The Education Forum

The Road Signs

These documents are from a 20+ year old draft manuscript which has been packed away.

Although I will continue to stand firmly on only a single/lone assassin, I am hardly unaware of the obfuscation of the factual evidence by the WC, in the assassination of JFK.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

Page 3/ The Road Signs

But, you already knew about this didn't you David?

Reference the street lamps.

On my first visit to Dealy Plaza in November, 1990, I found that the street lamps were still located directly adjacent to the street curb. However, each of these lamps had been moved a distance of approximately 18 inches from their original location. (those street lamps on the Zapruder side of the street)

The concrete patchwork where the old lamp base and conduit had been located could still be seen at this time.

Years later, the lamps took a giant leap and moved back up onto the grassy slope.

Therefore, a visitor today has little hope of orienting certain items.

However, I am not certain as to whether the concrete curb and gutter has been replaced. If not, the construction joints are an item of fixes position which are present in many photographs of each side of Elm St.

Better hurry, Ford & Specter could have the streets torn up soon if they were aware of concrete curb & gutter construction joints.

Tom

Reference the street lamps.

On my first visit to Dealy Plaza in November, 1990, I found that the street lamps were still located directly adjacent to the street curb.  However, each of these lamps had been moved a distance of approximately 18 inches from their original location. (those street lamps on the Zapruder side of the street)

The concrete patchwork where the old lamp base and conduit had been located could still be seen at this time.

Years later, the lamps took a giant leap and moved back up onto the grassy slope.

Therefore, a visitor today has little hope of orienting certain items.

However, I am not certain as to whether the concrete curb and gutter has been replaced.  If not, the construction joints are an item of fixes position which are present in many photographs of each side of Elm St.

Better hurry, Ford & Specter could have the streets torn up soon if they were aware of concrete curb & gutter construction joints.

Tom

Bizarre coincidence Tom - I was posting on part of that very same subject on Dolva's thread about the vegetation.

I examined the curb 2 weeks ago, in the area beyond Hill, by where Charles and Joe Brehm were standing. I couldn't say one way or another if there was damage, or if the section of the curb had been replaced - and I'll admit to not being qualified to know. Too bad I didn't take some photos, but honestly, I didn't see anything worth photographing there - whereas the area of the curb by Main street, which was cut out and patched - still appears to have been patched, and is crumbling. I brought along a tape measure and some measurements, so that I could be a bit more precise - but I left the measurements in the rental - so just did an estimate. Here's the curb on Main, where I was guestimating the section was removed. I took 3 photos prone from this location back towards the TSBD and DalTex.

Maybe next visit I'll take a few photos of the curb on Elm. It's difficult, because if you want to stand in the street, those Dallas drivers will run you right over.

- lee