The Education Forum

Dolva: Harry Holmes

"No More Silence" Larry Sneed...

B.

Thank you Bernice.

I assume we then have Harry's handwriting there as well now.

I like the backyard, picket fence theme.

He retired in late sixties and within a few years the USPO no longer existed. Replaced with the USPS and the removal of the Postmaster General from the traditonal Cabinet position.

Pity. Where have all the records gone, long time passing. Perhaps they still exist somewhere. The Dallas-Washington-New Orleans Postal Inspector records, if could be got at could be most interesting. Apparently employees had to submit photographs of themselves. There are a number of FBI informants in the case, many of them traditionally PI's. The four or five with Harry in his office watching the assassination are so far not heard from, let alone named. IMO cracking aspects of the case could lie in that direction.

Thank you again.

Thanks for posting that photo, Bernice.

First time I've ever seen a photo of Harry. I agree with John that the backyard, picket fence theme is a fitting one. I recently read that he was also present at the meetings in which the motorcade route were discussed. This fellow was everywhere.

Suspicious.

First time I've ever seen a photo of Harry. I agree with John that the backyard, picket fence theme is a fitting one. I recently read that he was also present at the meetings in which the motorcade route were discussed. This fellow was everywhere.

Suspicious.

Bud who retired from the "Christians In Action" told me that PI cover&creds were often used by Agency operators inside the US.

Suspicious.

Indeed, what did he not get involved with? He sat in his office staring directly across the plaza to the sixth floor window for days, months, years? Described himself as a trained 'suspicioner'. Odd word. Perhaps derived from french 'spy'. One of the first to handle the Z film, one of the last to speak to Oswald, provided the 'damning evidence' in various forms etc etc etc....Yet one of the least known of all who one would expect to be known. And he's dead now. I don't think anyone got to him in time with the right questions. Like Ian Griggs says 'the man with four faces'. Possibly Mil Intel. Definitely FBI informant T-7. Hop skip and jump from the CIA heads through his superiors. One of which who resigned halfway through 1963 in a dubious set of circumstances: J.E Day, an "I know nothing' man as far as the latter investigations into intel ops.

Where did you read this about the motorcade meeting? Who else was present?

Hmmm.....

apt pic. He was a dental student as well. (who wandered the plaza that afternoon, picking up bone piece and discarding as being of no interest)

Where did you read this about the motorcade meeting? Who else was present?

Oops--my mistake.

It wasn't a meeting where the motorcade route was discussed, it was Holmes' presence in Sorrels' office a few hours after the assassination where he and Sorrels viewed the Z film frame by frame--posted by you on this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=8953&st=0

The error acknowledged, it still seems a bit strange that the Postal Inspector was so intimately involved in this, in addition to his infamous questioning of LHO just before he was assassinated.