The Education Forum

Latest update on CAPA November Conference in Dallas

I checked with the Museum and they do hold the materials in question - specifically the Dallas County District Attorney's Jack Ruby Trial Collection.  Judge Brandon Birmingham, Criminal District Judge in Dallas County and a former Dallas County prosecutor facilitated the loan of District Attorney Henry Wade's prosecution file for the Jack Ruby trial. The materials were presented to The Sixth Floor Museum on loan in 2017.

They are not online but are available to any researcher on request; the Museum requests two weeks notice to assemble them and prepare them for viewing.

The collection is described in the Museum’s Finding Aid.  It has not been digitized yet other than a sample of some 24 items that can be accessed on line at this link:

https://emuseum.jfk.org/collections/16831/dallas-county-district-attorneys-jack-ruby-trial-collection;jsessionid=C53735DF9EFF0E6E6CD3DDA2A3682F2C

The archivist tells me that the plan is ultimately to make the entire collection accessible from their online collections page.

Fort those really  interested in these documents (which is not me since I looked at them years ago when the DMN had them up) I've had a couple more exchanges with the Museum archivist who is very helpful.  She wanted me to be clear that the Museum got its paper copies from the Dallas Country DA's Office - not the Dallas Morning News.  To research the DMN holdings or to pursue where the pdfs might have gone, you should contact the DMN archivist who is  Erin Sood,  her email is esood@dallasnews.com