The Education Forum

New Book!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum Members,

Part 2 of my conversation with Dr. Jeffery Caufield on Guy Banister and his Ultra-Right affiliations is up this morning.

Enjoy.

Peace,

D.

https://22novembernetwork.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/the-dallas-actionpt-75-fear-and-loathing-on-the-hard-right-the-strange-terrible-saga-of-w-guy-banister-pt-2-with-dr-jeffery-caufield/

ANOTHER FANTASTIC PODCAST DOUG!

This week, Dr. Jeff Caufield appears on your podcast in THE DALLAS ACTION on Spreaker.com to talk more about Guy Banister and his relationship with Joseph Milteer.

What really stands out, as you noted, is Caufield's blockbuster revelation that Jim Garrison himself was a regular attendee at the Citizens Council meetings with Guy Banister -- and was a regular chess partner with Guy Banister.

Guy Banister was behind Lee Harvey Oswald in New Orleans in 1963 -- but Jim Garrison was evidently going to minimize any focus on Guy Banister -- his good friend.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, DOUG!

--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Not 'just another force".

"Organizations such as the minute men for instance, ... There will also be anarchist, pacifist, and quite possibly fascist splinter groups, however, all these, unlike the minute men and communist partisan groups, will be unarmed. .. I intend to put forward just such an alternative.... *[to make this] alternative effective supporters must prepare now in the event the situation presents itself for the practical application of this alternative....In this way the militarist minute men and their narrow support of capitalism have been most far-sighted,"

As stated, I suggest he took this view to the Minutemen and the rest is history.

He clearly saw the Minutemen as 'best' but with failings and he Oswald had the alternative to put them right.

This is excellent, John. Clearly the Minutemen were already known to Oswald, and already central in his political vision when he was in the USSR.

This is to be expected, IMHO, by the typical Marine who only 22 years old at the time.

To bring this back to Jeff Caufield's new book, we must remember that the resigned US Major General Edwin A. Walker in 1963 was a key figure *inside* the Minutemen in Dallas.

In the same way, Guy Banister was a key figure *inside* the Minutemen in New Orleans.

Other people connected to the Minutemen in the South in 1963 were Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Larry Howard.

The Minutemen are a critical component of the Radical Right in 1963 for which Jeff Caufield offers "extensive new evidence" in the murder of JFK.

I also appreciate the fact that Harry Dean, who was a member of the Minutemen in 1963 in Southern California, has contributed to this thread by confirming your perceptions here, John.

Harry Dean also claims that as a Minuteman, he was present at a secret meeting on JBS premises when General Edwin Walker addressed that group in mid-September 1963, and mentioned Lee Harvey Oswald to them -- in the context of Oswald being their Patsy.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Not 'just another force".

"Organizations such as the minute men for instance, ... There will also be anarchist, pacifist, and quite possibly fascist splinter groups, however, all these, unlike the minute men and communist partisan groups, will be unarmed. .. I intend to put forward just such an alternative.... *[to make this] alternative effective supporters must prepare now in the event the situation presents itself for the practical application of this alternative....In this way the militarist minute men and their narrow support of capitalism have been most far-sighted,"

As stated, I suggest he took this view to the Minutemen and the rest is history.

He clearly saw the Minutemen as 'best' but with failings and he Oswald had the alternative to put them right.

This is excellent, John. Clearly the Minutemen were already known to Oswald, and already central in his political vision when he was in the USSR.

This is to be expected, IMHO, by the typical Marine who only 22 years old at the time.

To bring this back to Jeff Caufield's new book, we must remember that the resigned US Major General Edwin A. Walker in 1963 was a key figure *inside* the Minutemen in Dallas.

In the same way, Guy Banister was a key figure *inside* the Minutemen in New Orleans.

Other people connected to the Minutemen in the South in 1963 were Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Larry Howard.

The Minutemen are a critical component of the Radical Right in 1963 for which Jeff Caufield offers "extensive new evidence" in the murder of JFK.

