The Education Forum

American Security Council

John Dolva

Peter that Right Web site looks good. As I looked at it occured to me how much of our population has almost no historical awareness of the

right wing foundations and think tanks that began thier revolution around 74-75. I think thi is worth sending around, and I will do so.

It is no coincidence that AEI windbag Wiliam Schnieder became the leading campaign comentator on CNN. His comments always help Hillary, and amount to a gift worth perhaps 50 million dollars in addition to the huge advantage she already has.

Oh sorry to take us off the American Security Council topic.

Yeah, that Right site is a find.

Kudos Peter.

And... well, surely this is a coincidence--right?

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1433

American Security Council profile, last updated (Date Posted): November 22, 2003.

This is a coincidence--right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled across this last night re-reading Twyman's Blodddy Treason. Page 545. Amazing!

Twyman states it is from an article (apparently) by the American Security Council dated March 16, 1964, NARA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A political murder instigated by an intelligence service will be planned to approximate the "perfect crime." Every suitable deception and concealment technique will be used. If "imperceptible murder" is not feasible or desirable, one of the following methods is to be used:

a) The assassin is given a cover story or "legend." The assassin, unless he can be reliably hidden, will be destroyed, preferably in such a way that his second murder cannot be traced back to the organizations (for example, he will be slugged by an infuriated cell mate.) c) The assassin will be described as a "loner" and a "psychopath" whose deed was not politically motivated; perhaps he was seeking personal revenge. In many of these undertakings, including the fabrication of "legends" and the manipulation of operatives, the murderer himself may be unaware that he is being maneuvered."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone in contact with Anna Marie Kuhns-Walko who may well have located this at NARA?!

(talk about a 'smoking gun'!).....what kind of paper/article could this have been from?! Please someone near NARA or in contact with Kuhns-Walko help re-locate this....this could be a very important document.

Alternately, if anyone is in contact with Noel Twyman, kindly ask him if he has the full document!

Yes, by all means let's stay on this.

Tho' the date--March 16, 1964--is after the assassination of President Kennedy. Do you think they were slyly describing what already occurred, or describing the next assassination?

I stumbled across this last night re-reading Twyman's Blodddy Treason. Page 545. Amazing!

Twyman states it is from an article (apparently) by the American Security Council dated March 16, 1964, NARA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A political murder instigated by an intelligence service will be planned to approximate the "perfect crime." Every suitable deception and concealment technique will be used. If "imperceptible murder" is not feasible or desirable, one of the following methods is to be used:

a) The assassin is given a cover story or "legend." The assassin, unless he can be reliably hidden, will be destroyed, preferably in such a way that his second murder cannot be traced back to the organizations (for example, he will be slugged by an infuriated cell mate.) c) The assassin will be described as a "loner" and a "psychopath" whose deed was not politically motivated; perhaps he was seeking personal revenge. In many of these undertakings, including the fabrication of "legends" and the manipulation of operatives, the murderer himself may be unaware that he is being maneuvered."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone in contact with Anna Marie Kuhns-Walko who may well have located this at NARA?!

(talk about a 'smoking gun'!).....what kind of paper/article could this have been from?! Please someone near NARA or in contact with Kuhns-Walko help re-locate this....this could be a very important document.

Alternately, if anyone is in contact with Noel Twyman, kindly ask him if he has the full document!

Yes, by all means let's stay on this.

Tho' the date--March 16, 1964--is after the assassination of President Kennedy. Do you think they were slyly describing what already occurred, or describing the next assassination?

I'm not too worried about the date. Could be misdated [even on purpose] or originally written earlier and then redated on copy later or many other things....besides there were other assassinations after that.

Given the importance John and others have brought forward about theh ASC and its

MEMBERSHIP!, this [if it is indeed something they produced at anytime] quite a 'coup' [pun intended]

This quote is a quote at the header of a chapter and is not well referenced. It is defined as I presented it...but really need to know if an ASC document or agency report of ASC or other.

Almost any which way it is stunning...as an obvious plan to do an assassination and hide it. Further, it bears an uncanny resemblance to a historical assassination - or two.

Well if you find out ANYTHING more about this, to help give it context and authentication, please let us know Peter.

• 2 months later...

BINGO BREAKTHROUGH: Carleton S. Coon, Ulius Amoss, R. E. Johnson and Wickliffe Draper...

What a parlay we have here...

