The Education Forum

Warning to Jimmy Carter.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Tim wrote.

So what were their real names and who hired them to shoot at Carter and then give false names? Does this make any sense? And did the police ever discover that their names were fake?

Tim, this is what we are trying to do at the minute,give us some time buddy.

I started the thread by saying that the whole scenario sounded strange,but as Jack has shown it was reported at the time. Steve.

Edited by Stephen Turner

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do take your time, Stephen. My point is that it should not be taken as some CIA warning to Carter ("We got JFK; we can get you too, buddy") without evidence the names were fake.

I do agree that, unless there is indeed more to the story than meets the eye, the names are a bizarre coincidence. But it strikes me as similar to the coincidences of names, etc. between the Lincoln and Kennedy assassinations. I don't suppose you think LBJ put Ford on the WC because Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre? Or that Kennedy was shot because his secretary's name was Lincoln? Or that Rose Cheramie was selected to be given advance knowledge of the assassination because her first name was the same as that of Nixon's secretary?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Guest Stephen Turner
Do take your time, Stephen.  My point is that it should not be taken as some CIA warning to Carter ("We got JFK; we can get you too, buddy") without evidence the names were fake.

I do agree that, unless there is indeed more to the story than meets the eye, the names are a bizarre coincidence.  But it strikes me as similar to the coincidences of names, etc. between the Lincoln and Kennedy assassinations.  I don't suppose you think LBJ put Ford on the WC because Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre?  Or that Kennedy was shot because his secretary's name was Lincoln?  Or that Rose Marie Cheramie was selected to be given advance knowledge of the assassination because her first name was the same as that of Nixon's secretary?

Tim, I agree I shall proceed with due caution,many pitfalls await the unwary researcher in this case. Lets just see where, if anywhere, this leads...Steve.

Eureka! I've got it!

It's the CIA's version of the Shirley Ellis hit: "The Name Game" (vintage 1965):

The name game. Shirley! Shirley Shirley Bo Birley. Banana Fanna Fo Firley. Fe Fi Mo Mirley. Shirley. Lincoln!

Notice how subtly the CIA inserted the model of the vehicle in which Kennedy was assassinated into that popular song! It was merely a precursor to the CIA's "warning" to Carter.

It just took the CIA years to find men with names like Oswald and Henry and program them to shoot at a president. I understand from my inside sources the CIA had four agents working full-time finding these guys! (CIA never could find a suitable Oswald (Robert would have been too obvious) so they finally had to settle for this Oswaldo character.)

Edited by Tim Gratz

Dawn wrote:

I am pretty sure it's even online. It's an article by Jim DiEugenio called "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy".

Dawn you surely must know I am a vociferous reader.  Not only have I read that essay (at least a year ago), I even have a printed hard copy in my files.

I asked for your OPINIONS on this article. But you don't answer questions, you just twist serious threads and turn them into nonsense, like saying someone named Russel- or two l's -did "Give Peace a Chance."

It's what you do Tim. And there is NO "humor" in what you "do" here.

My only question is: are you paid for this? But I do NOT expect an answer, any more than you will ever answer the question that has been posed to you several times now, asking if you were disbarred due to dirty tricks for the Republican party.

If you were not, why do you just AVOID this question????

You say you reported Segretti to Karl Rove......kinda like a fox guarding the chicken coop.

So, these are not questions I expect you will answer Tim.

Your purpose here is so transparent that a 10 year old could see through you.

You have NO interest in solving this case, only to mislead, and spread falseness. IMHO. That you HAVE read so much on this case and still write such nonsence about Castro is proof, to me and most of the rest of this forum that you KNOW better, but have an ulterior motive.

So I have nothing more to say to you on any matter.

I would like to point out that this began as a serious thread on an alleged threat to the life of President Carter, after he made a comment about this country not being right until we go all the way back to the assassination of JFK. Gratz came along and turned it into nonsense. Very methodically, with trying to say the use of the alleged names of the assassins was a "coincidence", then silly comments about his job at a car dealership, then songs: So what if Leon Russell SANG "Give Peace a Chance??? I think this qualifies as "hijacking".

Dawn

Eureka!  I've got it!

It's the CIA's version of the Shirley Ellis hit: "The Name Game" (vintage 1965):

The name game. Shirley! Shirley Shirley Bo Birley. Banana Fanna Fo Firley. Fe Fi Mo Mirley. Shirley. Lincoln!

Notice how subtly the CIA inserted the model of the vehicle in which Kennedy was assassinated into that popular song!  It was merely a precursor to the CIA's "warning" to Carter.

It just took the CIA years to find men with names like Oswald and Henry and program them to shoot at a president.  I understand from my inside sources the CIA had four agents working full-time finding these guys!  (CIA never could find a suitable Oswald (Robert would have been too obvious) so they finally had to settle for this Oswaldo character.)

Ha HA HA, precisely the point I was just trying to make.

What a sense of humor you have Mr Gratz!!

And when did the assassination of JFK become such an area of HUMOR for you??

Dawn

Tim wrote:

...you surely must know I am a vociferous reader.

I concur. Pity you're not also a voracious reader.

Your vocabulary truly underwhelms me...and you have degrees from exactly which esteemed institutions of higher learning?

Tim wrote:

Touche here, Mark! I meant voracious, of course. You score here!

Of course...and I'm merely the product of the highly-maligned US public education system. I merely paid attention in class.

[And in fairness, Tim, I'd give you much more than mediocre marks on your mastery of alliteration.]

Now...has anyone found any further information on the disposition of this alleged case of conspiracy to assassinate Carter?

Well, Mark, lest anyone have a heart attack, I agree with you here that we should get back to the original subject of the thread!

Thanks for the grade on alliteration. I have always felt that a little alliteration was in order.

(I understand Mark Felt, the subject of a different thread, is no longer the most astute mentally but I cannot help but wonder whether, when he was, Felt felt a little alliteration was appropriate?)

Edited by Tim Gratz

Your sense of humor brings to mind that extraterrestrial from the long-deceased but little-lamented televison program, Alf:

["HA-HA! I KILL ME!"]

Now...about the alleged assassination attempt on the life of the president who was previously a peanut producer and purveyor from Plains...

Guest Stephen Turner
Your sense of humor brings to mind that extraterrestrial from the long-deceased but little-lamented televison program, Alf:

["HA-HA!  I KILL ME!"]

Now...about the alleged assassination attempt on the life of the president who was previously a peanut producer and purveyor from Plains...

Mark, I am attempting to contact,at Ron's suggestion, Stryker McGuire, who wrote the original report in 1979, so far I have had little luck, If I manage to speak with him I will let you know what he remembers. Does anyone have any further information on the two would be assassins, Ray Lee Harvey,& Oswaldo Ortiz. ( Although I suspect they may be false names :lol: )

Let's get real conspiratorial.

Has anyone mentioned before that Mr. Harvey's first name is the last name of the man convicted of killing Martin Luther King, Jr?

I've been spending too much time on the Forum; I remain convinced the people who are asserting this theory would be, if they were dogs, barking up the wrong tree.