I also appreciate the fact that Harry Dean, who was a member of the Minutemen in 1963 in Southern California, has contributed to this thread by confirming your perceptions here, John.

Harry Dean also claims that as a Minuteman, he was present at a secret meeting on JBS premises when General Edwin Walker addressed that group in mid-September 1963, and mentioned Lee Harvey Oswald to them -- in the context of Oswald being their Patsy.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul -- with respect to this comment by you:

"Harry Dean also claims that as a Minuteman, he was present at a secret meeting on JBS premises when General Edwin Walker addressed that group in mid-September 1963, and mentioned Lee Harvey Oswald to them -- in the context of Oswald being their Patsy."

In your eBook, Harry's recollection of this meeting date is Sunday, September 1st, 1963 around 5:30pm --- not "mid-September 1963".

On a later page of your eBook, Harry refers to the meeting being in "early September"

This is not some "typo" on your part because I have discovered at least a dozen other messages by you (in the Memoirs thread) where you stated that the meeting occurred in "mid-September".

The only other specific September meeting which Harry mentions in your eBook occurred (he says) the following Saturday, September 7th. But according to Harry's recollection, he "stayed in the car" when Guy Galbadon allegedly met Rousselot to obtain $10,000 to finance the assassination of JFK.

Harry also claims in your eBook that "in the first days of October" 1963 he told FBI "Special Agent in Charge" Wesley Grapp about the Walker-Rousselot plot. However, Grapp did not become Special Agent in Charge of Los Angeles until March 1964. In October 1963, Grapp was still working as SAC in Miami FL.

"Harry Dean also claims that as a Minuteman, he was present at a secret meeting on JBS premises when General Edwin Walker addressed that group in mid-September 1963, and mentioned Lee Harvey Oswald to them -- in the context of Oswald being their Patsy."

In your eBook, Harry's recollection of this meeting date is Sunday, September 1st, 1963 around 5:30pm --- not "mid-September 1963".

On a later page of your eBook, Harry refers to the meeting being in "early September"

This is not some "typo" on your part because I have discovered at least a dozen other messages by you (in the Memoirs thread) where you stated that the meeting occurred in "mid-September".

The only other specific September meeting which Harry mentions in your eBook occurred (he says) the following Saturday, September 7th. But according to Harry's recollection, he "stayed in the car" when Guy Galbadon allegedly met Rousselot to obtain $10,000 to finance the assassination of JFK.

Harry also claims in your eBook that "in the first days of October" 1963 he told FBI "Special Agent in Charge" Wesley Grapp about the Walker-Rousselot plot. However, Grapp did not become Special Agent in Charge of Los Angeles until March 1964. In October 1963, Grapp was still working as SAC in Miami FL.

Well, Ernie, with regard to the minor inconsistencies in my internet postings, I sometimes improvise when I'm in a hurry.

My eBook has better dates than my memory -- but even then, Harry Dean and I tried for a long time to fix the dates of these events as far as possible -- and only the FBI can eventually resolve these issues on Thursday 26 October 2017, when the JFK Records Act finally comes to its deadline.

I repeat -- I expect to see on that date a release of FBI records showing:

(1) Full confirmation of Harry Dean's claims that he reported to the FBI all he knew about General Walker, the JBS and the Minutemen with regard to Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1963; and

(2) Full confirmation of Dick Russell's claims that Mrs. Voshinin called the FBI on Easter Sunday 1963 to tell them that Lee Harvey Oswald had been General Walker's would-be assassin on 10 April 1963.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, Ernie, with regard to the minor inconsistencies in my internet postings, I sometimes improvise when I'm in a hurry.

My eBook has better dates than my memory -- but even then, Harry Dean and I tried for a long time to fix the dates of these events as far as possible -- and only the FBI can eventually resolve these issues on Thursday 26 October 2017, when the JFK Records Act finally comes to its deadline.

