The Education Forum

Apollo 11 Moon Photo Hoax Evidence

Jack White

To me, that seems like a reasonable explaination.

After all, if there were a second light source, why wasn't ALL of the areas indicated lit?

If you look at the photo, the "additional" lighting is more likely being reflected by Armstrong's suit, etc.

I'd have to take a closer look at it, but I did notice the "additional" lighting comes from about where Armstrong was standing. The other areas on the side are not lit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an additional image of interest located on the Aulis.com website.

It shows a SINGLE FOOTPRINT atop a trail of other prints at a RIGHT ANGLE

to the trail. This is a highly unlikely happenstance.

Jack ;)

Captain Jack continues to sail the good ship MISDIRECTION on its erratic course. You should look closer at the images you post, and where possible get a hi-res image. Using low-res images can lead to errors.

If you ever want any help in locating and / or interpreting images, Jack, I am more than happy to assist you.

Firstly, the image shown is a low-res B&W copy of AS11-40-5874. The next frame, AS11-40-5875, is very similar and was taken immediately after the first shot (MET 110 hrs 10 mins 33 sec).

The hi-res colour version is available at

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/as11-40-5875HR.jpg

Now, I've cut a section of that hi-res photo out to paste here. If you look where I have indicated with the red arrows, you'll see other footprints made at right angles to the main prints.

Again, no mystery, no anomolies, and as always - CHECK FOR YOURSELF!

Edited by Evan Burton

Why the lack of hassleblad images with the gold visors up? Surely, a photo showing your face while on the moon would be an important record of each astronauts's mission? This is true of all missions, not just Apollo 11 by the way.

To date, the only other "visor up" image I can find is a video frame of Cernan from Apollo 17. Please post a hassleblad image of any astronaut with his visor up if you can. I'd love to see one.

Is it possible that an error was realized after these very first photos were taken? That is, exposure to the harsh conditions on the moon would not be possible using just the glass of the helmet alone? The gold visors were essential barriers to the conditions on the moon.

Why the lack of hassleblad images with the gold visors up? Surely, a photo showing your face while on the moon would be an important record of each astronauts's mission? This is true of all missions, not just Apollo 11 by the way.

To date, the only other "visor up" image I can find is a video frame of Cernan from Apollo 17. Please post a hassleblad image of any astronaut with his visor up if you can. I'd love to see one.

Is it possible that an error was realized after these very first photos were taken? That is, exposure to the harsh conditions on the moon would not be possible using just the glass of the helmet alone? The gold visors were essential barriers to the conditions on the moon.

Interesting points!

I know that it was standard to have the gold visor down. I'll look up some sources for the detailed explanation of why that was.

The visor did, however, affect the colour of what they were seeing. I remember when they found the 'orange soil' on Apollo 17, they needed to bring the visor up to ensure they were not getting some type of illusion.

That would probably explain why Armstrong had his visor up. He wanted an unadulterated view to describe what he was seeing.

Other images with them up? I'll search around and see what I can find, but I think you are right in saying there are very few.

I'll get back to you.

Interesting points!

I know that it was standard to have the gold visor down. I'll look up some sources for the detailed explanation of why that was.

The visor did, however, affect the colour of what they were seeing. I remember when they found the 'orange soil' on Apollo 17, they needed to bring the visor up to ensure they were not getting some type of illusion.

That would probably explain why Armstrong had his visor up. He wanted an unadulterated view to describe what he was seeing.

Other images with them up? I'll search around and see what I can find, but I think you are right in saying there are very few.

I'll get back to you.

It seems the gold visor was used to protect against sun glare, UV rays, and to help reduce heat buildup. It was normally raised when the astronauts were working in a 'shadow' area, but otherwise worn down.

Here are some references about its construction:

http://www.myspacemuseum.com/leva.htm

http://www.apollosaturn.com/Lmnr/cpe.htm

I still haven't got around to look for images, as yet. Net problems have meant a slow day.

• 1 month later...

Interesting points!

I'll get back to you.

It seems the gold visor was used to protect against sun glare, UV rays, and to help reduce heat buildup. It was normally raised when the astronauts were working in a 'shadow' area, but otherwise worn down.

Here are some references about its construction:

http://www.myspacemuseum.com/leva.htm

http://www.apollosaturn.com/Lmnr/cpe.htm

I still haven't got around to look for images, as yet. Net problems have meant a slow day.

Someone has kindly trawled through the images and found some examples where the gold visor is up:

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-143-21941.jpg

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/as17-146-22294.jpg

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/as17-146-22296.jpg

To get the High Resolution images, simply add "HR" after the last digit in the photo number (immediately before the .JPG).

Thank you Johnno and Kalle!

Guest Stephen Turner

As i know next to nothing about this subject,please excuse me if this is

rubbish. Given the intensity of the space race,& the cold war in general

surely the Soviets tracked these flights, just to make sure.

I find it hard to belive that they would not have,"Shouted the house down"

if they had any evidence of fakery. Just a thought.

You are quite right. The USSR monitored all the flights closely. They found nothing amiss.

Guest Stephen Turner

You are quite right. The USSR monitored all the flights closely. They found nothing amiss.

Thanks Evan.

People forget just how PARANOID the 60's were. each side watching the other

like a Hawk. Ican remember watching the moon landings with my dad.(I was

very young), one of the great moments of the 60's.