The Education Forum

Pergola in Re-enactment Frame

post-1708-1182980035_thumb.jpg

There was a small shed behind these horizontal slats in 11/63

but the re-enactment captured the light streaming through this

structure in the ambush zone..........sniper? radio? observer? film?

Hey Shanet!

I think you mean the opposite side. The shed is still there today.

http://us.share.geocities.com/quaneeri4/Dealey_Plaza2.jpg

Robin's site...

- lee

Hey Shanet!

I think you mean the opposite side. The shed is still there today.

http://us.share.geocities.com/quaneeri4/Dealey_Plaza2.jpg

Robin's site...

- lee

Could a shooter have stood behind the Pergola and stuck his rifle through the slats and shot President Kennedy that way and make a quick escape? Or do you think he was in the pergola?

Kathy

Could a shooter have stood behind the Pergola and stuck his rifle through the slats and shot President Kennedy that way and make a quick escape? Or do you think he was in the pergola?

Kathy

I don't believe that anyone was in the pergola - but that is only my opinion. This is a Willis5 which a researcher let me have - he got it from the packet of postcards that Phil used to sell - from Mrs. Willis. I believe there is a set for sale at present on eBay. I interpolated the entire photo to a 65mb bitmap - here is a crop of the area in question. It does appear that someone is standing on something behind the pergola - that's my impression.

Also, it would have been possible to squeeze between the toolsheds on the opposite side of the structure and have a minimum view out through the openings, which remaining unseen on almost all sides. I have some photos I took of and from this location, but I'll be dammed if I know where I put them.

- lee

post-675-1183004853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Forman

• 7 months later...
I don't believe that anyone was in the pergola - but that is only my opinion. This is a Willis5 which a researcher let me have - he got it from the packet of postcards that Phil used to sell - from Mrs. Willis. I believe there is a set for sale at present on eBay. I interpolated the entire photo to a 65mb bitmap - here is a crop of the area in question. It does appear that someone is standing on something behind the pergola - that's my impression.

Also, it would have been possible to squeeze between the tool sheds on the opposite side of the structure and have a minimum view out through the openings, which remaining unseen on almost all sides. I have some photos I took of and from this location, but I'll be dammed if I know where I put them.

- lee

Lee is right about which side of the colonnade that the shed was on. It should also be noted that the side street in front of the TSBD was full of spectators that would have made cover slim to none. The Willis photo shows both shelter openings at the time of the first shot and not only was no seen in the openings with a gun, no shot heard from the shelters, the field of view would be very constricted.

One more thing worth considering is whether or not anyone looking through the shelter opening could even see the President 4' up from the center lane with a line of people standing along the curb. Someone would need to be elevated as high as Zapruder was so to be able to see JFK over the top of the crowd.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller