The Education Forum

Did Lee Harvey Oswald Order The Rifle? The Answer Is Yes

Face it, Dave, the picture is a phoney. No one can re-create the impossible angle LHO is standing at, especially if the fence is put on the level.

Can't do it, right?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son, a child of the Computer Age, looked at the BYP for about 30 seconds and pronounced, "Photoshopped!". :)

You might have been able to fool the kids 50 years ago but, this bunch nowadays are too sharp too fall for the old tricks.

How does it feel to be on an obsolete, losing team, Dave?

Face it, Dave, the picture is a phoney. No one can re-create the impossible angle LHO is standing at, especially if the fence is put on the level.

What in the world is so impossible about the way Oswald is standing? I see nothing all that unusual about his pose here at all. Just because he's not standing rigid or ramrod straight up and down, you think his posture is physically impossible for a member of the human race? Silly.

So, once again, we're treated to CTers seeing "impossible" things that are far from impossible.

LHO+(Backyard+Picture).jpg

My son, a child of the Computer Age, looked at the BYP for about 30 seconds and pronounced, "Photoshopped!". :)

Well, that does it for me then. I'm throwing in the towel right now. Bob Prudhomme Jr. has declared one of the BY photos to be fake, so nothing more needs to be said about it. Robert Jr. has the final word. Let's stamp it "MARK VII" right now. Thanks so much, Bob. (And Bob Jr.)

Edited by David Von Pein

If it is so easy to stand, leaning over 20° to the right, and bending only at the ankles, why not reproduce this photo for us, Dave?

The CBS/Schiller photo you posted failed dismally at this, and only proved to everyone how impossible this pose is. That man had to keep his legs vertical, and bend at the hip.

Backyard-Photo-Recreation.jpg

Lee-Harvey-Oswald-Backyard-Photo.jpg

P.S.

Note that the man in the CBS/Schiller photo had to place his right foot further back than LHO, presumably to keep him from falling on his butt.

The CBS/Schiller photo you posted failed dismally at this, and only proved to everyone how impossible this pose is. That man had to keep his legs vertical, and bend at the hip.

What a crock of crackpottery you continue to post. The CBS/Schiller man has almost perfectly duplicated Oswald's posture. Very little difference whatsoever. You're seeing (and imagining) things---yet again. Nothing new there, of course.

Some day, DVP's funding will dry up, and we will finally get the last word in. :)

Another example of Bob P.'s vivid imagination working on all eight cylinders. Nice, Bobby.

Edited by David Von Pein

What a crock of crackpottery you continue to post. The CBS/Schiller man has almost perfectly duplicated Oswald's posture. Very little difference whatsoever. You're seeing (and imagining) things---yet again. Nothing new there, of course.

Some day, DVP's funding will dry up, and we will finally get the last word in. :)

Another example of Bob P.'s vivid imagination working on all eight cylinders. Nice, Bobby.

Quote by DVP (David von Braincell?)

"What a crock of crackpottery you continue to post. The CBS/Schiller man has almost perfectly duplicated Oswald's posture. Very little difference whatsoever. You're seeing (and imagining) things---yet again. Nothing new there, of course."

The CBS Schillerman pose is nothing like the supposedly pose of Oswald. As Bob said, Schillerman bends his body at his hips whilst keeping his legs vertical. All we ask, David, is for you to strike the same pose as Oswald , film it and let us laugh when you fall over.

I pass no comment on the funding issue.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

The CBS Schillerman pose is nothing like the supposedly [sic] pose of Oswald.

Yes, it is. The two poses are nearly identical. CBS/Schiller did an excellent job of mimicking Oswald's stance and everything else associated with the famous backyard photo. The re-creation even nails the angled body shadow perfectly---right down to the exact slat on the back fence where the shadow of each man's head falls. The fourth slat from the left. Absolutely perfect....

Backyard-Photo-Recreation.jpgLee-Harvey-Oswald-Backyard-Photo.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

Didn't Marina admit to having taken these photos?

Didn't the HSCA closely examine the photos, and say that they were untouched?

Do some find it surprising that Oswald, a man in police custody for having shot an officer, and who must have known he would also be charged with assassinating JFK would deny that he was the person in the photos, holding the very rifle be used in the commission of that crime? Is it also surprising that given both his predicament and state of mind, that he would have thrown out any possible explanation for those photos, however flimsy and unbelievable (e.g. That they super-imposed his head)?

During interrogations, wasn't Oswald speaking freely on any number of things, with the notable exception of when he would be asked about the rifle, at which point he would refuse to respond, or brush the question aside, entirely?

Edited by Curtis Berkley

One of your disciples, Dave?

This is a favourite LN tactic. Whenever things get a bit sticky, a "new" member chimes in to lend some support. Check out Curtis's profile; "Member since Today 1:33 A.M."

During interrogations, wasn't Oswald speaking freely on any number of things, with the notable exception of when he would be asked about the rifle, at which point he would refuse to respond, or brush the question aside, entirely?

Bingo, Curtis. You are 100% correct.

Also....

"Oswald consciously tried to distance himself from the murder weapon so much that he apparently even went to the following extreme: He and Marina and their daughter June lived at the apartment on Elsbeth Street in Dallas for exactly four months (November 3, 1962, to March 3, 1963), and then moved to the apartment on Neely Street for close to two months (March 3, 1963, to April 24, 1963). However, when he was asked to furnish all of his previous residences since his return from Russia, and the approximate time he lived at each, he gave all of them (including his residences in Fort Worth and New Orleans) with one notable exception. He omitted any reference to the Neely residence, the residence, of course, where he knew his wife had photographed him with the murder weapon in the backyard. He cleverly accounted for the close to two months at Neely by saying he lived seven months (not the actual four) at Elsbeth. And when Captain Fritz, during his interrogation of Oswald, asked Oswald about the Neely address, Oswald flat-out denied ever living there. All of this, of course, shows a consciousness of guilt on Oswald's part." -- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 966 of "Reclaiming History"

Edited by David Von Pein

Bob,

I don't know Curtis. I don't think I've talked to him before (but I could be wrong about that; I've talked to many people about this case over the years). But, anyway, it's nice to see someone else (besides me) with some common sense posting at this forum.

Edited by David Von Pein

Sure, Dave, whatever you say.

I have been wondering something. No matter what time of day or night I check this forum, you are here watching your threads. Can you honestly say this is a hobby, Dave?

One of your disciples, Dave?

This is a favourite LN tactic. Whenever things get a bit sticky, a "new" member chimes in to lend some support. Check out Curtis's profile; "Member since Today 1:33 A.M."

Hi, Robert. I have lurked for a bit, and appreciate your posts.

I saw the new member post while lurking today, submitted the necessary email containing the requisite information, and was approved a few hours later. I assure you that any significance of timing is purely coincidental.

Finally, I don't see where this thread has gotten "sticky", at all, as the issue seems to be a relatively straight-forward one - those are pics of Oswald, standing in his backyard, holding a rifle, just as Marina testified under oath that she had taken.

If you have any evidence, beyond the aforementioned and anecdotal, please present it, as I'd love to know and consider it.

Thanks, again, for the welcome.