can speak it horribly (like a newly-arrived foreigner) if and when I want to...

FWIW,

--Thomas

If the MMMC is the guy in the USMC photo, his identity should be known.

BK

Has the guy in the USMC photo ever been identified? He seems to be the subject of the photograph, doesn't he? Or was LHO sneakily (sp?) taking a picture of Roscoe White instead?

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Tommy, when Bill is done with your tape, may I please borrow it? I'll get it back to you ASAP!

Hey!  Maybe you can cajole Bill into asking whichever museum he evidently gave the one-and-only-copy to ... to,  uh ... give it back to him so that he can give it back to me so that I can lend it to you so that you, too, can mis-transcribe it and put it on your website (without giving me proper credit for having done the darned interview in the first place) and then you can give it to some museum without my... uh ... permission?

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter of this thread.  Except, of course, that in the interview (or perhaps the unrecorded one I did with retired ONI special agent Robert D. Steel about one week earlier -- unrecorded because it was done one week before my friend, Dave "The Wave" Lawson, gave me his deceased father's tape recorder?), Steel implausibly told me that "for the life of" him he couldn't remember where he was when he heard JFK had been shot, and the fact that the photo, below, does happen to be of a bunch of Marines which "branch" of the military, iirc, does fall under the aegis of the ONI, intelligence-wise.

I can't find a photo of KGB agent Yuri Moskalev at the moment, but here's Mario Tauler Sague:

Mario_Tauler_Sague.jpg

Edited by Thomas Graves

22 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Excellent point, Bill!

--  Tommy :sun

Bill Kelly had written:

"If the Mexico City Mystery Man is the guy [who is pointing to himself] in the USMC photo, his identity should be known."

...................................................................................................................................................

Dear Bill,

So you think I might be "really on to something," eh?

Man oh man, if THAT isn't a vote of confidence from the great William Kelly, I guess I don't know what IS!

Thanks, Bill!

Mexico City Mystery Man

SaulMexico3.jpg

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves