The Education Forum
Andy Walker

Barb Junkkarinen's article:A HOLE THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD

On July 5, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Paul Rigby said:

This is unusually funny, for the pictures Hunt presents - taken a mere quarter century apart, but hey-ho - are plainly not the same. As the man said, "cracks don't go away" - but they did in this case!

As for prefering the testimony of the body snatchers of the SS to disinterested observers like Stavis Ellis, what can one say?

And as to the broader question of what this very lengthy nonsense is all about, here's a very plausible explanation:

Fred T. Newcomb & Perry Adams, “The Fifth Shot,” from Chapter 3, “Execution,” within Murder From Within (Santa Barbara, Calif.: Probe, 1974)

(1) Zapruder frame number 330.

(2) Charles Roberts, op. cit., p. 17.

(3) Ellis, loc. cit.

(4) Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt, “Shaneyfelt Exhibit No. 26. ‘FBI report, dated July 17, 1964, concerning investigation into curb mark on Main Street in Dallas,’” in Hearings, v. 21, pp. 472-474.

Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt, “Shaneyfelt Exhibit No. 27. ‘Letter from the FBI to the Commission, dated August 12, 1964, concerning investigation into curb mark on Main Street in Dallas,’” in Hearings, v. 21, pp. 475-477.

Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt, “Shaneyfelt Exhibit No. 29-30. ‘Charts prepared by Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt showing locations of curb mark on Main Street in Dallas,’” in Hearings, v. 21, pp. 478-480.

Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt, “’Shaneyfelt Exhibit No. 34. ‘Piece of curb containing lead markings removed from Main Street in Dallas,’” in Hearings, v. 21, p. 482.

According to Shaneyfelt, “These metal smears [on the curb] were spectographically determined to be essentially lead with a trace of antimony. No copper was found. The absence of copper precludes the possibility that the mark on the curbing section was made by an unmutilated military full metal-jacketed bullet such as the bullet from Governor Connally’s stretcher.” [Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt, “Testimony of Lyndal L. Shaneyfelt [dated Sept. 1, 1964],” in Hearings, v. 15, p. 700.

I am not alluding to fakery but those photos don't match!. The two top cracks are about 43 degrees apart in the HSCA and almost 65 degrees in the White House garage photo. Adjusting  for perspective can spread the HSCA angle out to match the other but then several other cracks are way off.  The Garage photo was taken from the front and if the HSCA photo was taken from inside the limo it might explain this. Can someone tell me the source of the HSCA image?

After doing some experimental photos I found that images taken from the front and rear would have the same distortion in the form of widening angles. Magnification of the lower part of the crack occurs from the front and magnification of the top happens when photographed from the rear but no changes in angles. Then I found the HSCA uncropped photo of the removed windshield and took that angle into account. I also under estimated the angle of the windshield in my first test. After correcting both errors I found the difference in angles between the HSCA and WC photos is exactly what you should expect to see.