I repeat -- I expect to see on that date a release of FBI records showing:

(1) Full confirmation of Harry Dean's claims that he reported to the FBI all he knew about General Walker, the JBS and the Minutemen with regard to Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1963; and

(2) Full confirmation of Dick Russell's claims that Mrs. Voshinin called the FBI on Easter Sunday 1963 to tell them that Lee Harvey Oswald had been General Walker's would-be assassin on 10 April 1963.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Won't happen Paul. We now know, with absolute certainty, that your contention (aka fabrication) is absolutely and categorically FALSE for the following reasons:
1. As I pointed out in a recent message, there are only 4 FBI documents left to be released in October 2017.
2. We already know from the release of Harry's HQ and Los Angeles FBI files that there are no serials (or pages) missing, i.e. all the FBI serial numbers are in chronological sequence with no gaps. IF, for example, something had been withheld, then there would have been a "deleted page" notice inserted into the file with an explanatory note stating that the serial was being withheld -- just as other files contain such notices -- especially the JFK-related files.
3. Furthermore, notice the chronological sequence of the NARA document numbers in Harry's FBI files::
Los Angeles: 124-10325-10161 through 124-10325-10220 [There are NO gaps]
HQ: 124-10293-10355 through 124-10293-10377 [There are NO gaps]
In short -- nothing is missing from those either.
Notice the subject codes for each of Harry's files: "10325" for his Los Angeles file and "10293" for his HQ file.
Now continue to point #4 below.
4. Then there is something that is even more revealing.
The four remaining FBI documents which will be released in October 2017 are from some entirely different subject as reflected by their different numerical subject code info i.e.
124-10073-10322
124-10089-10006
124-10089-10011
124-10073-10299
That last document is particularly important Paul because ARRB designated it as "postponed in part". In other words, part of that document had already been released (i.e. some page or pages). This again supports a conclusion that it has nothing to do with Harry because, significantly, there is nothing missing from Harry's FBI files!!
IF one or more pages from a serial in Harry's HQ or Los Angeles file was missing -- THEN you could propose that we wait until October 2017.
5. Finally -- Dr. Caufield's book provides even more falsification of your contention (aka fabrication):
I don't know how far you have gotten into Caufield's book (I am starting chapter 12 this morning) -- but have you noticed all of the instances where Caufield is quoting from FBI documents and he gives the NARA accession number for each document?
Now, please go back and check me out on this:
In instance-after-instance, Caufield quotes from FBI documents that mention individuals who have discussed plans to assassinate Kennedy and their supposed foreknowledge of what was going to happen or who was involved in the plot.
Caufield provides the NARA accession number for many of those documents. Many of those discussions involve people connected to the JBS or Minutemen or Council For Statehood or National States Rights Party, or Congress of Freedom or Constitution Party or other extreme right organizations. And many of them refer to intelligence information acquired from FBI or police department informants such as Willie Somersett.
Obviously, there is NOTHING unique about Harry's story. In fact, Harry's story is VERY vague compared to what Caufield proves beyond any dispute from available documentary evidence!
Nevertheless, Caufield FOUND all those FBI documents because they have already been released!
So, please Paul --- stop pretending that Harry's story is true and you will "discover" the proof in October 2017 from FBI documents.
ADDENDUM
I may be even be able to identify the general subject matters in those 4 FBI documents.
(1) With respect to 124-10089-10011, see:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=145858 --- this is serial #30 from FBI HQ file 105-126129
The Mary Ferrell document (above) is one number different from 10011 (i.e. 10012). Consequently, we can deduce that 10011 is serial #29 from that file.
We also can see that HQ file 105-126129 is about Ruth Hyde Paine.
Does Harry have any connection to Ruth Paine? Of course not. So we can eliminate the two pending 124-10089 documents as pertaining to Harry.
(2) That leaves one subject code, i.e. 124-10073.
The 124-10073 subject code apparently has some connection to New Orleans figures (James Martin aka Edward Suggs) and perhaps also discusses Guy Banister.
Does Harry have any connection to Banister or to New Orleans? Of course not.
So---by a little detective work -- we now know with certainty that there are NO FBI documents re: Harry Dean which remain to be released. Period! End of story! Admit you are wrong Paul!
Edited by Ernie Lazar

Because this subject keeps coming up -- I am copying below a November 2013 article from the Boston Globe re: what JFK-related documents remain to be released in October 2017. Most of the documents originated from CIA or military intelligence.

Because of an error in understanding, one JFK researcher (who was widely quoted) declared that "50,000 pages" of CIA documents remain to be released -- but that conclusion was based upon a false premise which resulted in him calculating 1% of 5,000,000 pages. In reality, nobody connected to the ARRB has ever calculated the number of pages. All that is known is that 1171 CIA documents are pending release.

---------------------------------------------

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/11/25/government-still-withholding-thousands-documents-jfk-assassination/PvBM2PCgW1H11vadQ4Wp4H/story.html

By Bryan Bender GLOBE STAFF NOVEMBER 25, 2013

WASHINGTON — There were the Pentagon’s top-secret reviews of Lee Harvey Oswald, the former US Marine — before and after the assassination. The files about the CIA operative who monitored the alleged assassin and whose knowledge of him was purposely hidden from congressional investigators. The sworn testimony of dozens of intelligence officials and organized crime figures dating back nearly four decades. And the government personnel files of multiple figures officially designated as relevant to the investigation.

The documents, which could amount to tens of thousands of pages, are just some of the collections that government archivists acknowledge have still not been released a half-century after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

As the nation marks the anniversary of JFK’s murder, there is a new push, including lawsuits filed under the Freedom of Information Act, to shake loose these and other classified materials that may shed light on one of the most unsettled debates of modern history: Was the murder of the nation’s 35th president the work of a lone assassin or a conspiracy, and did elements of the US government know about it, or cover it up, or knowingly destroy evidence to prevent other dirty laundry from being aired?

“A lot of questions remain,” said John R. Tunheim, a federal judge in Minnesota who chaired the Assassination Records Review Board, which oversaw the review and disclosure of some five million records related to the JFK assassination in the 1990s. “We only put a few pieces of the puzzle together. Lots of the jigsaw is missing.”

The National Archives and Records Administration, which is tasked with working with the agencies that originally generated the files, reports that some 1,100 distinct documents that Tunheim and his team did not have access to remain shielded from public view.

The so-called 1992 JFK Records Act, the law that established Tunheim’s records review board, stipulated that all the files have to be released by October 2017 unless the president of the United States grants permission to keep them secret — something many researchers fear could happen if there isn’t more public pressure.

“There is no mechanism to implement the JFK Records Act,” said Jefferson Morley, a former Washington Post reporter and author who is suing the CIA to release more documents. The National Archives, he said, “has little leverage with the CIA to release stuff.”

Morley and others advocate an additional step that could help dislodge the remaining JFK assassination materials: allow any former government officials with direct knowledge of the secret records to discuss them publicly without the threat of jail.

“We need to make sure disclosure is legal,” Morley told a conference of JFK assassination researchers at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh last month. “That should be part of the agenda going forward.”

Just like the competing theories of who was responsible for JFK’s assassination — whether pro-communist or anti-communist Cubans; members of the American Mafia; elements of US intelligence; or some murky amalgam of all three — assassination researchers disagree on which of the withheld files could prove most illuminating.

Some believe it is the files on US attempts to launch a coup in Cuba with the help of Castro’s internal opponents in late 1963. Others say it is the files on leading Mafia figures who were previously hired by the CIA to kill Castro but never testified before congressional investigations because they were slain just before they were about to appear.

But there are several categories of files that they agree offer the prospect of bringing into better focus a plot that most Americans believe involved more than Oswald acting alone. Just as importantly, researchers say, the files could clear some individuals or agencies that have been suspected of involvement.

Many assassination researchers believe what is left to be learned just might shed new light on a case that has been picked apart like virtually no other.

Among them are the repeated references to a pair of security reviews that were conducted by the Navy on Oswald, a former Marine who defected to Russia before returning to the United States.

The information is considered by researchers to be critical to understanding what the military discovered about Oswald before and immediately after the assassination.

In the 1990s the Assassination Records Review Board interviewed former military investigators who said they were involved in investigating Oswald. One former official reported that among the findings were that “Oswald was incapable of committing the assassination alone,” according to the board’s final report, issued in 1998 when the congressionally mandated panel expired.

Tunheim said he thought he had been making progress in getting the information. Indeed, the Navy at the time told the board that it had located more than 1,000 cubic feet of documents that might be relevant — including, according to a memo drafted by the review board staff, a box of files that “has to do with defections, both Cuban and Soviet; they plan on turning this box over ‘in toto.’ ”

Soon after, however, the Navy officer tasked with responding to the review board’s requests was removed from her position, and Tunheim confirmed in an interview that his group ultimately received nothing.

A spokesman for the Office of Naval Intelligence told the Globe that the agency does not keep records that old but said he would make additional inquiries. Repeated follow-up calls were not returned.

Yet it is the CIA that remains the major focus of most disclosure efforts by journalists, scholars, and other researchers.

“Most sealed records belong to the CIA,” said Miriam Kleinman, a spokeswoman for the National Archives and Records Administration.

One category of records that researchers are anxious to see are the files related to George Joannides, a CIA officer who came to public light when he served as the agency’s liaison to the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1978, which concluded the president’s death was likely the result of a conspiracy.

But what the CIA didn’t tell the oversight panel was that Joannides had been monitoring Oswald when was living in New Orleans prior to the assassination and was involved with a series of Cuban exile groups with ties to the CIA as well as leftist organizations sympathetic to Castro.

“It really was an example of treachery,” Tunheim said in a recent interview of the CIA’s handling of the Joannides affair. “If [the CIA] fooled us on that, they may have fooled us on other things.”

He called on the agency to make public everything it knows about the Joannides, who is now dead.

“I think they should release them now because they clearly have become relevant to the assassination,” Tunheim said.

The CIA maintains that it has provided all relevant documents to the Archives.

“CIA has followed the provisions of the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act, and the National Archives has all of the agency’s documents and files on the Kennedy assassination,” said CIA spokesman Todd D. Ebitz. “The classified information contained in the files remains subject to the declassification provisions of the act.”

Other withheld records, according to the National Archives, are from the files of several congressional inquiries of the assassination, beginning with a small number of documents from the original Warren Commission investigation that fingered Oswald as the sole suspect.

More are from the so-called Church Committee that investigated CIA abuses in 1975 and in the process stumbled upon several JFK-related revelations, including that the CIA hired the Mafia to assist in his war against Cuban leader Fidel Castro and that the president was sharing the same girlfriend as a leading Mafia figure involved in those plots.

Rex Bradford, who runs the Mary Ferrell Foundation in Ipswich and has digitized more than one million records related to the JFK case, has identified numerous depositions before the Church Committee that are referenced in the panel’s final report but have yet to be made public.

They include the testimony on secret plots to assassinate Castro from CIA officers; Kennedy’s national security adviser, McGeorge Bundy; and the head of the CIA, John McCone.

Also withheld are the panel’s interviews with CIA officials about “JM/WAVE,” the code name for the secret CIA station overseeing covert operations in Cuba that was located on the campus of the University of Miami.

Other still-secret files were compiled in the late 1970s by the House Select Committee on Assassinations, which concluded there was a conspiracy to kill JFK.

“The [withheld] collection includes records from Church Committee and House Select Committee on Assassination — there are records from both series that are withheld either in part or in full,” the National Archives’ Kleinman said in response to Globe queries.

Longtime researchers of the Kennedy assassination assert that the fact that the files remain secret doesn’t mean the government wants to protect those who might have been responsible for the assassination.

“There are plenty of documented reasons that agencies like the CIA, FBI, and Naval Intelligence would cover up material from investigators or other agencies,” said Lamar Waldron, author of several books on the Kennedy assassination. “Some crucial information . . . was covered up for reasons of national security. Other times agencies were hiding intelligence failures that could have embarrassed their organization or even cost some officials their careers. On other occasions, officials were hiding unauthorized operations.”

Still, Waldron and many other researchers believe that what is left to be learned just might shed new light on a case that has been picked apart like virtually no other.

“This is not a fishing expedition,” Morley said. “These are records that we know exist. There isn’t going to be a big smoking gun. But there might be a small one.”

Mark Lane, author of “Rush to Judgment,” one of the first books to question the official narrative that Oswald was the lone assassin, also believes there still could be useful information hidden in government vaults.

“The government says, ‘Oswald did it and did it alone. But we can’t show you everything for national security,’ ” offers Lane. “Which one of those statements is true?”

Bryan Bender can be reached at bender@globe.com.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

We continue to behold Ernie Lazar's old, self-aggrandizing claim that he already KNOWS the content of the FBI's Top Secret documents about the JFK murder.

Puh-leeze!

Edited by Paul Trejo

Getting back to Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, Chapter 4, Joseph A. Milteer and the Plot to Murder the President, Caufield examines Joe Milteer, who is already well-known to most JFK researchers.

The HSCA revived research into Joseph Milteer through the FBI Agent who first reported his findings to the FBI only hours after the JFK murder. That FBI Agent was named Don Adams. The well-known story goes like this: a radically violent member of perhaps every racist group in the South, Joe Milteer, was also being tracked by an FBI informant, Willie Somersett.

Willie Somersett pretended that he was also a racist, so that he could track Milteer for years, and report many facts to the FBI about Milteer. There were many reports, but the most famous is the November 9th, 1963 tape-recorded session when Somersett asked Joe Milteer about JFK (paraphrased below):

SOMERSETT: "They are really going to try and kill him?"

MILTEER: "Oh, yes, it's in the working..."

SOMERSETT: "Well, how in the hell do you figure would be the best way to get him?"

MILTEER: "From an office building with a high-powered rifle..."

SOMERSETT: "Boy, if that Kennedy gets shot...you know that will be a real shake..."

MILTEER: "They wouldn't leave any stone unturned...They will pick somebody up within hours...just to throw the public off..."

Jeff Caufield reproduces the full FBI tape-recording in pages 98-105 in his new book. It's riveting reading. FBI Agent Don Adams was convinced that this was the best lead to investigating the JFK murder, but he was quickly shut down by J. Edgar Hoover's FBI senior staff.

Evidently, Don Adams didn't get the Director's Memo -- there cannot be under any circumstances any evidence presented that there was a *conspiracy* in the murder of JFK; either from the Right or the Left. It had to be a "Lone Nut," who had absolutely "no accomplices who are still at large."

Since Don Adams didn't get that Memo, he tried again and again to research further into Joseph Milteer -- but he was blocked at every turn, until he was convinced finally that his "superiors knew better." There was FBI "evidence," they told him, that Joe Milteer was just a big-mouth, letting of steam, and actually he was nowhere near Dallas on that day.

For years Don Adams forgot about it -- then, one day he saw a photograph in a book by Robert Groden showing a street-scene in Dealey Plaza at the moment that JFK was assassinated. And there -- in glorious black and white -- was the face of Joseph Milteer in the crowd!

At this point Don Adams felt betrayed. His expertise in crime investigation had been trampled by his own team, the FBI, and no further explanation was given to Don Adams. After Don Adams retired, he published a book entitled, From an Office Building with a High-powered Rifle (2012). His anguish over the missed opportunity of finding JFK's murderers haunted him for the rest of his life.

In this chapter, Jeff Caufield provides far more detail about Joseph Milteer than Don Adams was ever allowed to publish. Sadly, in the course of 1967, Willie Somerset also felt the same anguish, and insisted on going public with his knowledge -- with an incomplete understanding of the full portrait. Jeff Caufield writes:

Somersett stated that it was Attorney General Kennedy's fault for not assigning adequate FBI manpower to protect the President in Dallas. Somersett stated that Robert Kennedy was aware of the taped plot but did nothing to prevent the crime. (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, 2015, p. 111)

Reporters after that period attempted to obtain a copy of the Joseph Milteer tape from the FBI, but the FBI denied any knowledge of it.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

"with regard to the minor inconsistencies in my internet postings, I sometimes improvise when I'm in a hurry." - Paul Trejo.

"Necessity is the mother of improvisation." - anon.

"I cannot improvise. It was I who cut down the cherry tree." - George Washington (or maybe not: http://listverse.com/2008/05/15/top-10-famous-historic-misquotes/ ).

We continue to behold Ernie Lazar's old, self-aggrandizing claim that he already KNOWS the content of the FBI's Top Secret documents about the JFK murder.

Puh-leeze!

Well, Paul, tell me where I am wrong. The ARRB published the list of remaining FBI documents by their accession numbers. Those 4 document numbers refer to specific FBI files -- right? And you can search online to determine if those accession numbers correspond to any files already released -- right?

I found the exact file for 2 of the accession numbers (the subject code corresponds to serials from the Ruth Paine file). The other two documents have accession numbers whose subject code corresponds to something pertaining to New Orleans/Banister/Jack Martin --- so unless you have some specific knowledge that contradicts what I have presented -- then WHERE do you think those "Top Secret" documents exist -- but the ARRB did not list them?

Actually, if you think about it for a second (without sarcasm or arrogance), it is YOU (not me) that pretends to know something that escapes all other researchers. Most of the rest of us rely upon verifiable factual evidence or, at a minimum, clues from specific data which allows us to make a reasonable assumption. But EVERY avenue that exists to determine what remains to be released seems to be unimportant to you. You prefer your own fevered imagination to actual factual evidence.

By the way -- that ARRB list of all JFK-murder-related documents was published in the Federal Register on October 18, 1996. It summarized the final decisions of the Board concerning what documents could legitimately be postponed. Some documents on that list were released in 1997; others were released in 2007 and the last group are scheduled for October 2017. However, if you read the final ARRB Report, you will notice that the Board discusses the number of times which the FBI attempted to convince the Board to not release certain information from its files. You will also notice that in almost every instance, the Board rejected the FBI argument. The FBI often appealed those decisions but the Board, upon reconsideration, rejected the FBI appeal. In short, that is why there are only FOUR FBI documents left to be released, i.e. because the FBI was not successful in preventing release of information because the ARRB wanted the greatest possible transparency.

You have never in all these years explained why Harry Dean's story was so allegedly unique, i.e. what quality there is about his purported brief summary about "the JBS plot" that would qualify for decades of suppression whereas virtually identical information (even information referring to the JBS or JBS-connected individuals) was, nevertheless, released 25 or 30 years ago! In fact, given your theory, why were Harry's FBI HQ and Los Angeles files released 20 years ago without redaction? Why weren't they entirely withheld?

Former Special Agent Wes Swearingen probably summarized it best. The information which Harry claims that he told Special Agent in Charge Grapp in Los Angeles sometime in 1963 (which, according to Harry's story, even Grapp totally dismissed) contained nothing whatsoever that was credible. As Swearingen pointed out, it is "preposterous" to believe that Grapp "drove around" with Harry.

What is particularly odd about this entire matter is this: you have a Master's degree in the Humanities -- am I correct? How is that possible when you have such contempt for factual evidence?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Getting back to Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, Chapter 4, Joseph A. Milteer and the Plot to Murder the President, Caufield examines Joe Milteer, who is already well-known to most JFK researchers.

The HSCA revived research into Joseph Milteer through the FBI Agent who first reported his findings to the FBI only hours after the JFK murder. That FBI Agent was named Don Adams. The well-known story goes like this: a radically violent member of perhaps every racist group in the South, Joe Milteer, was also being tracked by an FBI informant, Willie Somersett.

Willie Somersett pretended that he was also a racist, so that he could track Milteer for years, and report many facts to the FBI about Milteer. There were many reports, but the most famous is the November 9th, 1963 tape-recorded session when Somersett asked Joe Milteer about JFK (paraphrased below):

SOMERSETT: "They are really going to try and kill him?"

MILTEER: "Oh, yes, it's in the working..."

SOMERSETT: "Well, how in the hell do you figure would be the best way to get him?"

MILTEER: "From an office building with a high-powered rifle..."

SOMERSETT: "Boy, if that Kennedy gets shot...you know that will be a real shake..."

MILTEER: "They wouldn't leave any stone unturned...They will pick somebody up within hours...just to throw the public off..."

Jeff Caufield reproduces the full FBI tape-recording in pages 98-105 in his new book. It's riveting reading. FBI Agent Don Adams was convinced that this was the best lead to investigating the JFK murder, but he was quickly shut down by J. Edgar Hoover's FBI senior staff.

Evidently, Don Adams didn't get the Director's Memo -- there cannot be under any circumstances any evidence presented that there was a *conspiracy* in the murder of JFK; either from the Right or the Left. It had to be a "Lone Nut," who had absolutely "no accomplices who are still at large."

Since Don Adams didn't get that Memo, he tried again and again to research further into Joseph Milteer -- but he was blocked at every turn, until he was convinced finally that his "superiors knew better." There was FBI "evidence," they told him, that Joe Milteer was just a big-mouth, letting of steam, and actually he was nowhere near Dallas on that day.

For years Don Adams forgot about it -- then, one day he saw a photograph in a book by Robert Groden showing a street-scene in Dealey Plaza at the moment that JFK was assassinated. And there -- in glorious black and white -- was the face of Joseph Milteer in the crowd!

At this point Don Adams felt betrayed. His expertise in crime investigation had been trampled by his own team, the FBI, and no further explanation was given to Don Adams. After Don Adams retired, he published a book entitled, From an Office Building with a High-powered Rifle (2012). His anguish over the missed opportunity of finding JFK's murderers haunted him for the rest of his life.

In this chapter, Jeff Caufield provides far more detail about Joseph Milteer than Don Adams was ever allowed to publish. Sadly, in the course of 1967, Willie Somerset also felt the same anguish, and insisted on going public with his knowledge -- with an incomplete understanding of the full portrait. Jeff Caufield writes:

Somersett stated that it was Attorney General Kennedy's fault for not assigning adequate FBI manpower to protect the President in Dallas. Somersett stated that Robert Kennedy was aware of the taped plot but did nothing to prevent the crime. (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, 2015, p. 111)

Reporters after that period attempted to obtain a copy of the Joseph Milteer tape from the FBI, but the FBI denied any knowledge of it.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

There is nothing particularly noteworthy about Milteer "predicting" that a potential assassin would use a high-powered rifle from a tall building. The Secret Service has always considered that to be the most likely option which any assassin would use. Furthermore, a few weeks prior to JFK's murder one of his White House assistants discussed that as being the most likely possibility and Kennedy himself once made a similar comment.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

For those following the release of the documents, a number of us "document geeks" have looked into it at length including extended discussions with the folks at NARA. I'm afraid Ernie is much more accurate in his expectations than Paul is...at this point most truly new information is coming from FOIA activities in areas outside the JFK collection - if anyone thinks the government has secretly held the real truth about the assassination in its collections of documents and will release that in 2017 - well it would be nice but...

Now that the book is moving into Milteer and Sommersett it should be interesting since Stu and I researched both extensively in our work on the King assassination.....going well beyond 1963 and beginning when the FBI was working with Sommersett to sting a rifle deal in Miami for a weapon to be used on King. It was at that time that Sommersett became suspected within the ultra right community - though JB Stoner - as an informant.

For starters I surely hope the book will put to bed the urban legend that the Milteer remarks were not reported to the Secret Service by the FBI; they most certainly were and those documents exist. The problem was that in his ramblings Milteer mentions an attack in DC (he also expresses a willingness to help folks blow up the Supreme Court) the report went to the SS DC protection file...and since the SS seems unable to have comprehended that a theat in one location could actually be relevant to another, the WHD would not have found the Milteer report in a search related to cities in Texas for the Texas trip.