John

Without getting into to much detail I see that you brought up Admiral Darlan. Needless to say I have been looking at that case for more years than I like to admit and was surprized to find that John B. Hurt had some very choice words to say about Darlan, all negitive, within some declassified documents that I attained a years or so ago. It appears that our relationship with Darlan, Vichy France and the secrete intelligence societies of France may have been very different than what is recorded in the average history book.

Suffice it to say in recent months I have began to look more closely for reasons why Oswald would have first landed in La Harve, France before backtracking to England and then traveling to Helsinki. My interest was sparked by the words that Hurt used to express his distain for Darlan. I believe the US was more involved in the assassination of Admiral Darlan than most people think.

Remember that the weapon used to assassinate Darlan had been owned by Carleton Stevens Coon who would be Ambassador to Morocco during the Kennedy administration. During WWII, as an OSS operative in North Africa, Coon advocated the creation and training of an assassination squad to be used by the SOE and OSS for sticky political situations. Perhaps by coincidence he was in North Africa at the time of the assassination of Admiral Darlan and it was a pistol that he owned that was used in the assassination. During the late 1950's and early 1960's Coon wrote several noted educational books and papers related to the supremacy of the white/european race. He used his position as an anthropologist to aid in his work as a CIA opperative in the Middle and Near East mapping potential sites for the airforce to use for espionage overflights of the Soviet Union and China (Francis Gary Powers flew from such a site).

So many connections but was Oswald's short visit to France in October of 1959 part of the plan to get him into the Soviet Union with the help of some persons involved in the field of intelligence that were in fact French? Perhaps.

Jim Root

------------------------------

"HUAC" is a long-time misnomer. The official title was: The House Select Committee on Un-American Activities. While much of the "ASC" etc. documents are in the abovementioned repository; the complete collection of ALL materials was held by the now defunct "Subversive Activities Control Board". The "Board" was eliminated just after LBJ signed the FOIA [Freedom of Information/Privacy Act - Title 5, US Code, section 552 et seq.]. ALL efforts to apply FOIA demands upon the files of the "Board" have been thwarted.

Coon was a subordinate to OSS Cairo Chief of Station Colonel Ulius Amoss, who was given deep cover for his assassination schemes via his phony firing by Gen. Bill Donovan. After the war, Amoss founded "ISI" [international Services of Information] based in Baltimore, MD. Within a week of LHO's return from the USSR, he went on the ISI payroll, and was "case officered" by Robert Emmett Johnson.

Chairs,

GPH

---------------------------------

Wait until you hear this one. Carleton S. Coon who worked with both Ulius Amoss and Robert Emmett Johnson, was very heavily involved with both Wickliffe Preston Draper and The Pioneer Fund as a White Supremacist, Race Hygienist and Eugenics proponent. http://comm.colorado.edu/jjackson/research/coon.pdf

And Wickliffe P. Draper was involved with both Dr. Has J. Eysenck and the MKULTRA based H. Smith Richardson Foundation through The Pioneer Fund and his links to THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, Anastse Vonsiatsky.

Quod Est Demonstratum.

NOW DO YOU BELIEVE THAT RICHARD CONDON IN THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE KNEW ABOUT DRAPER AND VONSIATSKY AND MACARTHUR AND WILLOUGHBY AND THURMOND AND MORRIS AND ANGLETON AND FELLERS?

Even George Michael Evica in A Certain Arrogance references former Korean Prisoners of War who had been

brainwashed during their imprisonment. And talks about what Dulles and Wisner did to conceal them.

Do a Google for Draper Asselar Man or Draper Tuaregs and see what you get. Condon wrote about the Tuaregs

in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, too...

Carleton Coon: A Pioneer in Anthropological Literary Genres - 1:46pmCarleton Coon was a pioneer in ptesenting anthro-. pological data and the realities of anthropological ... Even his Viking Fund Medal citation refers to his ...

www.anthrosource.net/doi/abs/10.1525/ahu.1985.10.2.40 - Similar pages - Note this

A Model Approach for Studying Race: Provocative Theory, Sound ...the Pioneer Fund’s latest attempt to “affect public opinion. by publishing material about racial .... to advance racism and begins with Carleton Coon, who ...

www.anthrosource.net/doi/pdf/10.1525/aa.2004.106.1.168 - Similar pages - Note this

[PDF] Preface My Years with the Pioneer Fund by Harry F. Weyher ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

famous anthropologist Carleton Coon in the 1960s. Once some of them (to remain unnamed) ..... are also given in Harry F. Weyher, "The Pioneer Fund, the ...

www.pioneerfund.org/Weyher_pdf.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

[DOC] Curriculum VitaeFile Format: Microsoft Word - View as HTML

John P. Jackson, Jr. Book review of William H. Tucker, The Funding of Scientific Racism: Wickliffe Draper and the Pioneer Fund (Champaign: University of ...

comm.colorado.edu/jjackson/research/Curriculum_Vitae.doc - Similar pages - Note this

[PDF] “In Ways Unacademical”: The Reception of Carleton S. Coon’s The ... - 12:50pmFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

reclusive millionaire who underwrote the Pioneer Fund) and Carleton. Coon. ...... “Carleton Coon: A Pioneer in Anthropological Literary Genres.” Anthro- ...

comm.colorado.edu/jjackson/research/coon.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

The rushton file: Racial comparisons and media passionsorganization with a terrible past" (the Pioneer Fund, a ..... persisted through Carleton Coon and his works on The. Origin of Races in. 1962, and ...

www.springerlink.com/index/KL058PKL12352V08.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

American Renaissance March 2006He was granted Pioneer Fund money to do large-scale testing of black and white twins, which underlined the largely heritable nature of the race difference ...

www.amren.com/ar/2006/03/ - 123k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

TOQ-Raymond Wolters Brown-Vol 5 No 2 - 1:14pmWith funds provided by Wickliffe Draper of the Pioneer Fund, the IAAEE set up .... So did Carleton Coon of the University of Pennsylvania, who “relished the ...

theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol5no2/52-wolters.html - 102k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

[PDF] ace nd cience A Review Essay Assessing the Debates of the 1950s ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

The prominent physical anthropologist Carleton Coon agreed, ..... Gottfredson also accepted grants from the Pioneer Fund, and critics sensed ...

theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol7no2/v7no2_Wolters.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

OUP: UK General CatalogueCarleton Coon on "Race". Science and Society on "Race" After World War II. 18. THE LEGACY OF THE PIONEER FUND. The Promotion of "Scientific" Racism ...

www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780195173512 - 29k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Edited by John Bevilaqua

The American Security Council Gang covered by William Turner

in Power on the Right were the major JFK plotmasters....

Robert J. Morris, Charles A. Willoughby, Ray S. Cline and Jim Angleton

Take it to the bank and book it.... I have been saying this for 15 years now.

ALL FOUR were in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE BY RICHARD CONDON

including Anastase Annie Vonsiatsky who was THE Manchurian Candidate

himself.

And now Col. Ulius Amoss whom Cline succeeded in 1961 as head of the

MKULTRA programmed assassins corps, has been linked back to Draper

of The Pioneer Fund via Carleton S. Coon who worked under Amoss

in North Africa in the OSS and later with Robert E. Johnson a mercenary

specializing in assassinations like Oswald in Baltimore at ISI.

Peter Tomkins and Carleton S. Root were buddies from way back...

Gerry

Welcome back and I appreciate your response to my comments.

Are you familiar with a former OSS agent named Peter Tompkins? I have attempted to contact him in the past without success. In two books that he wrote (one dealing with the assassination of Admiral Darlan and the other that deals with his OSS assignment in Rome) Tompkins mentions several points that seem to associate him with many of the leading CIA types that were in power during the early 1960's.

Tompkins also (in his Darlan book) seems to associate information between the two assassinations (Kennedy and Darlan) that peaked my interst many years ago. When I discovered comments written by NSA employee John B. Hurt that mentioned the assassination of Admiral Darlan I was further intrigued by this event.

You once made a comment while answering a question of mine about Maxwell Taylor,

"I have never heard even a murmur about General Taylor's involvement in ANY plots or schemes reference to unauthorized tasks."

You have also indicated that you have spent alot of time speculating on exactly what happened on Nov. 22, 1963, wondering if anyone you knew were involved in the events of that day (I hope I have read this information correctly).

With that in mind I would like to ask your opinion about some speculations that remain fixed in my mind.

Taylor seems very close to this Italian group during WWII and worked closely with John J. McCloy in negotiations dealing with the surrender by the Italians. I have information that places Taylor in Rome a second time with members of Walker's 3rd Regiment of the FSSF (infiltrating from Anzio) that coincides with information that is in Tompkins book about receiving "crystals" that allowed him to continue sending intelligence to the allies. Tompkins was also involved in North Africa and after the War was OSS Berlin with I believe Helms (?) and Angleton giving Tompkins an interesting perspective on these folks.

Considering Taylor's role in directing post war policy in Germany (along with McCloy) and Taylor's opposisiton to Kennedy's dealings with the Soviets around June of 1963 (in conjunction with McCloy), as well as Taylor's association with Walker, I have speculated that McCloy and Taylor may have been involved in planning the assassination of JFK.

Any thoughts about this possibility?

Jim Root

John

"Carleton Steven Coons, 23 June 1904 - 3 June 1981 -OSS "At Salerno an OSS detachment provided critical tactical intelligence to Darby's Rangers during their defense of the Sorrentino peninsula." Coons account reads like first hand inidcating he was there. The disastrous landing at Anzio followed, where the paths of a number of persons of interest in the events of '63 crossed."

The remnants of Darby's rangers were folded into the FSSF at Anzio and as we know the FSSF ended their existance with Edwin Walker in command.

Another crossed path.

Jim Root

How is this for a Peter Tompkins link to Carleton S. Coon...

Posted by: Loren Coleman on January 24th, 2007

pltompkins-340-ptpicdscn9741.jpg

Hot on the heels of the death of superspy E. Howard Hunt (whose first wife had a magical middle name, Wetzel), now comes word of the passing of a Fortean writer of some note who also was a spy, Peter Tompkins.

Peter Tompkins, 87, a former journalist, World War II spy and best-selling author, died this morning, Wednesday, January 24, 2007, at his home in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

tompkins.jpg

Among those interested in the unknown, Tompkins will be remembered for several books about pyramids and other “mysteries,” the most famous being The Secret Life of Plants. He also had several friends (with varied OSS and other intelligence backgrounds) who were interested and involved in the backstory to the search for the Yeti. His son, Ptolemy Tompkins, once wrote that Tompkins home frequently visited by “Yeti hunters.” I think I know some of those Ptolemy was talking about.

Peter Tompkins was born April 19, 1919, in Athens, Georgia, but spent much of his childhood in Rome after his parents moved there to study art. His father was a sculptor; his mother, a painter. Schooled in France, Italy and Switzerland, Tompkins returned to the United States to attend Harvard College, but left early to become a war correspondent for the New York Herald Tribune and NBC.

pltompkins-140-divo11.jpg

In 1941, Tompkins was recruited by “Wild Bill” Donovan to join the U.S. Office of Strategic Services, the precursor to the CIA. He served as deputy to the chief of psychological warfare during the British-American invasion of north Africa in November 1942, as part of Operation Torch.

Guess who was the head of Operation Torch? None other than someone who was to become one of Tom Slick’s earliest Yeti consultants, Carleton Coon, who was also a friend of Ivan T. Sanderson (who was in British naval intelligence, as was Ian Fleming). Coon was to go on to be a famed professor of anthropology after World War II, who wrote and spoke about Yeti and Bigfoot. Coon died on June 6, 1981, soon after he granted me an interview shortly before his death at his seaside home in Gloucester, Massachusetts.

Within espionage circles Coon’s work for the OSS was legendary. One of the first missions of Donovan’s spy organization was Operation Torch, the invasion of North Africa, and Coon worked with Peter Tompkins. Carleton Coon was in charge of Torch and the affair was such a success that it insured the future of the OSS. OSS’s leadership, who were later connected to the Central Intelligence Group, then the Central Intelligence Agency, would never forget Coon for his contributions to the budding American intelligence community. Tompkins too became linked to spy work for several years and was thought of very highly within the OSS.

With paramilitary, parachute and secret radio training, Tompkins was sent to Salerno in southwestern Italy in 1943 to infiltrate agents into enemy territory. Tompkins spent five months filing intelligence by secret radio and promoting partisan activities before being transferred to Berlin to spearhead OSS activities there. He was OSS Officer in Charge, Rome Area, and after the liberation of Italy moved on to spy in France and Germany. He resigned from the OSS in 1946 and declined to join the CIA, unlike Carleton and the former OSS agent George Agogino who would go on to be associated with the CIA and the Yeti search.

After the war, Tompkins was hired by CSB newsman Edward R. Murrow to cover the 1948 elections in Italy. Later, in 1954, he returned to New York to join CBS-TV as writer-director of hour-long weekly features: “Adventure” and “The American Week.”

Tompkins later wrote mainstream magazine articles and numerous books, including The Secret Life of Plants (written with another shadowy figure, Christopher Bird, with whom he wrote other works), Secrets of the Great Pyramid, Mysteries of the Mexican Pyramids, The Magic of Obelisks, A Spy in Rome and Italy Betrayed.

Here’s hoping Peter Tompkins is solving some of those mysteries now.