The Education Forum

Could it be?

I was checking out the wonderful photograph that Lee Forman secured which shows some of the crowd crossing the grassy area of Dealey Plaza about 2 minutes after the shooting.

I am wondering if the two gentlemen on the right in the comparison below are the same individuals who were positioned at the corner of Main and Houston?

James

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I'm sure these guys stayed at Main and Houston, shielded by the monument, till after the shooting, not because they were afraid of any stray bullets from the TSBD or Dal Tex, as shooters there would be firing down at the limo, with misses only hitting the street, but rather they didn't want to risk stray bullets from the grassy knoll, as those shots were more horizontal and more apt to hit bystanders. Better safe than sorry.

Ron

Thanks Jack and Ron.

These guys are moving towards the grassy knoll area and not the TSBD so if we do indeed have Rip Robertson and friend here, that speaks volumes about a shooter positioned behind the fence. I'm sure his exposed location would have been of some concern to the plotters and our friends are on their way to make sure everything was okay.

I find it curious that none of the extant photographs snapped on the knoll and behind the fence after the shooting show these men. If it wasn't for Lee Forman securing the main image we would not even have this tantalizing morsel.

James

Edited by James Richards

James, have you ever identified the man with Rip Robertson? Is it possibly Gordon Campbell, David Morales’ long-term assistant? I have never been able to find a photograph of Campbell. However, in Deadly Secrets (Warren Hinckle and William Turner) Campbell was described in 1962 as being a “tall man with close-cropped silvering hair and a military bearing”. At this time Campbell was in charge of the marine branch at JM/WAVE and therefore was in charge of raids on Cuba.

Campbell is rumoured to have been with David Morales in the Ambassador Hotel on the night that Robert Kennedy was murdered.

James, have you ever identified the man with Rip Robertson? Is it possibly Gordon Campbell, David Morales’ long-term assistant? I have never been able to find a photograph of Campbell. However, in Deadly Secrets (Warren Hinckle and William Turner) Campbell was described in 1962 as being a “tall man with close-cropped silvering hair and a military bearing”. At this time Campbell was in charge of the marine branch at JM/WAVE and therefore was in charge of raids on Cuba.

Campbell is rumoured to have been with David Morales in the Ambassador Hotel on the night that Robert Kennedy was murdered.

Hi John,

I originally thought the guy with Robertson was Tracy Barnes but I have gone somewhat cold on that idea. I don't think it is Campbell either. I managed to scrounge a small grainy image of him which I am unable to scan at the moment but it doesn't look like our guy in Dealey Plaza.

One guy I would like to secure an image of is Tony Sforza who worked closely with Morales.

As a point of interest and as food for thought, our mystery man does bear some similarity to Edwin Wilson who David Morales and Rip Robertson knew very well.

FWIW.

James

I originally thought the guy with Robertson was Tracy Barnes but I have gone somewhat cold on that idea. I don't think it is Campbell either.

Is John Paisley a possibility?

Ron

I originally thought the guy with Robertson was Tracy Barnes but I have gone somewhat cold on that idea. I don't think it is Campbell either.

Is John Paisley a possibility?

Ron

These are what I call the Sweep teams.

The Rip Robertson character is a strong match.

Are these the two guys walking by the EMMETT HUDSON position as the crowd gathered on the curb?

Edited by Shanet Clark

Are these the two guys walking by the EMMETT HUDSON position as the crowd gathered on the curb? (Shanet Clark)

Hi Shanet,

I am not sure which two guys you refer to, but I am suspicious of these two suits I have cropped from a Jim Murray image (below). This action was about 9 minutes after the shooting. Might this be Robertson and friend?

In the background glancing their way is (IMO) the Oswald double who was positioned on the 6th floor of the TSBD.

FWIW.

James

I think I may have who Rip Robertson's friend is - John Adrian O'Hare aka Colonel William Bishop.

The comparison below is not going to convince anyone but it's all I have at the moment. A friend of mine has a good front on photograph of O'Hare and I have to say the resemblance to our man in Dealey Plaza is remarkable.

That aside, O'Hare does makes sense. He was connected to Military Intelligence and was well associated with prominent Cuban exiles like Veciana and Masferrer. He also knew Leopoldo and Angel.

In Dick Russell's 'The Man Who Knew Too Much', Bishop/O'Hare claimed he was waiting at the Trade Mart for Kennedy's arrival when he heard about the shooting. He then proceeded to Parkland hospital. I guess he isn't going to say that he was in Dealey Plaza standing next to Rip Robertson.

Anyway, more food for thought.

James

James,

I figure this guy, walking ahead of Conein, must be one of the spooks too. Edwin Wilson?

wilsonlook.jpg

In the background glancing their way is (IMO)  the Oswald double who was positioned on the 6th floor of the TSBD.

James,

According to Armstrong's two-Oswald theory as impressively set forth in Harvey and Lee, the double on the 6th floor was Lee Oswald. That could well be him in the photo. (Armstrong also thinks it was Lee Oswald looking out the window in the Dillard photo.)

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

James,

According to Armstrong's two-Oswald theory as impressively set forth in Harvey and Lee, the double on the 6th floor was Lee Oswald. That could well be him in the photo. (Armstrong also thinks it was Lee Oswald looking out the window in the Dillard photo.) (Ron Ecker)

Hi Ron,

I have no problems with the 2 Oswald scenario (Harvey and Lee) as laid out by John Armstrong, right up until about the September 1963 period.

I think the man in the cropped Murray image above was one of the Oswald impersonators specifically employed to help with the frame, not Lee.

This subject is probably better suited as a thread on its own.

Cheers,

James