The Education Forum

Outstanding Interview With Dr. Robert McClelland

In late 2009, Parkland Hospital physician Robert McClelland was interviewed for 80 minutes on Canadian radio, and the result was a really terrific and informative program, with all kinds of interesting snippets of info being revealed by Dr. McClelland.

IMO, you can take McClelland's "The Mob Did It" conspiracy theories about JFK's assassination and dump them in the nearest trash can, but apart from the doctor's silly conspiracy talk, this interview is extremely good. It is certainly one of the very best interviews that I've ever heard with any of the Parkland doctors.

I've created both video and audio versions of the McClelland interview (linked below):

VIDEO VERSION:

http://YouTube.com/view_play_list?p=AD5061F3D87DB11F

Interview%2BWith%2BDr.%2BRobert%2BMcClelland%2BPlaylist%2BLogo.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

MP3 AUDIO VERSION:

Box.net%2BLogo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

In late 2009, Parkland Hospital physician Robert McClelland was interviewed for 80 minutes on Canadian radio, and the result was a really terrific and informative program, with all kinds of interesting snippets of info being revealed by Dr. McClelland.

IMO, you can take McClelland's "The Mob Did It" conspiracy theories about JFK's assassination and dump them in the nearest trash can, but apart from the doctor's silly conspiracy talk, this interview is extremely good. It is certainly one of the very best interviews that I've ever heard with any of the Parkland doctors.

I've created both video and audio versions of the McClelland interview (linked below):

VIDEO VERSION:

http://YouTube.com/v...D5061F3D87DB11F

Interview%2BWith%2BDr.%2BRobert%2BMcClelland%2BPlaylist%2BLogo.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

MP3 AUDIO VERSION:

Box.net%2BLogo.png

And I agree, any talk about the mob killing JFK is baloney.

What is a medical doctor speculating about such things anyway?

He should stick to what he knows.

Is there a transcript of it?

If you have a transcript, it can be quoted, referenced and archived.

Otherwise its just an entertaining show.

BK

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/

http://jfkcountercoup.wordpress.com/

Admitting that he didn't examine the back wound, claiming that the throat wound was the exit for the back wound, setting the throat wound before the Stemmons sign in Zapruder...he's important as a witness to the head wound, but there's something unsettling about a gossipy doctor on a podcast...

Edited by David Andrews

Guest James H. Fetzer

Egad! I haven't listened to it yet, David Andrews, but does he have anything to say about the back of the head wound? There is a nice copy of it in HEAD SHOT by G. Paul Chambers on page 94 with a note dated January 24, 1994, in which he writes, "Brad, the drawing below is an exact copy, in regard to location and dimensions, of the drawing I made for Josiah Thompson in 1966. Best wishes, Robert N. McClelland". Does von Pein still insist that this massive defect was caused by a shot from behind? The throat shot, as Malcolm Perry, M.D., reported three times during the Parkland Press conference -- the transcript for which appears as Appendix C to ASSASSINATION SCIENCE (1998) -- and cannot possibly be an exit from a wound to the back of the base of his neck, as David W. Mantik, M.D., Ph.D., has demonstrated and as I have reported in "Reasoning about Assassinations", which you can google. It does appear to have hit him just before the limo passes behind the Stemmons Freeway sign. The best discussion of this is Douglas Weldon, J.D., "The Kennedy Limousine: Dallas 1963", in MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA (2000). If von Pein paid more attention to the most important evidence and practiced less special pleading, he might commit fewer blunders--except, of course, that that is his personal modus operandi. He will cite anything that supports his distorted views about JFK.

Admitting that he didn't examine the back wound, claiming that the throat wound was the exit for the back wound, setting the throat wound before the Stemmons sign in Zapruder...he's important as a witness to the head wound, but there's something unsettling about a gossipy doctor on a podcast...

Edited by James H. Fetzer

McClelland says that the rear head wound, as he observed it, was an exit wound...but he puts it temporally immediately after the limo clears the Stemmons sign in Zapruder, and the neck wound before the sign...so I wonder about all the namedropping assassination-related social encounters he relates (John Connally and Carlos Marcello at a party together, e. g.) He makes no mention of any beveling at the edge of the rear wound that would suggest another rear head shot, or a tangential shot a la Doug Horne. He couldn't see a temple wound pointed out to him at Parkland because of all the blood. And, of course, the throat wound is an exit for the back wound. So, a mixed bag of fond slaughterhouse memories, a reclaiming of the disputed rear exit wound, but the SBT supported through assumption.

Edited by David Andrews

Of course there's also the fact (anatomy-wise) that Dr. McClelland, when he was in Trauma Room 1 with JFK on 11/22/63, could not possibly have been LOOKING STRAIGHT DOWN into a wound on JFK's head that was located (per Dr. McClelland) at the FAR RIGHT REAR portion of his head.

Somebody here please explain to me how McClelland could have possibly been LOOKING DOWN INTO any gaping wound in the OCCIPITAL part of JFK's head (as McClelland said he did) when Kennedy was in this exact position on the Parkland stretcher?:

00gJFKAutopsyPhoto.jpg?t=1292193576

In such a prone and FACE UP position, as President Kennedy was certainly in when he was being treated by the doctors at Parkland Hospital, if Dr. Robert McClelland was LOOKING DOWN INTO a gaping wound on JFK's head, he must have been looking down into the wound that was located above JFK's right ear on the RIGHT-FRONT-TOP part of the President's head.

Edited by David Von Pein

Guest Robert Morrow

Of course there's also the fact (anatomy-wise) that Dr. McClelland, when he was in Trauma Room 1 with JFK on 11/22/63, could not possibly have been LOOKING STRAIGHT DOWN into a wound on JFK's head that was located (per Dr. McClelland) at the FAR RIGHT REAR portion of his head.

Somebody here please explain to me how McClelland could have possibly been LOOKING DOWN INTO any gaping wound in the OCCIPITAL part of JFK's head (as McClelland said he did) when Kennedy was in this exact position on the Parkland stretcher?:

00gJFKAutopsyPhoto.jpg?t=1292193576

In such a prone and FACE UP position, as President Kennedy was certainly in when he was being treated by the doctors at Parkland Hospital, if Dr. Robert McClelland was LOOKING DOWN INTO a gaping wound on JFK's head, he must have been looking down into the wound that was located above JFK's right ear on the RIGHT-FRONT-TOP part of the President's head.

There was a gaping wound in JFK's head that extended all the way from his right temple (bullet entry point) to the back of his head (blasting out occipital area - the Harper fragment - which is now missing, intentionally I assume). The bullet came in at angle and split his skull, which you can clearly see on the Zapruder film as it flapped down. That hinged "flap" that was hanging down has been pressed back up a tad at the time of this photo. JFK's would look almost like the wake of a boat. All you have to do is look in one of Robert Groden's book and you can see the graphic photos.

And btw, I do think the Zapruder film is legitimate piece of evidence that, beyond missing a few frames, has not been altered in any way.

Edited by Robert Morrow